Critical Jack & OG Kush fully automatic in a bramble bush!

bigbadbudboi

I've had a mad couple of weeks with friends and festas so a lot has happened growth wise with the plants and I have also chopped my first plant of the season already!! :guitar:

The original Critical Jack was looking ready and I had another plant ready to fill its potting hole so I pulled the pot out of the ground and could instantly see why she had stayed so small, there were hardly any roots on her! When I dug through the planting hole I found a shit load of these fat white grub things and I think they have been eating the roots, bloody nature!

Here's a pic of them for your nightmares, if anyone knows what they are id be interested to find out...

large.IMG_6216.JPG

Iv had something making holes in the mulch and around the potting holes so I reckon that birds are digging to find the fat feckers. The photoperiods iv got out don't seem to be affected but maybe their roots have gone deeper and these things stay near the surface, god knows, never had a problem with them before. The plants in tubs are doing way better so that's the only thing I can think it can be. 

So onto some pictures of the original Critical Jack ready for trimming, from seed to weed in 60 days!! She may be small but she sure is frosty and stinky, cant wait to smoke her :wub:

large.IMG_6229.JPGlarge.IMG_6223.JPGlarge.IMG_6221.JPGlarge.IMG_6219.JPGlarge.IMG_6162.JPGlarge.IMG_6160.JPGlarge.IMG_6156.JPG

I gave her a rough trim but left a fair bit of leaf on to try and help her dry a bit slower, will get some dry pics up when she is looking more presentable! So that's 1 down and 6 to go and the first set of new recruits have been going for it.....

• Like 5

Well I was hoping for a bit of stretch from the girls in pots and they have sure delivered in the last couple of weeks with the OG's in particular growing into right little bean poles! The Critical Jack has really frosted up in the last week and is looking dangerous, I'm feeling much more positive about these 3 now and looking forward to a good flower show from them. So here they are from a week ago.....

large.IMG_6155.JPG

And here they are a couple of days ago....

large.IMG_6232.JPG

And some close ups, first the Critical Jack....

large.IMG_6234.JPGlarge.IMG_6240.JPGlarge.IMG_6241.JPG

And some of the 2 OG's....

large.IMG_6242.JPGlarge.IMG_6243.JPGlarge.IMG_6246.JPGlarge.IMG_6247.JPG

There will be bud  :notworthy:  

Looking forward to the swelling, they should be getting the most intense sun of the year to finish so here we go! :toot:

• Like 5

And last but not least is the latest recruits :flex:

Temperatures got into the high 30's last week which might've slowed their progress a bit but they are still coming along nicely and hopefully ready to get a growth spurt on. Here they are last week....

large.IMG_6174.JPG

And here they are as of a day or 2 ago...

large.IMG_6250.JPG

All in all I'm a happy boy and iv got my mojo back! :punk:

Stay lucky and have a good summer all you guerrillas out there!! :hippy:

• Like 8

On 05/07/2019 at 3:40 PM, bigbadbudboi said:

So onto some pictures of the original Critical Jack ready for trimming, from seed to weed in 60 days!! She may be small but she sure is frosty and stinky, cant wait to smoke her :wub:

60 day's seed to weed and outdoor to. I would call that a success my friend  :yep:

Happy harvesting mate ;)

Batch 2 look to have kicked into gear and showing some nice growth over the last week and the latest recruits also look to be loving the outdoor life  :headbang:

Thanks for 3 detailed update mate  ;)

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Dinafem-Mark  Cheers man, the Critical Jack sure is a fast one, way faster than all the other auto's iv tried this year and the second Critical Jack is on 53 days now and doesn't look too far from finishing which is good because after one tester pipe of the first one the few buds I had disappeared real quickly! Really love the flavour of the auto Critical Jack, have you tried the photoperiod version?

I would be really interested to know how similar they are taste wise because this one tasted exactly like the one I grew last year and I can't get enough of that flavour, could do with some big jars full of it!! Might just have to run it next year and find out for myself :yep:

Here are some pictures of the last nugget that made its way into my pipe, great flavour with no cure, I couldn't stop myself from blazing it all in a few days! 

large.IMG_6386.JPGlarge.IMG_6388.JPGlarge.IMG_6390.JPG

Really difficult flavour to describe but I'll give it a go. The first thing that came to mind when smoking it was Badedas bath gel for some reason and it still sticks with me! It's fragrant, not really sweet or spicy but has a little of both and is pungent, a little bit of onion/garlic but only in the background, complex it is! Need to smoke more and try to cure some this time to get a better description, I'll try harder next time :smartass:

As for effect it comes on strong and almost instantly softens my body, makes me a bit lethargic but certainly helps with pain. My mind is still pretty active but I wouldn't attempt anything too complex after smoking it! Great for after work, not so much before, can be a bit heavy on the eyes :smokin:    All in all I really enjoy this strain and I'm already looking forward to the next plant coming down.

Interestingly when I was emptying the rootballs out of the pots from a couple of different plants this is what I found....

large.IMG_6312.JPG

The plant on the left was the Critical Jack Auto that was in a 1 litre pot with slots in the ground and the one on the right was a DFG that was just grown and flowered in a 1 litre pot. You can see the damage the Vine Weevil grubs or Chafer grubs (I'm still not sure which) had been doing, all those little feeder roots gobbled up, no wonder she stayed small! Amazing that she survived really, tough old plants these Critical Jacks. 

Another Critical Jack nearly ready to chop is up next with the 2 OG's that are budding up nicely and also starting to make my mouth water :eat:  

• Like 4

Here we go then, a group shot of the 3 amigas! The Critical Jack is finishing much faster, probably a week or so to go with the OG's looking like they will want another 3 or 4 weeks to fully ripen up...

large.IMG_6394.JPG

The 2 OG's on the left still seem to be growing up a little bit, the stretch on them has really impressed me and they are getting some chunky looking nuggets now, crazy smells coming off them but not as honking as the Critical Jack!

Some individual photo's and first of all is this wee frost monster, 53 days since germination and not looking too far from the chop. Nice stacked calyxes on her :naughty:

large.IMG_6412.JPGlarge.IMG_6413.JPGlarge.IMG_6416.JPGlarge.IMG_6420.JPGlarge.IMG_6424.JPG

And the 2 OG's which I suppose I should call OG1 and OG2 from now! So OG 1 which is a bit shorter, tighter nodes and more compact....

large.IMG_6395.JPGlarge.IMG_6396.JPGlarge.IMG_6398.JPGlarge.IMG_6401.JPG 

And OG2 which is taller, longer nodes but chunkier buds....

large.IMG_6402.JPGlarge.IMG_6405.JPGlarge.IMG_6410.JPGlarge.IMG_6403.JPG

Not sure what the damage is to the leaf pictured above, maybe some sort of leaf miner? I don't really want to use any sprays at this stage, just gonna hope it doesn't get much worse. The sun and temperatures have been brutal this last week so could be suffering from that but overall still growing well and will hopefully finish ok.

These 3 have had a couple of doses of fermented comfrey juice and piss but just plain water apart from that, watering every 3 days a few litres a pot, cruising along.

Next up is a group shot of all the Dinafem auto's together, with the latest batch of recruits enjoying the lack of transplant and big pot. They look like they're starting to flower and already outgrowing their older relatives, think iv got it right this time! 

large.IMG_6452.JPG

• Like 2

Finally a quick round up of the last 3 auto's to go out. They have been getting their stretch on and looking like they will end up being decent plants this time! Third time lucky and all that :lucky:

The Gorilla is turning into a beast (for me!) and overtaking the Critical Jack in height but the Critical Jack looks like it's started flowering first. The Cookies is a bit behind but she did germinate a bit later and I reckon she will fill out a bit more over the next week or so and hopefully stretch like the OG's did.

So group shots of the 3 together…..

large.IMG_6429.JPGlarge.IMG_6430.JPG

A couple of the Critical Jack, just started flowering and looking great...

large.IMG_6436.JPGlarge.IMG_6437.JPG

The Beastly Gorilla, really impressed with the growth on her! The best growth rate of any auto iv grown so far, at one month old and just started to flower....

large.IMG_6431.JPGlarge.IMG_6432.JPG 

And last but not least the Cookies, plenty of side branching so could be a bushy little number! Hopefully she'll get a spurt on this week...

large.IMG_6434.JPGlarge.IMG_6435.JPG

These have not had anything but plain water and a tiny bit of seaweed once a week, then just a couple of foliar feeds of seaweed and fishmix (the evidence of which you can see in the photo's!) and are getting watered a couple of litres every 3 days, every 4 days for the Cookies. I'm really looking forward to seeing how these develop over the coming weeks and to seeing what they can do with an uninterrupted veg period, I certainly don't think I'll be transplanting auto's again anytime soon, big pots for the win!!

Edited by bigbadbudboi
  • Like 3

You put a huge effort in preparing your plot and holes only to end up using containers! 

Your diary allows others me to learn from your mistakes. Thanks. 

Results are looking great. 

Definitely considering Crit J for next season and hoping my wwxxl autos from dina will perform. My soil is so rubbish though, next year will have more prep, better soil etc. 

Edited by Stashmonger
Spelling

3 hours ago, bigbadbudboi said:

@Dinafem-Mark

Here are some pictures of the last nugget that made its way into my pipe, great flavour with no cure, I couldn't stop myself from blazing it all in a few days! 

How many grams did you get off that first plant in the end?

I've got a tiny shiva skunk auto that looks identical. It'll probably be the first to chop this season, making them the first buds I'll have ever harvested. 

Too exciting 

@Stashmonger  I didn't weigh it because it wasn't totally dry when I started smoking it :wassnnme:  but I reckon there was probably 7 or 8 grams, maybe a bit more, not bad for a plant with hardly any roots!

Happy harvesting dude, nothing like your own buds no matter what size! Hopefully the first of many for you, congratulations on getting on the road to self sufficiency, just gotta ease up on the slug pellets and your bud will work out even cheaper :rofl: 

:cheers:

• Like 1

That's really nice of you to say dude, thanks. 

Also, congratulations on funniest comment re slug pelets so far :rofl: genuine lol. 

I'll be well chuffed if I get 7g from each if those little shivas, nice little stash 

Honestly mate for a first time your plants are looking fine and you should get enough bud from them to get you high for a while and to get you properly hooked, then next year.....try not to over do it is my advice!

Good to see your still putting some plants out, always good to put a few plants out at different stages through the season in the outdoor game, best to have a few plots as well. I've got all my eggs in one basket this year and that makes me a bit uneasy but gonna have plants coming down from July to November this year so spreads out the trimming and keeps me in some new flavours.

Hope you don't get much more jip for the slug pellets, it can be a steep learning curve round here! 

All the best :bong:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@bigbadbudboi Some nice variety going on in here in both strain selection and growth stages  :yep:

One of our first outdoor harvests to  ;)

Looking like the outdoor life is going well in here  :yep:

Until next time buddy  :headbang:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..