Quick update before our weekend away. 

All looking good  :yep:

large.20190503_202540.jpg

Looking really good buddy :)

Hope you enjoyed your weekend break ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

So, planned on getting these in the ground yesterday afternoon but due to the wife being a typical wife i didnt get out till gone 7pm and it got dark whilst turning the plot over as it took so long cos of the grass that grew all over the plot

large.20190507_190454.jpg

large.result.jpg

Also, as i was rushing to get out the house, i forgot the last 6 clear cups with copper tape  :wallbash:  so 6 are at risk from slugs and it rained whilst there and all night and today as well.

I put plenty of slug pellets down, in the plot , around the plot and in the bushess surrounding the plot so hopefully they will be ok

large.20190507_231154.jpg

Also put some to close as it was dark  :wallbash:

Nice one Jack....

Worst thing about slug pellets...they actually attract slugs

best defence we had was the 9 volt copper tape...nothing made it past. expensive and a lot of hassle, but worth it

be lucky mate

• Like 3

Just now, Andromedian said:

slug pellets

I was gutted i forgot the extra cups. Was prepping them before i left the house too.

I put loads down in all the under growth around the plot as well so hopefully that will stop them getting near the plot.

Should get a visit in soon to check and place the missing cups over the rest.

Its sunny and dry for a week or two says the weather man so fingers crossed it is , so less slugs and snails around.

Just now, Jack010 said:

I was gutted i forgot the extra cups. Was prepping them before i left the house too.

I put loads down in all the under growth around the plot as well so hopefully that will stop them getting near the plot.

Should get a visit in soon to check and place the missing cups over the rest.

Its sunny and dry for a week or two says the weather man so fingers crossed it is , so less slugs and snails around.

We have always thought, copper tape on its own, ain't that good...

Being in towers has made a massive difference too....wether they cannot be bothered climbing all the way up there or not....dunno

this year, we stopped using liners, which helps too, cos the loose dirt sticks out the holes on the cage....when slugs try to climb, they just fall off with the loose dirt ha ha

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Andromedian said:

best defence we had was the 9 volt copper tape...nothing made it past.

Now I'm going to have to look that up ;)

Sounds just what I need for my garden as I can't use slug pellets due to me having a dog that's just stupid and eats anything he sees :)

On 08/05/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jack010 said:

So, planned on getting these in the ground yesterday afternoon but due to the wife being a typical wife i didnt get out till gone 7pm

Atleast you managed to get them out buddy ;)

Keep the wife happy first then focus on the other ladies in your life :bong:

Fingers crossed they survived the slugs :yep:

Thanks for the weekly update buddy  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

My Mrs laugh's at me buying those 50p tubs all the time she won't now! lol

23 hours ago, Andromedian said:

large.gallery_79664_13023_103078.jpg

That's how we roll!!!

• Like 8

On 13/05/2019 at 10:04 PM, Andromedian said:

large.gallery_79664_13023_103078.jpg

That's how we roll!!!

That's electrifying lol

Very creative  :yep:

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to see the pic updates of the plots.  Are paper cups like old McDonalds coffee ones ok or does it have to be plastic.    ?  Daft question but I'm curious as I'm planning on making some too

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Happyeccentric said:

Can't wait to see the pic updates of the plots.  Are paper cups like old McDonalds coffee ones ok or does it have to be plastic.    ?  Daft question but I'm curious as I'm planning on making some too

Use plastic as paper will just fall a part.

think they are £1 for 20 of them from home bargains or B&M

The best place for the copper tape is Ebay, can get 50 meter rolls on there if your doing loads of plants. It works out much cheaper than buying the 2m or 4m packs you get in the shops 

Went to visit and put some ferts down

Wasn’t a very nice sight.

The plants are all a foot or less and flowering 

Pity really, I was hoping for good things with these as they are in the plot where my GP fv where last year which gave great results 

The soil was really dry looking but we have had just as many rainy days as sunny but I have no mulch down as it was dark on plant out and I was rushing to get the plants in the ground 

large.FEAF08DB-49D8-4B23-886F-4B423BDAFF0C.jpeglarge.FBD93CAD-BF5F-4CEB-B642-4423E50EBACC.jpeglarge.B3E0F125-E1BD-404B-BD1E-E90228CD5729.jpeglarge.9102A307-2D9D-4CDF-9AE3-23690BB3ABF1.jpeglarge.9A5C94D7-0BED-490C-B50C-F8EA2EA3F849.jpeglarge.A3D8798C-DF52-4605-9D04-EC8FA7591252.jpeglarge.6A7D6F97-63DA-4DC5-B9BB-2D4978A71BCF.jpeglarge.208B62AF-0588-44E0-B129-AF6D929A5215.jpeg

Hope they treble in size before they stop growing