Got some rock hard lemon haze that sends me on a whitey when I smoke it. Can PGR's cause this?

MasterSplinter

I recently purchased an oz of lemon haze. It stinks, and is very potent. But, it's rock hard. I've put an image below.

I'm a long time smoker and rarely whitey, but this stuff sent me over the edge. Caused me to vomit, have panic attacks, and made my heart rate skyrocket to around 150bpm. Lemon haze never does this to me and is my favorite strain. The other weed I have doesn't do this.

I did some research on why the buds could be rock hard and discovered PGR's ... Gravity being the most popular. I also read these PGR's can be harmful?

It's either too potent, or whatever they grew it with is still in the plant is having a negative effect on me. Is that possible?

nVHLKlE.jpg

Edited by MasterSplinter
  • Like 1

do you know its funny, not towards yourself mate of course as i sympathise. But most the dealer weed around here I can't smoke well at all, the majority sends me on a whitey and doesn't give a very positive experience. Cheese, haze, purps just not very enjoyable and if i'm honest has been like this for a very long time, forced me to quit about 6 year ago thinking it had done my noodle. Started growing again myself couple years back and its the weed I remember, except tailored to what I like. I think its a combination of a number of things, laced shite that dealers push which includes stuff that gets you hooked, early harvests, pumped nutes/lack of flush and just the unknown in general. 

Can't help with specifics but who knows what they put in the shit to bulk it out and additives to get young uns addicted, sorry state of affairs really. Only way you can be sure what goes in and what is potentially going to come out at the time you want, is to grow it yourself, which is a bitter pill to swallow as i'm dry until this GDP is finished in about 2 weeks plus dry/cure time. 

ATB mate  

Edited by Autobud
  • Like 3

I'm actually chopping my own harvest tonight :) I did a 600w grow with 5 different strains. It's my second grow, but my first one wasn't so good. This one is spot on. In a couple of weeks I'll have some lovely buds hopefully.

I'm literally in the same boat as you waiting. That's why I have to go elsewhere for now. My usual guy was away on business trip so went elsewhere.

I agree, street weed these days is terrible for the most part.

Edited by MasterSplinter
  • Like 1

Just now, Owderb said:

Them buds remind me of buds grown with that shite product called Rox. Same colour too

Owd

Wouldn't surprise me at all. No doubt for profit growers are using all sorts to increase their ROI. Disgusting stuff!

Never going to change mate, its no different to coke dealers smashing the gear with bicarb, glucose, lidocaine etc its all ROI!

as much as it spoils it for the veterans because we know better, kids will always buy it to just get “as fucked as they can” as I say, sorry state of affairs and is in my mind the reasons behind people blaming it for doing ridiculously stupid things, because it prolly does just that. 

Edited by Autobud
  • Like 1

It's the main reason I started growning, most 'street' weed just makes my feel sick, and most of the hash about round here is chest infection inducing :puke:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Autobud said:

Never going to change mate, its no different to coke dealers smashing the gear with bicarb, glucose, lidocaine etc its all ROI!

as much as it spoils it for the veterans because we know better, kids will always buy it to just get “as fucked as they can” as I say, sorry state of affairs and is in my mind the reasons behind people blaming it for doing ridiculously stupid things, because it prolly does just that. 

Another reason for legislation, but not going to happen. I believe this is the type of weed that gives weed a bad name too. Any non smoker trying weed for the first time, or even a seasoned smoker tbh, is going to be in for a hell of a ride.

Also Rox was mentioned as a harmful product here too: https://manicbotanix.com/pgrs-and-medical-marijuana/

Edited by MasterSplinter

Just now, Mugwuffin said:

It's the main reason I started growning, most 'street' weed just makes my feel sick, and most of the hash about round here is chest infection inducing :puke:

Glad I'm not the only one who has experienced ill effects from street weed. So happy I started growing too. Fed up of the general poor quality. If you got a hookup it's not so bad but the good ones are rare to find, and have short supply of their own because it's mostly personal growers that grow the good stuff and they don't sell or share. And usually cost upwards of £230 and ounce!

I laughed at the "chest infection inducing" bit, that's true up this way too.

• Like 2

if its setting ewe off a bit much bach i`ll bong it for ewe ? just saying i`ll bong banana skins see,or i did back in my youth. :rofl:  send it over brother. :yep:

• Like 3

Just now, thekingofobsolete said:

if its setting ewe off a bit much bach i`ll bong it for ewe ? just saying i`ll bong banana skins see,or i did back in my youth. :rofl:  send it over brother. :yep:

You dirty bastard lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

Ewe sure mate? Might have ewe off ewe'r tits. Don't want ewe driving the wrong way up the motorway and ram'ming into some poor fecker now do we :yep: 

E2a Banana Skins, now theres one to remember :toldya:

Edited by Autobud
  • Like 3

I'd not bother with it mate.

I shit you not the commercial growers do all sorts to make shite weed better. I remember a stuff called "Bless" that hit London in the early 2000's. Very solid nugs, very light green, but it smelt like chemicals and left a really weird sandy residue on the baggie. Funny but I, as did many, have the exact same issues with it. Every time I smoked it I would have a really bad whitey or have a severe panic / anxiety attack. It took a while to narrow it down like most it only popped up once or twice a month. But it was 100% something nasty in that weed.

I'd examine it under a magnifying glass or loupe if you have one before smoking any more.

• Like 3

Just now, GreenVision said:

I'd not bother with it mate.

I shit you not the commercial growers do all sorts to make shite weed better. I remember a stuff called "Bless" that hit London in the early 2000's. Very solid nugs, very light green, but it smelt like chemicals and left a really weird sandy residue on the baggie. Funny but I, as did many, have the exact same issues with it. Every time I smoked it I would have a really bad whitey or have a severe panic / anxiety attack. It took a while to narrow it down like most it only popped up once or twice a month. But it was 100% something nasty in that weed.

I'd examine it under a magnifying glass or loupe if you have one before smoking any more.

I have a scope! Just reminded me, going to dig it out of the attic now. My partner smokes it fine though ... which is strange. She's like TheKing though, she'll smoke anything.

• Like 1