She’s Chemming to get you!

Rick Grimes

Welcome to my third Dinafem section Diary. The star of this grow and show will be 3 Dinachems and co-stars will be an HSO OG Kush Auto, a Dinafem Blue Kush Auto and 3 more Quick Criticals.

Dinachem seems to get great reviews whenever it’s mentioned on here and other forums and is a favourite with a few members of this forum.

large.IMG_7213.JPG

These are the Dinachems^^. They are just over a month old. They started in 1.4 litre pots, then 3 litre pots and now in 6 litres of soil. They were grown to about 7-8 nodes then topped back to the 3rd node and lst began.

large.IMG_7216.JPG

The tops taken from the dinachems were put in the aero cloner under a T5 light 9 days ago and this morning we have roots!

large.IMG_7215.JPG

The HSO OG Kush Auto^^. She’s in an 11 litre pot and has had a couple of light feeds up to now. She was topped once deliberately and twice more on lower branches due to slightly over enthusiastic LST. But the accidental toppings don’t look to have done any harm. I’ve grown the Dinafem Auto OG Kush before and OG Kush CBD but not the HSO version

large.IMG_7214.JPG

the baby of the bunch is the Blue Kush Auto. I’ve grown this before, it’s a solid smoke and can get big. She’ll eventually go up to an 11 litre pot from the 1.4 she’s currently in.

All plants are in the Veg tent at the moment. It’s a 1m^2 tent with a 5” extractor and 400w dual spec HPS on 24/0 to stabilise temperatures. The autos will remain in there, the photoperiods will go in the 1.2m^2 flower tent under a 6/750w Gavita DE when space is freed.

As with previous grows the medium is Canna Terra pro soil, the nutrients are canna terra vega, terra Flores and PM calmag+. Not the most fashionable of Nutes but they’ve simple to use served me well in the past.

As usual all feedback is very welcome as I’m grateful for the tips and help I’ve received in my previous diaries.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 9

Another Dinafem adventure up and running by @Rick Grimes :yep:

Dinachem is a pure "gas" strain as I call them. She comes from the Chem line and has the added "Guava chem" in her back ground. 

I have noticed since "StarDawg" became popular in the UK growers are noticing DinaChem. This is a good thing and I know you'll love the end product  :yep:

A nice selection of genetics in the mix so this should be a fun one to watch  :bong:

Good luck buddy  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well overdue for an update.

The Spider Mites were ravaging this tent and couldn’t be treated because of the flowering Quick Criticals and Green Poisons from my other diary that were in the other tent next to this one. The 3 Quick Criticals that I intended to grow along side these Dinachems were getting destroyed so had to give them to a mate who has treated them and is growing them out. 

The Dinachems were being damaged by the mites but not as bad. They showed signs of bad mite damage but have started recovering since Mite treatment started.

large.IMG_7268.JPG

My Weapons of Mite Destruction. Hot Shots No pest strips, SBPI, Harkers, Fortefog P foggers and the test tube is FloraMite. The idea is to try to hit them from all angles.

The foggers were used 3 days apart in the garage with tent doors open and fans off. 

Harkers has been applied twice three days apart. FloraMite was also in with the first Harkers spray and will be in the final one.

The two no pest strips are being left in each tent for four hours with all extraction off every other day then put back in an air tight box.

large.IMG_7269.JPG

large.IMG_7266.JPGlarge.IMG_7267.JPG

Above are the 3 Dinachems now in 11 litre pots. They’ll get another week or so in veg to recover a bit more then flip.

large.IMG_7264.JPG

The three bigger pots are the clones from the Dinachems which I’m now planning to veg up then eventually go in the flower tent a few weeks after their mothers. The small pot is a clone from one of the Quick criticals I had to give away but I’m not sure what I’m doing with that yet I just liked the look of it’s mother.

Edited by Rick Grimes
  • Like 7

@Rick Grimes Attacking the "Borg" from every angle :yep:

Spidermites can be a real pain to eliminate. You've got a wide range of weapons to attack and from what I've herd Harkers will work very well but not on flowering plants  ;)

My best advice would be. Get this grow completed then try to eliminate this issue permanently. Could you use any beneficial predators to assist? Maybe something such as

"neoseiulus californicus" im not sure on how effective these are and I'm not sure if they can be used in conjunction with other applications your using but worth looking into :yep:

Good luck with the "Borg" war :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 17/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Could you use any beneficial predators to assist? Maybe something such as

"neoseiulus californicus" im not sure on how effective these are and I'm not sure if they can be used in conjunction with other applications your using but worth looking into :yep:

Good luck with the "Borg" war :bong:

I’ve been thinking about predators. From what I’ve read they don’t work in the flower cycle but could be a good preventative in the veg/auto tent. Even If I just used them in veg tent i could at least be sure they were going into flower reasonably mite free.

Its definitely something I’ll carry on researching for after I’m done with the chemical treatments pal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Christmas period is over so time for an update.

large.IMG_7280.JPG

large.IMG_7281.JPG

These are the Dinachems now in the flower tent on their own, they were flipped on Christmas Day. Their clones will go into 11 litre pots in the next day or two then after about 10 days will be joining their mothers in the flower tent.

All together the plants had 3 treatments with harkers, 2 treatments with Floramite, 2 with SBPI, 2 fortefog P foggers and 4-5 treatments with the No pest strips.

The SBPI caused some quite bad burning on the leaves, despite using at half recommended dose, which I wanted them to recover from so flower was delayed further than I planned. But I’m very happy with how they’re looking now.

They are up to 2.5ml of terra vega with 0.25-0.5ml of calmag per litre. I use small amounts of calmag from late veg because my tap water is soft and I find the calmag saves me chasing deficiencies into the flowering period.

I’ll clean up the lower growth then put the trellis support net in over the next few days to spread them out a bit more.

• Like 7

Some nice bushy ladies put into bloom ;)

That undercarriage will need a tidy up over the next 2 weeks as they stretch and they look to have a great structure ready to pack on that weight :bong:

Nice work so far mate. Let's see what you can do in bloom ;)

Back from vacation just in time :)

Happy New year mate and here's to a fantastic 2019 ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

Update pics for the Dinachems.

Day 19 of 12/12

large.IMG_7306.JPGlarge.IMG_7305.JPG

They had a good lollipop just after the last update. I’m really liking the structure of these plants.

large.IMG_7304.JPGlarge.IMG_7303.JPG

I’ve made an effort to defoliate the canopy a bit to expose more bud sites to take advantage of the extra light penetration from the 750w light.

I’ve just put their clones in the flower tent too so they’ll be on the next update.

• Like 6

On 14/01/2019 at 10:46 PM, Rick Grimes said:

They had a good lollipop just after the last update. I’m really liking the structure of these plants.

Beautiful structure my friend  :yep: nice work on the lollypopping to mate. Going to pay of now those flowers are developing  :)

On 14/01/2019 at 10:46 PM, Rick Grimes said:

I’ve made an effort to defoliate the canopy a bit to expose more bud sites to take advantage of the extra light penetration from the 750w light.

That's definitely going to be a big benefit mate and just at the right time. Now that extra energy can get diverted to those beautiful budsites  :yep:

Looking good from here mate :)

Keep the updates coming as those buds stack on that weight  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

large.IMG_7327.JPGlarge.IMG_7326.JPGlarge.IMG_7325.JPGlarge.IMG_7324.JPG

update pics. Day 28 of 12/12 for the mothers, Day 9 for their clones.

They are stacking some buds now and still looking nice and healthy as far as I can see.

I’ve been using Intense Nutrients Wide load flower booster at 1ml/l for about two weeks. It’s expensive stuff so went halves with a friend on a smaller bottle. I’m sceptical of these kind of boosters as many of us are but I’ve read some good reports so thought it worth a try.

The clone plants will get the same lollipopping and defoliation when they’re old enough in a week or so.

• Like 4

On 21/01/2019 at 8:15 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

That's definitely going to be a big benefit mate and just at the right time. Now that extra energy can get diverted to those beautiful budsites  :yep:

I agree pal. I’m hoping the defoliation will  create longer colas that go deeper down into the canopy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jadenugs said:

Looking great dude, nice one. Gonna be a tightly packed tent :yep:

Let’s hope so Brother. 

Thanks for looking in:hippy:

• Like 2

Lovley job looks fantastic @Rick Grimes

I have a very similar set up an I’m having a few issues 

what I think it is , is a cal mag def or a ph problem 

an it’s been such a long time  since I last use this medium an seen to have lost my way 

can I ask 

what do you keep up PH set to in the terra pro plus veg stage ? 

is your water hard or soft ? 

An do you use cal mag ? If so how much an how long for in veg an/or flower 

keep up the fantastic work 

Edited by 80s-LAD
  • Like 1