1st time seed user

Leafneck

Hello , I've just completed my 1st clone grow with success... massive learning curve but I got there . 

Was sold lemon haze clones which turned out to be cheese after I dried and cured. I was following a 13 feed sceduale :banned:never the less , 52oz dry from 8 plants

Anyway I've been offered some cheese clones but I really want to try doing different strains and obviously when buying seeds I know what I'm going to get. 

I'll be using coco coir

Wilma 8 pot xxl dripper system 

3 x 600w (adjustable) hps lights

2.6m length x 1.6 m wide x 2.1m height insulated room . 8"extraction 6" intake 

Oscolating fan , fan speed controllers , oil rad box build for intake temps. 

Going to switch to "bloom " nutrients range as a few have recommended it and said the price is worth the product.

I wanted to try indi instead of sativa next as height became abit of an issue on my 1st grow and top 6" got heat stress. I flipped at 16" iirc.  Anyway.

I really like the look of the Purple Afgan Kush or remo chemo but if flip it early so height isn't an issue ... 

Any advice of strain choice which will work to my advantage ? 

I've watched YouTube videos how to germinate , seems easy enough to grow from seed 

• Like 2

shitty you got sold them cheese clones as lemon! Happens far too often I once got clones that had spidermite and ruined my entire grow!

how about germinating your own seeds and keeping a mother for your own cuttings? This will provide consistent plants that grow the same and will be a quicker turn around than growing from seed each time. 

• Like 3

Shame isn't it , a friend lost 5 plants to mites as a clone was riddled with them . 

That's a great idea and 1 I'll read into but I've looked at dinafems femonized range and id like to try a different strain each time as it's part of the adventure ! 

• Like 3

That's unless I find the ultimate yeilder I fall in love with haha . 8 plants a time but I think I'll stick to 1 stain each time too 

• Like 2

Variety is a good shout! Like u say can keep looking for that ultimate yielder!!

Dinafem are great! Have grown white widow, strawberry amnesia and blue hash

White Widow might be a good indica for you to try, she stayed short and bushy for me finishes in around 50-55 days

would also recommend trying strawberry ammo at some point she is a very stretchy Sativa and does take up to 70 days but is well worth the wait, Pure strawberry goodness!!! 

Edited by CaptainK
  • Like 2

My favourite ever smoke was a strawberry haze or ammo so it's definetly on the list ! 

I keep looking at the pak and it just looks so appealing! But then I go on the dinafem site and I'm back to square one lol

The good people of uk420 are always on hand to help out so I'm happy to try seeds next, I'll make my order in a couple of days and get my groom cleaned ready

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Leafneck said:

I keep looking at the pak and it just looks so appealing!

pak you will love her. not much stretch, so needs a good veg. smells like tropical fruit when flowering. 

sam

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samhigh said:

pak you will love her. not much stretch, so needs a good veg. smells like tropical fruit when flowering. 

sam

Funny enough Sam I'm literally reading through your 17 page diary just before I went to sleep, only got to page 7 at the mo. I'm either going to use 18 or 24 litre pots and a nice long veg but hope to pull a 5 oz yeild each plant fingers crossed

• Like 2

Would people mind dropping their top 3 suggestions for a strong yielding but easy 1st seed grow ? Thankyou 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leafneck said:

top 3 suggestions for a strong yielding but easy 1st seed grow

indica doms

pak

og kush

gorilla

easy to grow, nice yields, and great quality meds

sam

• Like 3

@samhigh @Smokebelch

I know you've both done our PAK and Purps#1 :)

Out of the 2 strains would you say Purps#1 is easier to grow than her parent PAK? 

My choices for @Leafneck were 

Purps #1

Critical Cheese 

Critical+

With that said 

Strawberry Amnesia would be a great choice for a first grow. She's a very easy to maintain strain, can stretch some in bloom due to the heavy sativa influence but in general a very easy lady to grow ;)

Keep us posted with which strain you choose my friend  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark@Leafneck I would suggest Purps@1 over PAK for a beginner as I found PAK was very slow in veg and was an ugly looking thing, it was very always droopy and a new grower May end up thinking it’s struggling. It’s a cracking plant once in flower though. 

Strawberry Amnesia is a stretcher so probs not the best for a first grow as it may end up a lot taller than the rest, best to try and keep it simple first time I reckon.

I think a lot of people suggest Blue Cheese when people as for suggestion for a first grow, I haven’t  grown it myself but that could be an option as there are tons of diaries with that in.

Also if he wants potent then Remo Chemo is the one for that, the first one I grew out was very easy fuss free. I have one now which is being a bit fussy though.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 2

Having read another 15 diaries , I'm swaying towards the critical or remo ... like a fat kid in a cake shop right now lol

Ideally I'd like a similar yielding plant to the cheese I just grew . 52 oz from 8 plants . Flipped 4 weeks veg @ 18" with around 1.2x stretch. Coco , canna nutes, 18 litre pots  , 3 x 600w ...  I did get slight heat stress trying to keep the humidity down to around 45% as I used the temputure to decrease the humidity.. 31 degrees the last 2 week's large.155311049910592.jpg

Anyhow . Im going to stick to the same strain as im wilma dripper system. 

I shall read a little more into critical and remo this evening 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leafneck said:

I'm swaying towards the critical or remo

I would do both mate  :)

I know your working with a Wilma system so 1 reservoir to feed all plants, Critical will finish faster than Remo which could cause an issue unless you drop out Critical and give Remo Chemo more light for her final 7-10 day's  ;)

If I had to pick 1 for a 1st grow, I would say Critical buddy :yep:

Let us know what you choose mate. I have a feeling you may change your mind lol

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3