UK Cannabis Law and the Human Rights issue. You can help!

srfr

Hey good people of UK420 (especially those in the UK).
You cannot have missed the news that around the world cannabis is being normalised. Decriminalised. Medicinised even. Here in the UK we have GW Pharmaceuticals and British Sugar growing CBD flowers and Skunk #1 to make Sativex and Epidolex, for export mostly. In fact, according to the UN, the UK exported 95 tons of cannabis in 2016, making it the WORLDS biggest exporter. Theresa May's husband Phillip works for Capital investment who own 22% of GW, and Victoria Atkins (Drugs Minister) husband Paul Kenward is the CEO of British Sugar! These two fairly influential politicians (well, one is the PM!) are profiting from the cannabis industry but neither support the fact that cannabis has any medical use, and they don't want the British public to have access to it! In most cases they are still persecuting us for the tiniest of amounts, no matter the circumstances.
Recently the law changed in the UK and cannabis was reclassified as having medicinal value. Famously a couple of kids were given access but once the cameras stopped flashing and the headlined dwindled, those kids were left with nothing. As far as I'm aware, no person has had an actual NHS prescription filled in the UK. Period. No matter what you read. 
Now, there are those amongst us who believe the conversation has moved on. No more can the UK government say that cannabis has no medical value as they have rescheduled it. They are sitting on the fence still and desperately trying to monetise it in the form of a pharmaceutical drug that can be sold for 10's of thousands of pounds per person per year. This is a plant that can be grown outdoors for free, or indoors as most of you will know for peanuts. (My friend worked out he can produce an Oz under LED for £13). This is clearly a joke. Now, several countries have freed the adult use of cannabis, for whatever reason, based on our human rights. Mexico just did it? I love Mexico but do Mexicans have MORE human rights than Brits? Are they more human than us? No, they are the same amount of human!
This fight can be won. We can remove cannabis from the hands of seriously violent organised criminals (No, not you Mr.Tentlife, but the bad boys. You know who I mean!), from the hands of the multi billion pound pharmaceutical business, from the hedge fund managers married to the prime minister ffs, and into our own hands! 
I believe its possible to take the government to court, hold it to account and achieve our human rights to self-determination, freedom of consciousness, expression of identity, private beliefs and practises, and autonomy of health, so that any who wish to can manage their health, well-being and happiness with natural herbal cannabis or seek herbal independence by growing their own, free from extreme prejudice and violent interference from the State.

• Like 13

Just now, Kipper420 said:

Just can't even read it in that colour font.

lifes too short.

Sorry dude, what do you mean? The font is white on a black background. What do you see?

White lettering on grey background. Thankfully it's not red lettering on green as I would see Jack

Good luck taking the Government to court though :yep: 

• Like 1

I'm with you @srfr  The world is opening their eyes to cannabis legalisation for medical use and our archaic failing government and media is doing everything it can to stop us having access to it. We need more people to stand up to our government

Edited by TerpMan

17 hours ago, Larry Badgeley said:

White lettering on grey background. Thankfully it's not red lettering on green as I would see Jack

Good luck taking the Government to court though :yep: 

Ah, maybe that's on a phone as the website has a black background. Actually, the post is now very dark on the web version! Go figure!!!

18 hours ago, srfr said:

I believe its possible to take the government to court, hold it to account and achieve our human rights to self-determination, freedom of consciousness, expression of identity, private beliefs and practises, and autonomy of health, so that any who wish to can manage their health, well-being and happiness with natural herbal cannabis or seek herbal independence by growing their own, free from extreme prejudice and violent interference from the State.

if you walk into a (court) your playing their game and you could come out with the feeling you've won, but you haven't, they've let you win with conditions attached (conditional acceptance)

you might be free to use cannabis but it will be under certain 'conditions', what those conditions are nobody knows yet.. but they will most probably be limiting and expensive.

at the moment i can put some seeds in the ground and if i keep my mouth shut i can help manage my pain/health and others around me for (as you say) next to nothing..

I know thats a very selfish attitude because some that need cannabis are not in a position to grow so they need the prospective help your offering, so go for it!

i prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than seek permission.. :stoned:  

Edited by twigs
  • Like 5

didn't eddie silence take his case all the way to the court of human rights? he lost didn't he, anyone remember :unsure:

i'm pretty sure as its possession is deemed illegal you have no rights regards it under uk law. i.e its illegality covers any right to ownership or use and until such time as its legal status changes your human rights aren't breached

i could be wrong as i'm not 100%. is there legal prescident regards human rights and illegal actions.

@theokoles any idea?

It is becoming an issue as some people are allowed some are not.

In my opinion within next few months someone with a bit of £ and good legal team will challenge this travesty

1 hour ago, Cursed said:

didn't eddie silence take his case all the way to the court of human rights? he lost didn't he, anyone remember :unsure:

Eddie had an application for judicial review turned down by Lord Justice Leveson in the High Court back in 2009.

Rev Paul Farnhill from the Cantheist Cannabis Assembly ( also uk420 member )was queued to be heard at ECHR for over 3 years but they refused to look at his case in the end.

Edited by bartman
  • Like 3