1st time seed user

Leafneck

I'm going to do my 1st seed grow , then on my second time I'm going to buy a 1mx1mx2m tent and grow 1 single separate strain using and led light .. that's my plan sorted 

I'm reading as much as I can tonight and I'll decide .. Thanks for your help guys

• Like 1

Critical 2.0 is the strain I always recommend to new growers. It can take plenty of abuse, produces a great tasting end product with a nice balanced high and very few strains can beat it for yield.

As the others have said the addition of the blueberry to the PAK gave the Purps#1 an injection of extra vigour in the veg stage. large.IMG_7132.JPG

This is the Purps#1 I grew last year. It was a very pretty looking plant and yielded noticeably more than the PAK’s that were in the same grow. If yield is important I’d go for the Purps over PAK.

Gorilla is one I haven’t grown myself but It gets very solid reviews all round.

• Like 3

Brilliant real life advice you can't get from Google,  this forum is gold dust ! 

Just been having a read today on strain diaries and germination .

The method I'm going to use is the following and any advice is welcome as I still need to do alot of research for my reassurance.

10 seeds in shot glass of water for 12 hours,is there a certain temputure I want that water in shot glass ?

wet paper towel folded popped into a sealed food bag, then use coat hanger and a peg to clip the bag onto it and hang it in airing cupboard for 24 hours ( little trick I saw a few member using to help tap root grow straight down) .

Once tap roots appear around 20mm long , I'll get (fingers crossed ) 10x 0.5 litre pots filled 2 inch from top ,saturate untill **% run off, poke a 10-15mm deep hole with pen lid.. pop seed in root down .. lightly cover seed with coco .

Then I'm going to place in my groom ,

Will I need light to help seedling stretch out of coco or just an ideal temputure in darkness ? 

From seedling they will be under 250w setting hps light 10inch from top of pot with fan blowing between 2. Untill i can pot up to 1.5litre pot 

I'll be introducing very light a&b + root stim from around day 6 of appearing out the coco. 

Do you guys stick to 18/6 light periods soon as the seedling breaks the coco? 

• Like 2

I've done alot of reading and came across alot of different advice , I understand it's what works for you as an individual... but id rather take someone's solid advice than fcck it up and learn from experience if you know what I mean . Thankyou very much for the knowledge and your time

• Like 2

Just now, Leafneck said:

is there a certain temputure I want that water in shot glass ?

Ideally around room temperature mate 68-74o(f) :)

Just now, Leafneck said:

Then I'm going to place in my groom ,

Will I need light to help seedling stretch out of coco or just an ideal temputure in darkness ? 

When your seeds have spouted and into your starter cubes/pots you want to get them under light mate. Not to intense, most growers will use t5 lighting of cfl type lighting for this early stage or a low powered LED  :yep:

Just now, Leafneck said:

Do you guys stick to 18/6 light periods soon as the seedling breaks the coco? 

For photoperiod strains. Yes, 18/6 is the preferred lighting regime. You could use 20/4 or even 24/0 in the early stage but I've always advice 18/6 as imo plants need some down time ;)

Hope that helps a little my friend :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

1 added bit of info. Do you have access to a propogator for the very early seeing stage?

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 1

Shall I buy a hi top heated or none heated propogator ? Also a t5 light ? 

I've clearly got alot of reading to crack on with but all the help is appreciated 

• Like 1

Just now, Leafneck said:

Shall I buy a hi top heated or none heated propogator ? Also a t5 light ? 

I've clearly got alot of reading to crack on with but all the help is appreciated 

I don't think you would need a heated prop mate as the weather is warming up outdoors. There are a few on the market that come with either a t5 or LED strip that fits directly into the prop lid ;)

Have a look about buddy, plenty of selection or you could improvise as other members do :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 2