Help me past an age old Quantum Board fear.

GreenVision

@tokenroll Cheers mate, sounds good. Glad to see your still running the Dark Plasma, I'm chopping 3 plants of it next week. 

I see the strips on the site, defo look interesting. I'm in a 1.5m x 3m tent now so if I did go this way I'd get whichever works best in my space.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tokenroll said:

@ratdog  Its the usable light output that makes the difference so pony up 450 watts of led instead of 600 hid.

Toke...

That's roughly the same argument of 315 cmh to about 400 also, I'm yet to see such claims come true with this, but I'm far from growing at a gpw so are you making that conclusion on achieving the legendary gpw?

41 minutes ago, ratdog said:

but I'm far from growing at a gpw so are you making that conclusion on achieving the legendary gpw?

I am rats, 172g with the light set at 140w my first grow with these, that was sexbud so not a massive yielder....these lights are fecking mad mate, mad I tell thee!!

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I am rats, 172g with the light set at 140w my first grow with these, that was sexbud so not a massive yielder....these lights are fecking mad mate, mad I tell thee!!

:rofl::rofl:

172g...impressive. :yep:  Off topic but what’s your view of that sex bud? Got a couple thinking of popping next run.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tokenroll said:

The led panels lol no weight at all, the drivers are heavy but you stuff them on the walls.

Well no more replies from me im gonna be a good boy..

sorry my bad,when he said he is going to be growing in the tent + filter i thought it puts quite a bit of strain onto the construction of the tent,some old one might be a bit rusty here and there...just wanted to give heads up on that

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lean Bear said:

view of that sex bud?

I've just started another couple today, really nice vape, needs a decent cure before it's at it's best, easy grow, I mainlined the last one which gave the 172g

Definitely recommended, have a look at Vincerocknroll he loves it....

• Like 4

Alright there @GreenVision

Nice to see you back about :skin_up:

Qb’s are great, I have been achieving roughly 1.3 gpw over the last few grows, tho that has been with the Nicha 324 Qb’s Which I don’t believe run any more efficiently than the 304’ a bit less of anything.

I have compleated a fair few grows with a variety of Qb’s and I would say I am not the best grower, hobby level at best but the bud is always outstanding, imo.

Take it easy Jj:yinyang:

• Like 3

@GreenVision

I've produced buds that look like some of LED grows under sodium. Like you, my main reason to switch is the electric saved and I pull 2kw(ish) with everything running and I feel the cost, you are doing that in just lights so it must be hurting!

The main selling point I can see is heat in summer and electric cost at the wall if you go like for like PAR output. Shorter stacking nodes is good for tent growers/low space but if you have the height that is not an issue, if anything I like a little bit of stretch to keep airflow nice down there.

If I switch to LED, I still want that early bit of stretch then shove the LED down them to tighten up the node spacing after late veg/1st week of flower.

From what i've seen on here, no one has tried this that i've found. I want to stretch them out then stamp down the node spacing in flower.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/04/2019 at 7:00 PM, doobie01 said:

from what i have seen on here m8 with peoples diarys if i had the cash available for them or samsung strips my hps setup would be going in the bin

im a convert since i got a hlg65 from diyleduk for veg and was well impressed what 65w can do :)

I've got a hlg 65 on the way on Monday. Would this do for 3 plants? It's just to get them vegging better before they go back outside once the weather improves. Thanks 

@Arshlay i use mine exactly for that purpose mate i have a small prop tent 90x90x60 and it sits at top of tent starting my seeds for the first few weeks untill the roots are established enough to go in the proper sized containers etc or get too close to the hlg 65w in  the 90cm tall tent .

have bit the bullet and ordered a full set of quantum boards for the larger tent so i am putting my money where my mouth is so to speak i am not the best grower by far but the 65w panel convinced me enough to think about upgrading from hps