All I want for xmas is my mrs to get well...

stu914

11 minutes ago, elmer budd said:

95% ethanol is ok

Looks like everyone is on the extraction express heading for pleasuresville mate, can't find anywhere that hasn't sold out,

considered the polish vodka but price is prohibitive. There's a few on here used 99% ISO which is handy for info if I run into trouble (probably will)...

Cheers

:oldtoker:

I use ISO.

Acetone boils at about 58'C, but I wouldn't like to drink any of it would you?

Iso boils at about 78'C,  I drink alcohol and don't mind consuming some if it remained in the end product.

Naptha boils at about 95'c and I wouldn't want to consume any! I would put it in the petrol tank of the car and it would run better and faster. Cleans out the jets in the carbs and will clean up the fuel injectors too.

If you are making RSO get a couple of saucepans on your electric stove, put some water in the big one and the ISO mix in the other and put the little one in the big one. with the water not boiling just warm and teh ISO mix boiling you can guess that it will all evaporate and you will be left with a product that is as pure as you can get it with out investing in some lab equiptment.

You can also be sure that you won't destroy the cannabis at these temps either.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, caringmum said:

Deffinitly a follower with this one from beginning to end :yep:

Hi missis, How's your boy? I hope you've found something that's helping him...welcome to my lunacy...:wacko:...enjoy the ride...default_rofl.gif

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I use ISO.

Hi Hugh, invaluable info there bud many thanks, this is my plan...

I've got a crockpot which is the same set up as a 'dry' bain-marie and should do the same job as the two pans.

The beauty of using this is that I can take it outside, pop it on the table under the brolly and let it do its thing without getting blown to bits...lol

ISO seems to be the easiest to source so I'll be on the hunt boxing day and hopefully get started this week.

I've just cropped a sexbud and already have Glueberry OG and Girl Scout Cookies cured in the jars , certainly enough to be going on with.

I intend to start with 50g bud which should return about 4/5g then suspend that in VG oil to make it easier to dose and handle, will that work?

Postman's just delivered my oven thermometer and 'The Medical Cannabis Guidebook' by Danzig...it's coming together, bit by bit...:yep:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stu914 said:

Looks like everyone is on the extraction express heading for pleasuresville mate, can't find anywhere that hasn't sold out,

considered the polish vodka but price is prohibitive. There's a few on here used 99% ISO which is handy for info if I run into trouble (probably will)...

Cheers

Mate have you got any Polish shops near you (or do you know any Polish people), you might find it cheaper in there, Its a piss take the prices they charge online for high strength spirits

• Like 1

Hi Jim, I'm gonna go the ISO route, plenty on here use it with no problem and as already said I can run to them when/if it all goes fruit shaped...lol

Just waiting for the roasting bags to use for decarb and I hope to pick up ISO boxing day or the day after, then it's all happening bud...:yep:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stu914 said:

Hi Jim, I'm gonna go the ISO route, plenty on here use it with no problem and as already said I can run to them when/if it all goes fruit shaped...lol

Just waiting for the roasting bags to use for decarb and I hope to pick up ISO boxing day or the day after, then it's all happening bud...:yep:

All the best mate going to bugger off for a few days now,Watch your eyebrows with that ISO

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

All the best mate going to bugger off for a few days now,Watch your eyebrows with that ISO

Cheers bud, enjoy the break...:yep:

Hi Stu

I'm ok but still looking for the right seed for sons pain - I'm either going to be lucky or have a long road ahead of me in finding the right flower.

• Like 1

The way Vincenoir described Sexbud, it must be full of terpenes, sounds like it could be very medicinal.

@caringmum For children it maybe better to try tinctures, depends where the pain is I suppose.  If ingestion I would definitely try a high CBD strain first, then if no luck a 1:1 THC/CBD strain, finally trying a higher THC to CBD ratio.

I have read reports that high CBD can relieve pain in some cases, others seem to require at least some THC.

Good luck.  At least you are on the right tracks:hippy:

I`ve been using Nordle from CBD crew for a couple of years now and really rate it, I have been mixing it with oldtimes (about 60/40 oldtimes/nordle)  and it really balances the two strains so I don`t get the fear lol

• Like 5

Thanks @elmer budd

My son is 46 - I'm his carer. He suffers with 24/7 pain, it never stops :( 

When he did try some bud with a high thc he had very bad dreams (really scary) so I've been tending to pick high CBD to cancelled the thc altogether. But now I'm thinking that if I go down the route of high with both at a  1-1 ratio then hopefully there will be enough THC to help with the pain and also be uplifting without him feeling dizzly and spaced out?

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say lol 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

Hi @stu914 sorry to hear about your Mrs mate, I wish you both all the very best of health for the future and i`m sure with you helping her with meds, that she will get the best care and relief that`s possible. :yinyang:

Roasting bags are a great idea for decarbing your green pre wash, but I find just decarbing the oil is easier as it needs heat to evap off the ISO anyway so I just continue with a bit of heat at 220 or so after the ISO has gone.

All the very best to ya bud :cheers:

• Like 1