Best nutes for outdoors guerilla growing

budman320

Hi just a quick on just seeing what the rest of you all use in your feeds? I'm currently being sucked toward using advanced nutrients but they are fairly pricey but I'm not afraid of that but would welcome suggestions just as good as these nutrients on a cheaper level? Thanks guys budman320

If your growing in the ground most people go organic and add chicken manure pellets, fish blood and bone, with some extra K during flowering via sulphate of potash / potassium sulphate or woodash...  If your not fussed about organics then osmocote works well.  

• Like 4

This is my issue mate I'll upload a pic of ground that I'm working on or with! It's blatant rabbit ground so I have concerns for this... And the soil is literally crawling with these red ants... don't think it will be wise to use it at all plus the ground is gunna be minced anyway because of the rabbit holes. This means alot of leg work supplying 43 plants worth of compost before mid may on foot "/ now I'm struggling to see how I upload images to this! 

3 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

Best to go with dry ferts mixed in. Just leave the rest to the rain.

Thanks man... do you mean let nature take care of them and hardly visit the plot at all? I kind of believe that to be the safe option but I'm very caring for my plants and couldn't not see me tending to them if you get me!

19 minutes ago, budman320 said:

Thanks man... do you mean let nature take care of them and hardly visit the plot at all? I kind of believe that to be the safe option but I'm very caring for my plants and couldn't not see me tending to them if you get me!

If you are able to visit your plot daily, theres no reason you cant use liquid ferts.. but you are causing yourself grief mate. 

Fix the local soil.. amend it.. listen to Slim. 

And get some ant powder :yinyang:

Edited by Mr_cocofibrelover
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, budman320 said:

If its a safe private plot visit as much as you like,  but if its guerilla u are best visiting as little as possible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, budman320 said:

Yes mate, unless there's a drought or there's been some heavy wind then you'll need to really see to them. It's mainly to stop any trails becoming visible to your plot or being seen in the act why less plot visits are better. One of the biggest reasons dry ferts are used is so you can let them be, liquid feeds require regular tending to. I know it can be hard to begin with to go a while without seeing them but you'll soon stop worrying about them and let them be.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Conspiranought said:

Yes mate, unless there's a drought or there's been some heavy wind then you'll need to really see to them. It's mainly to stop any trails becoming visible to your plot or being seen in the act why less plot visits are better. One of the biggest reasons dry ferts are used is so you can let them be, liquid feeds require regular tending to. I know it can be hard to begin with to go a while without seeing them but you'll soon stop worrying about them and let them be.

Thanks for your input pal appreciate it! I may revert to dry ferts then pal... can you give me any examples of some I may find useful or even ones you have used in the past with decent results? I'll take your word for it man, we will see what happens... how many times avg in a month would you visit your plots? Thanks budman!

Just wondering is there a big difference between liquid ferts and dry ferts? Has anyone done a test to see this? Could be idea

Edited by budman320
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, budman320 said:

Just wondering is there a big difference between liquid ferts and dry ferts? Has anyone done a test to see this? Could be idea

The main difference would be that liquid ferts are a ball ache..  Easier to stick out a few more plants with dry ferts to make up the extra yield imo...  

6 hours ago, budman320 said:

how many times avg in a month would you visit your plots?

Plot dependant, but more frequently at the beginning when plants are smaller and more effected by surrounding vegetation and are vulnerable to slug and snail attack etc...  So at least once every two weeks for the initial stages to cut/kick back competing weeds and re-apply slug pellets. After that its about playing it by ear. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, budman320 said:

In guerilla situations when plants are in the ground liquid ferts will not perform optimally as they will quickly soak away or get washed away.  Dryferts stay in situ releasing nutrients over a longer period rather than a quick boost then gone.

If you are in a position to feed regularly then liquid ferts are fine if you prefer.

Its hard to do a side by side comparison,  mainly as they are suited for different circumstances.

• Like 1

On 03/03/2019 at 0:54 PM, budman320 said:

This is my issue mate I'll upload a pic of ground that I'm working on or with! It's blatant rabbit ground so I have concerns for this... And the soil is literally crawling with these red ants... don't think it will be wise to use it at all plus the ground is gunna be minced anyway because of the rabbit holes. This means alot of leg work supplying 43 plants worth of compost before mid may on foot "/ now I'm struggling to see how I upload images to this! 

Rabbits always burrow an airy soft earth mate so at least you know it will be good for the plants with some added amendments if necessary. Rehome a ferrit in the rabbit earth and it will keep you rabbit free too. 

• Like 2