OGKZ

HSO-Mark

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How did people find this strain yield wise? Doesn't look like too much on each plant compare to the forbidden dream which was vegged for the same amount of time. In fact they are proper missing over the ogkz. I'd rather less of a decent smoke than a lot of something shit mind you. Just wondering if I made a mistake topping them as perhaps it likes to grow a big main cola. Just wondering should I choose to run it again. 

• Like 2

@stummer Two of mine were the best yielding plants I've grown, a touch over 9 zips each. No mistake topping them - I trained mine for 20 leaders. 

Flavour wasn't magnificent on those two tho, the one I kept gave 6.5 oz and tastes incredible after a long cure with notes of blackcurrant and hide glue. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SYZYGY said:

@stummer Two of mine were the best yielding plants I've grown, a touch over 9 zips each. No mistake topping them - I trained mine for 20 leaders. 

Flavour wasn't magnificent on those two tho, the one I kept gave 6.5 oz and tastes incredible after a long cure with notes of blackcurrant and hide glue. 

They don't look terrible, just not anywhere near the size of the others in there. Hopefully they smoke as good as they look. Impressed me so far compare to other fems I've grown back in the day. Will take some photos and say how they turned out. Cheers for the info

• Like 1

i had a few of these as a tester, real skunky stuff, reminded me of psychosis a bit, i has these with sapphire scouts in my tent, both testers and had one of the best yields i had in a while.

i have the sweet seeds version to try now as i couldn't get these again

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 8:49 PM, stummer said:

How did people find this strain yield wise? Doesn't look like too much on each plant compare to the forbidden dream which was vegged for the same amount of time. In fact they are proper missing over the ogkz. I'd rather less of a decent smoke than a lot of something shit mind you. Just wondering if I made a mistake topping them as perhaps it likes to grow a big main cola. Just wondering should I choose to run it again. 

Yield was decent on my thrice topped and scrogged specimen sharing a Scope 275 v2  with two other ladies - 123g (lost a few colas due to budrot, so that's lower than it could have been). I I found it filled out the rest of the branch under the colas later so try and get some light to them. The aromas/flavours on the one I grew out and cured - over-ripe and gassy fruit, mango or something. Effects - devastating! I can't vape it, too strong for me but my wife LOVES it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Yield was decent on my thrice topped and scrogged specimen sharing a Scope 275 v2  with two other ladies - 123g (lost a few colas due to budrot, so that's lower than it could have been). I I found it filled out the rest of the branch under the colas later so try and get some light to them. The aromas/flavours on the one I grew out and cured - over-ripe and gassy fruit, mango or something. Effects - devastating! I can't vape it, too strong for me but my wife LOVES it. 

Cheers, I don't think mine will yield bad just don't look nearly as much as the other strain in there. That said the smell is really nice and hard to describe. Keep touching a lower bud and sniffing my fingers lol . Pretty plants as well, really frosty even the leaves look white. Been ages since I done fems and have to say both strains from hso have impressed me so far. Look and smell better than some the more expensive hyped seeds I've run. Gonna be starting to flush and looking forward to having the jars full.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 9:37 PM, stummer said:

Cheers, I don't think mine will yield bad just don't look nearly as much as the other strain in there. That said the smell is really nice and hard to describe. Keep touching a lower bud and sniffing my fingers lol . Pretty plants as well, really frosty even the leaves look white. Been ages since I done fems and have to say both strains from hso have impressed me so far. Look and smell better than some the more expensive hyped seeds I've run. Gonna be starting to flush and looking forward to having the jars full.

Oh the other thing about this OGKZ, the nugs are REALLY dense, I've never grown out anything like it personally, I was shook :D - fingers crossed that yours surprise you when you weigh up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iShouldCoCo said:

Oh the other thing about this OGKZ, the nugs are REALLY dense, I've never grown out anything like it personally, I was shook :D - fingers crossed that yours surprise you when you weigh up.

Yep sounds like mine. Sure I mentioned it before but read online something about kush breath being a cookie pheno or something. Thought could see the influence but then wondered am I just seeing it after reading that. Not huge colas more small but dense sounds like mine. Covered in frost and smelling really nice. If doing fems think hso is my go to breeder. Will throw some photos up of mine before I take them down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

large._20201117_013932.JPG

Some buds on one of my ogkz. All of them for me grew more a less the same. Fairly frosty looking ladies although the least favourite looking seemed to kick up the best smell when cutting n hanging em earlier. Happy with the two hso strains I run this time round. Couple other pics on the hso best photo topic.

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

I kept one bean in the fridge and flowered it out recently but stupidly didn't keep a mother.

My other half is a bit annoyed about that, especially as you can't get the seeds since 2021. I've tried. A lot.

large.DSC01082-edit.jpg

So if anyone knows where to get some (non-auto, non-fast), please let me know? My wife will be extremely grateful, as would I!

• Like 2

All I can find are autos ;) 

I wonder if it’s worth contacting Geistgrow to see if they have anything in the back of a drawer??

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1