Cream mandarin XL

H + H2O

A single CM XL started life on the 5th of october with 5 other strains under a 18w fluro strip light for its first week, in a .5l root pouch. Feed 2ml per l of growers ark grow a & b with et and 3ml root tonic.

They then had a period under a 3k quantum board still in the small pouches to keep them small.

large.IMG_20181005_134802.jpglarge.IMG_20181005_134716.jpgInsert

4 weeks from sprout the photoperiod strains that took an extra week are done and out the cab, so here it is after potting up to the 8l fabric, the Cream mandarin is back middle and about 1 month old by now,  its slowly getting it roots out into the larger pot.

large.IMG_20181101_084439.jpg

Edited by H + H2O
details
  • Like 12

By now they are on 3ml grow per litre, et & 5ml of root tonic. The reason they are in slightly large pots even though they wont root through them completely is due to being on a 24hr light cycle, in small pots they drink far too quickly and the larger pots give me some flexibility to miss a day if I have to.

large.IMG_20181108_100511.jpglarge.IMG_20181110_091450.jpg

Here it is a week further on (last week) starting some LST, in the full picture the Cream Mandarin has moved to the back right.

• Like 12

As you can see i had some issues with scariad fly, so got nematodes and yellow stickys. A week later I can count a couple maybe but they are all but eradicated.

Also I`m not starting to see strong signs of preflowers and the buds starting to set, heres how the CM looked this week(with a bit more training to keep the height down)

large.IMG_20181113_163244.jpglarge.IMG_20181113_163047.jpglarge.IMG_20181113_163012.jpglarge.IMG_20181113_162920.jpglarge.IMG_20181113_162914.jpglarge.IMG_20181110_092252.jpg

So getting there, slowly but steady. She`s looking the star of the grow so far, really reaching up allowing me to train back down to open the secondary and third`ry up to the light.

• Like 12

looking good buddy, I have a couple of sweet seeds (unsure of strain at mo was 2 of a mix pack) on week 6 and full on in flower, they will root those out easy I have them in 7.5l square root nurse fabrics and they have rooted them completely watering every 2 days now without fail its more like just rootball. 1 bit of advice, if you have something to raise them up slightly above the drip trays to keep airflow like wood strips they will keep the roots in pots otherwise they burst through the bottom and don't get cut off.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Autobud said:

looking good buddy, I have a couple of sweet seeds (unsure of strain at mo was 2 of a mix pack) on week 6 and full on in flower, they will root those out easy I have them in 7.5l square root nurse fabrics and they have rooted them completely watering every 2 days now without fail its more like just rootball. 1 bit of advice, if you have something to raise them up slightly above the drip trays to keep airflow like wood strips they will keep the roots in pots otherwise they burst through the bottom and don't get cut off.  

Thanks bud, im checking for roots bursting through but nothing other than a few small ends popping through, they seem to get pruned back fairly well, although i have had rings of roots around the bottom of the fabric pots a few times when watering to waste and the plants loved it, if i could devise a run to waste system with my limited headroom i probably would.

Here`s todays picture, Cream mandarin xl has been moved to the front right, cabs filling in nicely

large.IMG_20181116_191736.jpg

:yinyang:

Edited by H + H2O
  • Like 11

nice bushes bro, i'm tellin ya im very tempted to give hydro a bash, it would just be in coco hand watered but the vigour and yield of some plants is staggering compared to dirt.  good luck with the rest man.....:yinyang:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tenchie said:

@H + H2O

Looking good fella,is that Regi blinker in the background?  lol

@grotbags

Give it a go mate,he persuaded me to get back to coco  :yep:

Tenchie.

@Tenchie I`ll Regi Blinker ye ya tube lol

It`s  clearly Afroman, cos you got high  :hi:

@grotbags Passive hydro like coco in pots, inst difficult to pick up & even easier if you can get it automated as when they go into flower they really can go through a lot of feeding. Thanks for the well wishes, same back to yourfineself. :yinyang:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Autobud said:

I might raise them again, i used small cake cooling racks before, but it just made it more difficult to drain the tun off, 2 or 3 wood strips under the pots may just do the job. Cheers for that :D

Edited by H + H2O
  • Like 4

bloody hell some of them got some trunks on them ..cant believe i didnt spot your diary sooner ..best of luck not that it looks like you need luck ..nice stuff 

• Like 4

Thanks @vince noir rock n roll star Luck is always welcomed ,well today (day 45) they got a bit of a trim, some lst and switched to bloom nutrients. 1.3ec and 6.4ph, just using 1ml of silicone in 10l of h2O  to bring my ph up amd 5ml root tonic per l.

Cream Mandarin XL front right, big lady..

large.5bf1ee9ad8845_IMG_20181118_215536(2).jpg

Oh and added an arcadia desert lamp 8" or so across the centre of the canopy,it will only be on for 6hrs daily at the moment, more as an experiment than anything serious.

¡Hasta la vista! :smokin:

Edited by H + H2O
  • Like 9

Healthy looking plants you got there.  Cream Manderine XL is an excellent smoke.  Exciting times ahead with the buds now starting to appear. Good luck!

• Like 4