make fan control stop,instead going to idle speed.

countrock

Hello guys

I have a duct fan with thermostat and speed control,but when the desired temp is reached,it goes at idle(programmed) speed.

Sometimes even this,lowers my temp,and I want to add the option to stop it when i want,but to keep the speed controller.

Below is the operation logic and the fan.

Cheers in advance.

P.s.I know i can add an extra controller,but i believe it can be done other way and keep the controller for the floor fans.

1st tent setup i m doing and with what i 've read here ,i m making a nice envi in the tent and i m not electrician or something.

large.5bfc68f262524_diagramtempcontrol.jpglarge.5bfc69b4eb5c6_gantempcontrol3.jpglarge.5bfc69a172451_Fancontroler_20181030_(2).jpglarge.IMG_20181030_031807.jpglarge.IMG_20181030_031830.jpglarge.IMG_20181030_031834.jpglarge.5bfc69aaccc8c_fancontroler_20181030_.jpg

Isn’t live brown and neutral blue? Don’t know how your rig is setup mate so don’t take my word and wait for someone else to come along.

Edited by Autobud
Don’t want to kill anyone so edited...
  • Like 3

you need to maintain airflow to prevent killing the plants and to keep negative pressure in the tent, so why do you want to be able to stop the fan?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

you need to maintain airflow to prevent killing the plants and to keep negative pressure in the tent, so why do you want to be able to stop the fan?

Because,when i have small plants ,it s sucking all the humidity out fast-even at idle speed-while the temp is fine.My tent temp is 22-30 c,without heating.Sometimes goes 32 c and i want to keep it at 29 C max.

So far, Hum is the problem,is falling faster than temp,if i have the duct fan running.I have a hum controller set to stop at 75%.

I level up the humidifier and move him a bit now,and the hum is raising slowly.If i blow the duct fan, will start to fall.

Another way i thought, is to put the fan in a timer socket and have it running 15m every 2h or so.

Or keep the pc fans for vegging:).

Thanks for your answer bbb.

I m still experimenting and i couldn t manage to keep hum-temp where i want with the duct.

With the pc fans,yet,less m3/h is changing.but temp and hum are fine without heating.

And i have only one plant right now,don t think needs too much airflow,but you gave me food for thinking.

cheers

• Like 1

Mate if you're already the handy type, why not just figure out a way to cut power to it when the conditions are reached. 

If you only doing this when plants are small you should be fine with a few hours of the same air. keeping internal air moving I would think is fine. Unless you have large number of small plants. Or a very tight/sealed space. 1-4 weeks from seed is what I consider small/early veg. 

Edited by Redeyezman
Reread the original post and my other idea is you just gotta have temp control and speed control independent of each other, if possible.
  • Like 1

Just now, Redeyezman said:

Mate if you're already the handy type, why not just figure out a way to cut power to it when the conditions are reached. 

If you only doing this when plants are small you should be fine with a few hours of the same air. keeping internal air moving I would think is fine. Unless you have large number of small plants. Or a very tight/sealed space. 1-4 weeks from seed is what I consider small/early veg. 

" Mate if you're already the handy type, why not just figure out a way to cut power to it when the conditions are reached.  "

I thought about that,but i don t know what will i need.I can solder,read the plans i find here ,but i don t know what parts to use...

When the fan is under the temp is set,it s working at the speed you apply(idle)

.When higher,is running at full speed ,until it drops down again.

I want to make the temp relay ,to stop the power when temp drops down,not going back to idle speed.

But to be able to use the speed controller, when the fan is in use.

Also the speed "button" is the on/off.

Thanks for your reply m8

Edited by countrock

@countrock 

unplug the controller immediately if your using it as you've wired it up wrong !

on your power in cable, the Blue is the Neutral & should be in the N connector, the Brown is the Live which goes in the L connector.

how long have you been using the fan for ?

& how much was it for a new one ? 

just in case this one's fucked.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Joint hogger said:

@countrock 

unplug the controller immediately if your using it as you've wired it up wrong !

on your power in cable, the Blue is the Neutral & should be in the N connector, the Brown is the Live which goes in the L connector.

how long have you been using the fan for ?

& how much was it for a new one ? 

just in case this one's fucked.

I've use for total 2h.I haven t wire anything.This is how i bought it.Was 95e.

And why is working?It shouldn t blow a fuse or something?

Shit you made me worry now.I saw that too,the wires next to the relay,but i thought maybe they changed the color,otherwise it wouldn t start at all.

What do you suggest?What can happen if i keep using it?

Edited by countrock

if you bought that from a shop or online i'd be kicking up fuck with them.

Edited by Joint hogger
  • Like 1

Just now, Joint hogger said:

unplug it & rewire it properly before it melts into a giant heap of melted plastic, seriously !

I will try to give it back,but is working no matter how you plug the wires?Sorry if this is a silly question,

i want to know a few thinks before i go back to the shop.

some fan controllers will work in reverse if theyre wired up wrong, ie you set the controller to low & it runs at full power instead.

seriously stop using it & rewire it, its very easy, just put the Blue wire into the N connector & the Brown wire into the L connector, then plug it back in & see if its working properly.

if it runs ok then you've been lucky that it hasn't fried the electrical circuit board & the components.

• Like 2