Desensitised by adverts

Megumin

Why ?

Because of questions I have regarding who actually funds Eliot Higgins and what his motivations are (and, cynic that I am, I'm fairly sure his motivation is political and not simply investigative journalism).

Do I believe they fabricated the documents ? - I don't know one way or the other, but I take the Bellingcat 'evidence' with as large a pinch of salt as I take most other things on the internet (both mainstream media and the less mainstream stuff).

E2A I'm by no means a conspiracy theorist, by the way. But I do believe in the maxim of 'question everything', where I differ from conspiracy theorists is that when I say question everything I mean question EVERYTHING, not just the mainstream media.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Boojum said:

Why ?

Because of questions I have regarding who actually funds Eliot Higgins and what his motivations are (and, cynic that I am, I'm fairly sure his motivation is political and not simply investigative journalism).

Do I believe they fabricated the documents ? - I don't know one way or the other, but I take the Bellingcat 'evidence' with as large a pinch of salt as I take most other things on the internet (both mainstream media and the less mainstream stuff).

That's fair enough, but you could say that about any source of information. Then your into the realms of an almost religious like perception of reality. Choosing who to believe based on your beliefs.  That is the main issue about the campaigns of misinformation that are so prevalent online these days and one of the reasons that they're are so effective. You have to look at the evidence for each individual story that comes out and base it your understanding of events on that. 

There are rich people trying to put a spin on every narrative. But if we as a population don't believe the actual truth then it is so much more easier to pull the wool over our eyes and prevent us from seeing the world for what it actually is, and not through the lenses of some bogus ideology.  

E2A: About question everything, I believe that as well. It is a shit show trying to filter out the spin. Everyone has an angle. We need facts.

Edited by coldroom
Just seen your edit.

Let me just clarify my position on this for ease:

They are all untrustworthy cunts.  Heck, they are probably owned by the same cunts anyway.

Since you mention RT - check out the Kaiser report and Redacted Tonight for truth.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On the other side of the same coin I think adverts sensitise you to certain things..

A case in point would be, cold adverts. I'm 110% certain if somebody could be arsed to do a study there would be a direct correlation between how many adverts for lemsip/Beecham's etc you watch and how often you get colds..

I only clocked this late last year really.  I maybe imagining it but I doubt it.

I dont know about brainwashing, but id love to know what that fella is doing to that block in the "trustatraider" add? lol 

dj.......

3 hours ago, Dodgee said:

On the other side of the same coin I think adverts sensitise you to certain things..

A case in point would be, cold adverts. I'm 110% certain if somebody could be arsed to do a study there would be a direct correlation between how many adverts for lemsip/Beecham's etc you watch and how often you get colds..

I only clocked this late last year really.  I maybe imagining it but I doubt it.

I don`t think you get more colds because of suggestion mate, I think if you have kids or work with lots of people, use the train/bus ect regularly then you`ll get a fair share then.

• Like 3

@*DJ*

I'm intrigued what the fucks going on with this block that's so perturbed you now lol

I can't seem to find it amongst the 7ish ads I found on the tube though!

Ffs mun, I had shit to do today as well.. lol

Just now, ratdog said:

I don`t think you get more colds because of suggestion mate, I think if you have kids or work with lots of people, use the train/bus ect regularly then you`ll get a fair share then.

I reckon suggestion is at play myself mucka..

There's only so many times a day you can hear the questions "blocked nose? , Head ache? Sore throat?".. 

Before you start embracing the idea as it were.

The reason it occurred to me was coz I rarely have colds despite having 2 kids in school, elderly relatives and a constant stream of other people's kids in and out of my house. 

And kids are literally like some kind of biological warfare. The first few weeks of term they bring all sorts home! lol

I've probably jinxed myself now but truth is I'm rarely "ill" I get the usual aches and pains associated with aging but viruses/bugs/infections and stuff seem to pass me by for the most part.

But I don't do alot of TV.  And when I do I never watch adverts.  I only noticed this past year coz I was spending time with my parents who do watch a lot of TV and always seemed to have a cold between them...

On 20/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, coldroom said:

That's fair enough, but you could say that about any source of information. Then your into the realms of an almost religious like perception of reality. Choosing who to believe based on your beliefs.

thats life dude!

you choose to believe who you believe about anything and everything all the time, thats why your position is such.

very little in life is real, its all been put here for you to look at and listen to, you dont see what they dont want you to see, thats why people 'escape'

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

I reckon suggestion is at play myself mucka..

There's only so many times a day you can hear the questions "blocked nose? , Head ache? Sore throat?".. 

If you mean they think they have a cold I could possibly go with that, but you can`t contract something that isn`t there mate. Cold dry air can facilitate things and viruses are more prevalent in the winter but I`m not buying that you can catch a cold by thinking about it.

• Like 2

I used to get ill every couple of months when I worked. The last 3 years I have been ill two or three times including my current cold.

I think it was just a mix of being exposed to lots of people, air conditioning and bring run down.

I can't get out much anymore so am not exposed to as many germs I guess.

My thoughts are people transmit and catch illnesses much more as the season changes from warm to cold. As a result they simply advertise more around this time.

2 hours ago, ratdog said:

If you mean they think they have a cold I could possibly go with that, but you can`t contract something that isn`t there mate. Cold dry air can facilitate things and viruses are more prevalent in the winter but I`m not buying that you can catch a cold by thinking about it.

its how i contracted anal glaucoma ..i thought about it ..and couldnt see my arse doing anything that day ..coat taxi ..im on me way

• Like 4