All I want for xmas is my mrs to get well...

stu914

I have to make a serious effort to provide meds for the mrs in the future so I'm starting now, this is the situation...

She has recently been diagnosed with Progressive MS, (a deterioration from mild MS.)

She also has Osteoarthritis, mostly affecting her hips.

Depression and anxiety caused by these two illnesses.

Walking and general movement has become increasingly difficult over the last few months leading to her becoming almost housebound and extremely pissed off.

There are four things I want to tackle, MS, Osteo, Pain and Depression so am looking for a strain or combo which will help with all of these.

After doing a fair bit of research I'm leaning towards " CBD Critical Mass " from Dinafem, it seems to tick the boxes but I'm wide open to other suggestions.

She does not want to be stoned in any way and this strain made into oil or tincture, correctly dosed, should be ok for that?

I'm pretty confident of being able to make the medicine, the only problem I can see is being able to grow enough to keep her supplied, I'll cross that bridge as and when.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions...:yep:

:oldtoker:

• Like 18

4 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I have to make a serious effort to provide meds for the mrs in the future so I'm starting now, this is the situation...

She has recently been diagnosed with Progressive MS, (a deterioration from mild MS.)

She also has Osteoarthritis, mostly affecting her hips.

Depression and anxiety caused by these two illnesses.

Walking and general movement has become increasingly difficult over the last few months leading to her becoming almost housebound and extremely pissed off.

There are four things I want to tackle, MS, Osteo, Pain and Depression so am looking for a strain or combo which will help with all of these.

After doing a fair bit of research I'm leaning towards " CBD Critical Mass " from Dinafem, it seems to tick the boxes but I'm wide open to other suggestions.

She does not want to be stoned in any way and this strain made into oil or tincture, correctly dosed, should be ok for that?

I'm pretty confident of being able to make the medicine, the only problem I can see is being able to grow enough to keep her supplied, I'll cross that bridge as and when.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions...:yep:

why that strain mate?

Suggestions?  I've not got any,  I'm sorry.

But I honestly never found a better medicinal cannabis than sweet tooth.  It's very good for the mind, soul and body.  Feels wonderful but will make her high.  Sorry.

I may be lacking suggestions but I'm full of positivity,  karma and good wishes.

All of my positive vibes are heading you're way.  

Think a bit bigger than the fridge bud.

I know you can go bigger.  Just don't keep any o.j. in the fridge this time.

;)

Best wishes.

• Like 1

I got not suggestions but just wanted to wish you and your Mrs all the best. Hope you can find a strain that's right for her :)

All the best man.

• Like 7

Just now, Jimboo said:

why that strain mate?

Hi Jim, I like the idea of a balanced thc/cbc both at a low 5%, it seems to address her needs. Bloody confusing as there are so many different strains and opinions out there,

hence this thread to try and get a concensus on the best one(s) for her. Any others mentioned I'll have a look at all the same.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Think a bit bigger than the fridge bud.

Hi bud hope you're well, the house goes on the market boxing day, she's selling due to her having difficulty with stairs and access,

with ms chances are she could end up in a wheelchair and we have to make provision for that, the silver lining (and believe it or not there is one)

I can get a mahoosive shed with a perfect excuse to spend loads of time in it...

We're looking at bungalows or possibly a mobile home, whatever the case we will be out of here by the end of next year latest...

• Like 4

I know nothing.

The way I look at it every plant, every person and every disease is different.  I think the best thing to do is to try a lot of different cannabis.  You are doing right by narrowing down your choices and your reasoning seems sound to me.

Best of luck, it will surely be a fun search:hippy:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Hi Jim, I like the idea of a balanced thc/cbc both at a low 5%, it seems to address her needs. Bloody confusing as there are so many different strains and opinions out there,

hence this thread to try and get a concensus on the best one(s) for her. Any others mentioned I'll have a look at all the same.

That was going to be my next question, how do you know what %CBD was effective for her,     and mate is all that CBD on the market snake oil?   my idea being buy the CBD And grow the THC 

• Like 2

Proper CBD isolate (indeed any cannabinoid isolate) is not snake oil.  You cannot get it 100% pure, fyi.  It comes in white powder or crystal and it just looks dodgy.  It is plant extract though, not synthetic.  I bet it has its uses, and it is completely legal too.

6 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

That was going to be my next question, how do you know what %CBD was effective for her,     and mate is all that CBD on the market snake oil?   my idea being buy the CBD And grow the THC 

you would want to get 95%+ pure CBD isolate and then add tiny amounts to oil, and then use it in tincture or eat it, etc.

I think a balanced THC/CBD plant would be a good start.  If you could get sativex, you could at least get her to try a 1:1 mix, then try to find a 1:1 plant.  They say 1:1, but there obviously are other cannabinoids too.  I think medicinally try to get a bigger range as possible, plus as many terpenes as you can too.

Also I do think sun grown cannot be beaten.  I have some jamaican weed honey, I bet it is very medicinal.

Edited by elmer budd
typos
  • Like 1

What he said ^ the cbd isolate is legal and obtainable.  You can oil it and turn it into caps or choc or whatever.

Best of luck.

@elmer budd sound advice.

Best wishes.

• Like 2

I know you are looking @  1:1 CBD-THC at 5%
but what about  1:1 CBD-THC at higher %

if you were to grow  1:1 CBD-THC at 10%  surely you would only need to grow half as much plant matter for the same number of doses  or the space you have would be twice as productive

have a look at this
Pennywise
Another 1:1 CBD-THC strain, Pennywise is an indica cross from Harlequin and Jack the Ripper, with levels of both cannabinoids ranging from 12% to 15%.

This “dreadful” strain is amazing in battling for a great number of health issues including arthritis, epilepsy and cancer manifestations.

Because of the balanced structure and delicious flavors of coffee and pepper-bubblegum, Pennywise is ideal for daytime sessions.
https://greencamp.com/high-cbd-strains/

https://www.choice-cannabis-seeds.com/tga-subcool-seeds-pennywise/prod_4304.html

this all might sound like bollocks to me when I read it back in the morning but you know I meant well

eta that Pennywise wasn't a recommendation just the first I came across. ,    OG Kush CBD from DINAFEM is   10%/10%  easier to do the Maths with that than the Pennywise
DINAFEM

Edited by Jimboo
  • Like 4

@Jimboo Or indeed double the dose:hippy:

I think the more cannabinoids the better.  You can also get other cannbinoid isolates, only THC isolate would be a problem (and maybe a THCa isolate would be ok too, at least we all hope so somehow for JD's sake)

https://jeffditchfield.wordpress.com/2018/03/13/thc-a-is-legal-in-the-uk/

Edited by elmer budd

sorry to hear about your mrs mate ... mine was diagnosed  with fibromyalga  4 monhs ago ... yesterday she was sent to hospital for  tests for cancer ,  wont get results till new year ,  so im going to  get as many auto seeds as i can afford and get a load of bud  ( well as much as i can )  and make up a load of oil for her  in the spring ...

• Like 4