Recommended brands of Coco Coir

InTheSystem

Just now, TheGr33nMan said:

@InTheSystem Dna mills coco was high ec straight out the bag.think i might try Plagron myself

I might just give some clay balls a run soon lol Plant Magic do a coco too - anyone run that?

• Like 1

Just now, frankie-smiles said:

I might just give some clay balls a run soon lol Plant Magic do a coco too - anyone run that?

Plant magic is the bleach of Marijuana Products in my experience lol 

• Like 1

Just now, InTheSystem said:

Plant magic is the bleach of Marijuana Products in my experience lol 

Nuff said bro :ouch:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGr33nMan said:

@InTheSystem Dna mills coco was high ec straight out the bag.think i might try Plagron myself

It is funny. I said to you I would not mind paying 20 quid for a bag of quality coir I can shove in a pot and good to go.. 20 quid and it's no good? Oh my days lol 

Just now, frankie-smiles said:

too be fair frankie running clay balls is much less hassle

Need a pump and timer though, does not stay saturated for more than an hour or 2.. Unless you have a load of time to hand water 4 or 5 times a day of course lol  

wilkos coco bricks 4 quid for a nice + shiny gnat free 40 ltr block. :yep:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
  • Like 2

Thinking dripper system would be the way to go, only style I've never really tried is 100% clay balls. Coco has done me well for years, recently though - I'm not sure what it is but it isn't really floating my boat any more, seems less reliable than I remember lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

wilkos coco bricks 4 quid for a nice + shiny gnat free 40 ltr block. :yep:

Thanks for posting - I don't live in the UK any more buddy so it would be an expensive route for me... I am looking at the UGro XL suggested by @monkeypig - seems to be a similar type of product any how and comes shiny gnat free also :D 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, frankie-smiles said:

Thinking dripper system would be the way to go, only style I've never really tried is 100% clay balls. Coco has done me well for years, recently though - I'm not sure what it is but it isn't really floating my boat any more, seems less reliable than I remember lol 

I am in the opposite boat, been doing hydro for 8 years and various factors, mostly power cuts due to storms where I am - have completed destroyed crops while I am away or asleep if at my house because of the roots drowning or in the case of a modified Wilma EBB type setup dehydrated. These are plants I have done 2 months vegetative periods on, need to make life less stressful these days with work etc - I can pull the same weight on coco as I can on hydro with the same veg time, so it is the obvious choice for me as I am at home and can water once a day, no worries.. I was chatting to @TheGr33nMan and we were both saying how we would be happy to pay 20 quid for a bag of coir we should stick in a pot and be ready to go... Simple things hey lol 

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, InTheSystem said:

Thanks for posting - I don't live in the UK any more buddy so it would be an expensive route for me... I am looking at the UGro XL suggested by @monkeypig - seems to be a similar type of product any how and comes shiny gnat free also :D 

ive run coco for a while bach........ husk is husk..its whats going through the dope that matters...... dope will grow in a bucket of chippings given half the chance....... with the correct PH... :D   may the force be wiv ewe :hippy:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

ive run coco for a while bach........ husk is husk..its whats going through the dope that matters...... dope will grow in a bucket of chippings given half the chance....... with the correct PH... :D   may the force be wiv ewe :hippy:

Yup that is true mate, I have been growing for years on all mediums and climates and they will adapt and grow anywhere for the most part.. I am just looking for a quality, bug free product and minimising work I have to do (i.e. prepping mediums, clogging up showers, stealing colanders from the kitchen) as I get older and lazier :D So anything good off the shelf I am sold.

Edited by InTheSystem

i use canna but I'm now put off by what I have been reading about califonia and what canna have come out and said, apparently if you want to pass heavy metal tests in cali you shouldn't be using their coir as grows have been failing tests. 

• Like 2