My First Pics - Dinafem Blue Amnesia XXL Auto

Swanner

So I was feeling bad because Mark so kindly gave me some seeds last year when I was having trouble getting them to pop and I never posted the results. 

Unfortunately my issues went from bad to worse and when I did finally manage to complete a harvest it was mediocre.

So apologies Mark but that's why I didn't post a diary. 

Anyway, I went back to the drawing board last month and completely redesigned my room for this grow. 

I got rid of my 2 X DS 60's and bought a DS 120.

I got rid of my 2 450W Vipar Spectra's and bought a 600W HPS

I also have 4 35W Red LED's which I bought to supplement the Vipar's and 3 X 125W CFL Flowering Bulbs in the arsenal.

I have 5 inch extraction to a vent in the attic and passive intake also from the attic. 

I also bought a 4 Autopots system as the manual drain to waste was a pain in the hoop. I can believe how easy the autopots are in comparison.

I also bought a heated, self watering propagator so hopefully that will resolve my issues popping beans next time round as I need 3/4 good plants all at the same stage for the autopots. 

And finally I bought a cheap light meter which may not be all that accurate but it's a lot better then doing it blind. 

Anyway, I thought i'd better post a pic. I started these at Christmas or before.. 

The plant on the left took off first and is about 2 weeks ahead of the other 2. It has started flowering. I also had a Critical Auto +2 but it was too far behind the others and was sacrificed to make space. 

On my last grow the critical auto +2 was the only one worth keeping and so I can't wait to grow it again. Beautiful buds and a beautiful vape. I'll do it justice next time. 

I went with SCROG on this more out of necessity then anything else cause I started to panic during the stretch but all's well that ends well and somehow i've been left with a large canopy, littered with bud sites and it's all getting a good even 65k to 80k Lux according to my dodgy meter. 

I have an enforcer reflector on order (from reading about it on here) and i'm excited to see the results from the HPS already. 

I've stuck the 125W CFL's on either side for good measure..

Thanks again to Dinafem Mark for your help last year.

Much appreciated.. 

large.Garden.pnglarge.Garden1.png 

• Like 4

@Swanner :yep:

We all have issues from time to time my friend. This is the nature of the growing game. The key is to get back up and try again ;)

I see you have done this and from what I can see things look good :yep:

Please keep updating mate as we would love to watch this grow finish ;)

Good luck with the grow my friend. I'll be watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

Thanks Mark will do..

I installed the adjust a wings enforcer this evening and the difference in heat is amazing. I’m a bit disappointed that it didn’t come with a spreader but I’ll go get one separately so all good.

Thing is the tent is 1.2m wide, the canopy is a meter and I’m struggling to get full coverage with the 600W. Everything I read tells me it should be enough but my cheapass light sensor tells me different. Now with the enforcer attached the light levels seem to have evened out but they’ve also dropped across the canopy if that makes sense. Like getting 50k Lux in the centre. I assume that means I can drop it down lower but then I lose even more coverage so it seems a bit catch 22.

So has anyone used one of these and is this normal ? Can I make use of the heat gain and get a 250w or something to supplement it ? Am I over thinking it ? I have the CFL’s but they get in the way, so does the spectra.

If anyone can give me a steer I’d appreciate it. 

Buds are coming on sweet now. I’m doing a week of PK and then stick with A, B and boost. Really love the way this plant is shaping up. It’s defiantly my best grow so far. Here’s hoping.. 

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 11:10 PM, Swanner said:

Can I make use of the heat gain and get a 250w or something to supplement it ?

If you have the room and can keep heat under control then I would definitely ad the extra 250w mate :yep:

As you said it's a bit of a catch 22. You can now drop your reflector down maybe 2-4 inches but each drop me and less coverage over the full canopy.

Another light would be very beneficial imo ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Been changing everything around again. I suppose it takes a while to find the right setup.

I bought another adjustawing reflector and a 600W dimmable ballast that i can run at 250W..

Needed to make room up top for the second reflector so i dropped the filter down the bottom of the tent and the passive intake, fed from the attic, feeds onto a fan which blows the cool air across the canopy. 

I reckon the space above the reflectors won't matter and it's pretty cool anyway so i'll focus the cool air below them. 

At least that's the plan anyway..

Here's the intake from the attic, the extraction to the attic and the third one is intake for a D60 i use for seedlings and drying. 

large_Pic1.jpg

Here's the intake feeding onto the fan which blows across the canopy.

large.Garden3.png

I've moved the filter down to the floor on the opposite side so it should draw the cool air down across the canopy. 

large.Garden4.png

I've thinned out the canopy and moved them to the centre to get the best from the light i have..

The next grow will have 2 lights so I should be doing a lot less trimming around the edges. 

large.Garden2.png

The buds are really starting to form now. Trichomes are appearing and it's starting to smell good.

I really hope they've stopped stretching because i've been caught out a bit by the height.. 

Still very much a rookie and learning as i go..

large_Pic4.jpg

Cheers.

• Like 3

@Swanner:yep: nice work on the grow room improvements and added light this is going to be a big benefit  :yep:

Some very nice flowers forming and you can see that trichome production has started and looks great ;)

Keep the updates coming mate  :)

Looking good from here  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks Mark..

I've got the reflector but still waiting on the light so 3 ladies have now become 2 as I don't have the space for 3 XXL's under one light.

I've noticed some burning on the lower leaves of the 2 I have left.

Does this look like lockout to you ? 

large.Leaves.png

I'm thinking it probably is as both plants are affected.

I filled the reservoir a couple of days ago and might have got something wrong with the nutrients..

Anyway, i've flushed 15 litres of PH balanced water through each pot and weakened the mix in the reservoir right down with another 20 litres.

I'll babysit them for the next few days and make sure it doesn't get any worse. 

If you think it could be something else i'd really appreciate any pointers..

Cheers.

• Like 1

The 2 ladies are looking none the worse this morning so I’m hopeful the problem is sorted..

Had more urgent problems since though.. 

I was woken by my better half at 4am this morning to say there was water coming through the ceiling downstairs and the light socket was buzzing..

Looks like I didn’t secure one of the valves on the autopots after flushing them and it over flowed..

Only last weekend I removed the 2 60x60 trays from my old tents, chopped and end off each and stuck them together with a remaining piece of tray and some duct tape.. :wallbash:

Lesson learned, I’m off out to buy a 60 X 120 tray this morning..

We we live we learn, seems I’m determined to learn the hard way :-)

Edited by Swanner
  • Like 2

Apologies in advance for my inane ramblings on here..

If I’m posting in the wrong place, please feel free to move it..

I’ve been growing for about a year now with limited success and I haven’t told a sinner bar my family so I’ve been figuring it out alone and getting crap results. That’s why I decided to change everything, and with a little bit of negotiation for more wardrobe space, was able to put in a bigger tent which allowed me move to HPS. Throw in autopots and coco coir and Dinafem seeds and we’re all good. I’m determined to get decent vape able flowers this time and for that I really need the help of experienced growers. 

Anyway, just had a doh moment and realised my adjust a wing enforcer is wider then it is longer so I’ve just turned it sideways and it’s now covering the canopy beautifully.

Everyday’s a school day.

The ladies are still looking fine and dandy in all their finery and I’m pretty sure they’ve not got any worse since the flush so all good so far..

Fingers crossed.. 

• Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 6:51 PM, Swanner said:

Does this look like lockout to you ? 

It does look like a touch of nutrient burn which has turned into lock out  :)

You've done the right thing by starting to flush. Give them 5-7 day's of plane water. Measure your run-off to see what the ec/ppm reading is and ph value also :yep:

On 30/01/2019 at 10:03 AM, Swanner said:

Had more urgent problems since though.. 

I was woken by my better half at 4am this morning to say there was water coming through the ceiling downstairs and the light socket was buzzing..

Looks like I didn’t secure one of the valves on the autopots after flushing them and it over flowed..

Oopps, you got very luck my friend. Glad your wife woke you and not the local fire brigade. Best to get those trays in mate :yep:

On 30/01/2019 at 5:03 PM, Swanner said:

If I’m posting in the wrong place, please feel free to move it..

Your fine posting here mate :yep:

On 30/01/2019 at 5:03 PM, Swanner said:

Anyway, just had a doh moment and realised my adjust a wing enforcer is wider then it is longer so I’ve just turned it sideways and it’s now covering the canopy beautifully.

Everyday’s a school day.

That's one issue sorted :yep:

Even after 30 years of growing I'm still learning :bong:

I'll keep dropping in as you update buddy  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Weighed and jarred the last of the Blue Amnesia xxl today..

194g of dense sticky buds and a couple of jars of lighter stuff as well so over 200g in total which i know isn’t great but I’m happy with it. 

It already tastes great in the vape. It has amazing citrusy aromas like lemon, berry and spices all mixed together and a lovely happy relaxing high.

Great for snoozing..

Small Plant 76g

large.Image-1.jpg

Large Plant 116g

large.BlueAmnesia.jpg

• Like 4

On 23/02/2019 at 9:23 PM, Swanner said:

194g of dense sticky buds and a couple of jars of lighter stuff as well so over 200g in total which i know isn’t great but I’m happy with it. 

I would call that a result buddy :yep:

How much actual light power were you using? and how many plants per light?

A very respectable end yield my friend and some lovely looking flowers  ;)

Enjoy mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

How much actual light power were you using? and how many plants per light?

Cheers Mark.. 

I've been enjoying the fruits of this one all weekend :smokin:

They were started under 2 X 450w Vipar Spectras and flowered under a 600 HPS.

It's the first haul i'm really happy with..

They're back in the small tent drying a bit more as i wasn't happy with the grassy smell.. 

The beautiful sweet bud aroma is still there though so i'm confident a few more days drying and a good cure in the jars will get it back :skin_up:

• Like 1