Rhizo drip and drain auto feed advice and pot size

Personaluser

Hi all iv got a rhizo 8 pot drip and drain used it on 1 grow so far now on my next with it. Growing in coco Last grow I just fed them once every other day in veg and once a day in flower using rhizo 16L smart pots. 

So I'm wondering on this grow will I benifit feeding them 3 or 4x a day? I have ready about doing this rather then 3 min feed in the morning spread it out to 3 x 1min so I get 20% run off a day not every feed? 

And about pot size isit best to go smaller pots with more feeds? Some same bigger pots some say smaller pot for hydro experince. Thoughts? 

Any advice on this would be great thanks. 

Edited by Personaluser
  • Like 2

in thinking of getting the same system, but just the rhizo drain, I have topspin manifold drippers.

did you get the smaller trays?

got any pics?

could you take some pics of the inside of the brain?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, floppy said:

in thinking of getting the same system, but just the rhizo drain, I have topspin manifold drippers.

got any pics?

Ye bud I will grab ya some pics when I'm back. I got the standard size 

7 hours ago, floppy said:

got any pics?

large.IMG_20190405_235422-383x511.jpglarge.IMG_20190405_235413-383x511.jpglarge.IMG_20190405_235044-510x383.jpg

Here ya go bud here is the system and a bump for my thread :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Personaluser said:

large.IMG_20190405_235422-383x511.jpglarge.IMG_20190405_235413-383x511.jpglarge.IMG_20190405_235044-510x383.jpg

Here ya go bud here is the system and a bump for my thread :)

Bump! 

I can't be the only person on ere with a drip system lol? 

• Like 1

Is the Rhizo drip and drain system loud when it is running? I was looking at this system but was worried it would be too noisy and more costly to run than the auto pot system plus wasted run off feed so I went for gravity fed auto pots but would be interested to get your review on the rhizo drip and drain especially noise levels when pumps are active :yep:

• Like 1

Just now, Woodie2010 said:

Is the Rhizo drip and drain system loud when it is running? I was looking at this system but was worried it would be too noisy and more costly to run than the auto pot system plus wasted run off feed so I went for gravity fed auto pots but would be interested to get your review on the rhizo drip and drain especially noise levels when pumps are active :yep:

I'd like to try the auto pots what's quality like of the bud with them? Iv seen people using it with coco so may have to try that in the near future. 

System is good I requested a bigger res as the res come with is only 100ltr and got the 225ltr. And requested bits for 2 drippers a pot rather then 1.

Feeding 4 mins a day is about 4lts a pot so 32ltrs a day. I could prob so abit less but like to see a good 8 to 10ltr run off a day. I ain't tryed it with less run off yet worried it won't be enough and get salt build up lol but you can time the feeds like rather then 4 mins think I may do that in interviels so 4 x 1mins through out the day giving same run off. 

As for the noise it's really good the run off bin you can't even hear it the drippers mate abit of a noise when switching on but nothing to be to concerned about. 

yeah I done abit of research on the rhizo and its a very nice system, I think I might get it one day especially if the noise isn't bad and I do like the control u get over the feed schedule aswell as being able to check the amount and ec/ph of the run off. I think quality of bud is down to the grower more than the system but with the autopots I have had some good and bad grows, you always have to keep it on a light feed and feed from the top every so often to read the ec/ph that's pushed out but I don't lose any nutrients on run off and no electricity for pumps due to gravity feed but if ya overfeed at all, its a nightmare especially when the plants are big. I also only have a 100ltr tank to cover an 8 pot system but there is very little waste so lasts long enough for me. At least I can see the rhizo system in action through you :yep: best of luck:bong:

• Like 2

hmm, you confirmed my thoughts about the brain.

it's a £12 float valve, I have ordered one, so I might make my own, I just unsure how to wire it? as ill make a smaller bucket.

large.Screenshot_20190406-202035_eBay.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190406-202052_eBay.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190406-202111_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, floppy said:

hmm, you confirmed my thoughts about the brain.

it's a £12 float valve, I have ordered one, so I might make my own, I just unsure how to wire it? as ill make a smaller bucket.

large.Screenshot_20190406-202035_eBay.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190406-202052_eBay.jpglarge.Screenshot_20190406-202111_eBay.jpg

Yea you prob just need a sump for the water to go to with the pump in with a 12v plug

I'll post & ask for help in the diy section when it arrives, I don't want to disturb your thread fella.

your plants are looking lush from what I can see, are you using straight coco?

what nutrients are you using?

I'll post & ask for help in the diy section when it arrives, I don't want to disturb your thread fella.

12 hours ago, floppy said:

Il help we're I can buddy I don't mind I know a little bit about what ud need. 

Screwfix do the fittings to connect toya pots to then connect a hose what then go to ta sump with the float valve. Don't remember fitting names they come as elbows to. 

Normal builders buckets from screwfix 1pound each will hold any pots up to 30cm ish cut the buckets down to use as trays and drill the hole in the bottom side of buckets for the fittings from screwfix to fix on to. Hope this helps. 

Reguarding nutes I'm using growers ark first time using. 

Was using ferro nutes before these. 

Yes straight coco mate iv seen many people say use just coco more room for roots. 

Edited by Personaluser

So atm I'm watering for 3 mins lights on should I spear this out in coco so 3x1min feeds a day rather then in 1 go? 

18 hours ago, Personaluser said:

So atm I'm watering for 3 mins lights on should I spear this out in coco so 3x1min feeds a day rather then in 1 go? 

when you feed for the 3 mins is it at lights on?  no other feeds?

do you get much run off?

• Like 1