Best nutes for outdoors guerilla growing

budman320

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Rabbits always burrow an airy soft earth mate so at least you know it will be good for the plants with some added amendments if necessary. Rehome a ferrit in the rabbit earth and it will keep you rabbit free too. 

Unless its a sand mountain :(

One of my plots is watership down but the ground is pure sand so despite many a rabbit hole the ganja doesnt grow best in the sand :(

Ive used pots there though,  stops rabbits getting at roots,  just need tobe extra vigilant caging as them rabbit fuckers love a nice fresh bit of ganja!!

• Like 2

On 03/03/2019 at 0:54 PM, budman320 said:

This is my issue mate I'll upload a pic of ground that I'm working on or with! It's blatant rabbit ground so I have concerns for this... And the soil is literally crawling with these red ants... don't think it will be wise to use it at all plus the ground is gunna be minced anyway because of the rabbit holes. This means alot of leg work supplying 43 plants worth of compost before mid may on foot "/ now I'm struggling to see how I upload images to this! 

Rabbits always burrow an airy soft earth mate so at least you know it will be good for the plants with some added amendments if necessary. Rehome a ferrit in the rabbit earth and it will keep you rabbit free too. 

dont know what happened there... @mr_git true that.. sand needs a fair bit of work.. I normally do a bit of ferreting before the season keep them at bay 

• Like 2

Just now, Downsouth said:

Thanks for the input pal... I'm growing above ground in pots to save any rabbit near future hassle! I did dig some up an the ground tbh looks lovely looks really rich but covered in red ants mate! "/ 

14 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

The main difference would be that liquid ferts are a ball ache..  Easier to stick out a few more plants with dry ferts to make up the extra yield imo...  

Plot dependant, but more frequently at the beginning when plants are smaller and more effected by surrounding vegetation and are vulnerable to slug and snail attack etc...  So at least once every two weeks for the initial stages to cut/kick back competing weeds and re-apply slug pellets. After that its about playing it by ear. 

Fair play man but I kind of take your first answer as liquids are better but tbh I expected that as more effort is going toward the plant imo.. thanks man I'll keep the visits to a discreet low with my new found info! I was going in guns blazing haha

13 minutes ago, mr_git said:

In guerilla situations when plants are in the ground liquid ferts will not perform optimally as they will quickly soak away or get washed away.  Dryferts stay in situ releasing nutrients over a longer period rather than a quick boost then gone.

If you are in a position to feed regularly then liquid ferts are fine if you prefer.

Its hard to do a side by side comparison,  mainly as they are suited for different circumstances.

Decides to do in pots above the rabbit ground with fencing pal should work well fingers crossed!

8 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

The ground looked ace was just a shame its the rabbits livelihoods so I'll leave em to it.. hey ho I might even pop down with a bag of carrots for them now an then!!

6 minutes ago, MacGanja said:

Q4 worked well for me.... :yep:

Not heard of this mate will have a mooch! Nice one champion 

Just now, Downsouth said:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Also this made me howl as my mates stepdad is mad on ferriting he has a few ferrets he keeps and goes rabbiting with them sometimes! The champions league final last year they went away and I looked over there house and watched the match.. when they came back he rings me an says one of the ferrets has gone mate what's happened and I'm like God knows mate I honestly have no idea at this point in feeling awful for something I hadn't done... later that evening I get a message.. . found the ferret mate it escaped into the ferret food bag hahaha funny little side story for you there shame liverpool lost tho :( lat 53 an all that palava

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

dont know what happened there... @mr_git true that.. sand needs a fair bit of work.. I normally do a bit of ferreting before the season keep them at bay 

Fair call man can see why

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think I replied to you several times there mate haha sorry only just getting the hang of this

Haha yeah they have a tendency to want to be free, when they get hold of a rabbit down the hole you could be sitting there all day waiting for it to surface... anyway back on topic, sounds like you have your plan set out nearly, best of luck! You should still experiment with one or two in the ground and see how they go, you will know exactly what works best for you then.

personaly all of the monsters I have seen have been in the ground, or bottoms cut of the pots. If we get another heatwave you

will have your watering work cut out in pots that’s for sure! All the best mate.. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Haha yeah they have a tendency to want to be free, when they get hold of a rabbit down the hole you could be sitting there all day waiting for it to surface... anyway back on topic, sounds like you have your plan set out nearly, best of luck! You should still experiment with one or two in the ground and see how they go, you will know exactly what works best for you then.

personaly all of the monsters I have seen have been in the ground, or bottoms cut of the pots. If we get another heatwave you

will have your watering work cut out in pots that’s for sure! All the best mate.. 

They certainly do mate shit me pants when I first heard.. he doesn't know this yet but we had a bender in his house that night so when he said the ferret had gone missing I thought sheet wtf happened last night bro hahaha... I feel I've got a strong idea towards everything just need some more advice on whether I should use this rabbit soil... maybe dig it up and repot? It's gunna be about 25 unnecessary trips with me carrying compost otherwise "/ don't fancy planting straight into ground either because have them pesky wabbits nibbling at my roots even if that could be the answer to monstrous plants.. still got 2 month yet to decide but enjoying the input so far guys appreciate it pals.. budman

• Like 1

Dig holes fill sides and bottom with rock/ stone and stamp into to the rocks/stones to reinforce the ground then fill rock/stone with growing medium 

Just now, B-real said:

Dig holes fill sides and bottom with rock/ stone and stamp into to the rocks/stones to reinforce the ground then fill rock/stone with growing medium 

Could be a shout that son... will that prevent the rabbits coming through to chew the roots... is this something you have personally done before mate? Nice one budman

Well I personally have not done it but its a suggestion .I would if I was worried there could be rabbits burrowing under. I bet it would work tho!! 

At least the root ball would have enough space with a stone wall around it under the soil to grow and the rest of root theoretically speaking would grow through rocks .

Monsters are overated m8, novelty if out ells, loads ov husbandry involved, strapping and securing, a ball ache. Go with your gut on pots for plots, aim for quick easy manageable  7 footers, min 20ltr rootball, one or 2 off to the side in ground as testers for next season, using unknown rocks could leach acids, alkaloids and other nasties.. to air on caution. 

• Like 3

On 03/03/2019 at 0:44 PM, Amarillo slim said:

add chicken manure pellets

Bought 7kg of Wilco's poultry manure pellets for a fiver. 

The soil om the plot is very poor.  Practically nothing other than bracken will grow there. Not even any worms in it so it needs plenty of amelioration.

large.5c7fae547f2ee_deadsoil.jpg

My question is how much of those poultry pellets can I use? 

I know too much can kill a plant.  Am growing only autos this year so the holes I've dug are not huge - bucket sized or so.

large.5c673f9c02965_ahole.jpg

I'm guessing 3 or 4 handfulls per hole but I've no idea really.

21 hours ago, SlimPikins said:

Monsters are overated m8, novelty if out ells, loads ov husbandry involved, strapping and securing, a ball ache. Go with your gut on pots for plots, aim for quick easy manageable  7 footers, min 20ltr rootball, one or 2 off to the side in ground as testers for next season, using unknown rocks could leach acids, alkaloids and other nasties.. to air on caution. 

Yeah I think I'm gunna go with these 13.5l hadopots I found on Amazon can get 50 pots for like 18 quid... still got to handball shed load of compost yet which I am never going to look forward to what a frickin chore! Times like these I wish I had my licence :(

so the plan is 33 autos in these 13.5l pots out mid may in cloches before hand with green veil dropped over the cloche for coolness... feed em on canna start as babas with water at 6.2 throughout... then use fish mix with (maybe some chicken pellet water?) as I heard the pellets dissolve in water? Bring in touch of cal mag and rhizo for good measure then finish with some sulphate of potash by Westland for flower with some advanced nutrients overdrive nearing the finish. I also have 10 Dutch passion forest dream if anyone has any useful information for me regarding this strain? Made for Dutch outdoors should fare well hopefully... may do them in bigger pots over 25l I'm thinking? 

What do you reckon gang? Budman