My little adventures! Sweet Seeds 5th Competition Grow 2018/19

BHAM!

Hello everyone guys!

I'm new in this forum and i consider myself a bit noob at growing, far from me is there wisdom in growing.

I harvested only 1 time indoor, 3x S.A.D. S1 not fv (Just love indica!), in which i was able to clone each one to keep if one was outstanding.... and there was one to save!

The shortest, the last born, which i use to call the sick one, at the end of flowering was much much bigger than the others 2 and obviously was full of magic flowers!

This was almost exactly one year ago, a lot of thing happened and i had to change place and everything..

Luckily i was able to keep a few clones of her alive, and right now i'm at the end of another grow with 3x of this S.A.D. with 2x of Red Poison AF with another plant

I grow only with coco + perlite (About 50/50)

Fabric pots (Germination occur in little plastic cup, around 100mL, then in 1 gallon, before flowering i repotted in 2 gallon, even if now i'm doing an experiment if i really need 2 gallon for flowering or 1 gallon from start to finish is enough!)

As nutrients i'm using Canna coco A+B, with pk13-14 that i dont think i'll use anymore or maybe a test in just 1 plant to see differences)

But i want to try asap the k.i.s.s. (Keep It Simple Stoner lol) method, in which i should use only MaxiBloom by General Hydroponics for entire cycle!

Only LED, diy off course

i use 6x Bridgelux Vero 29 in flowering box (4x 3000k ; 2x 5000k), within a few days and ready for next plants i'm gonna put there also about 12W of Far red and 12W of Deep red leds, which should help me keeping my flower sinsemilla and if i'd want i could go with 13hours of light and 11 of dark, i maybe explain this better in my thread but there are some info about it if you search

With a meanwell hlg 320, 1400mA max, i'm using it to have a total output of 225W (Precisely dimmed with Arduino's PWM)

(Last round, dimming to about 240-250W, 3x S.A.D. from seed, 8ish main cola each plant i was able to harvest a total of a little more of 300g)

And in veg box i'm currently using 4x Cree cxa 2540 (2x 4000k; 2x 5000k) each at about 25W, with deep red led, that should wake the plants faster and better

also,i use GLR light system, that means 12h of light, 5h 30min off, 1h on, 5.30 off. The 1h of light in the middle of "night" keep all plants in veg mode, with it i save 5 hours of light, with only a little slowdown of plants, for me much more important less watt = less money spent

Currently i also have the damned spider mites, really dont know from where, lucky me i'm able to keeping it on tracks for now, with only water, and some ladybugs found in the house

I really hope that in a week or two that i cut down the plants and i'll "sterilize" the whole box and clean very well the room, i'll be able to say good bye, hope to never meet you again!

I dont have a growbox/tent, i use a wardrobe that i got for free, had only to dismount and take away from a family that didnt need it anymore!

Both veg and flower are identical in size, 1meter large x 0.6 meter x 1.80meter high

It seems i explained everything!

I just wanted to start before the seeds arrive :D

I choosed:

GREEN POISON F1 FAST VERSION®

CREAM MANDARINE F1 FAST VERSION®

KILLER KUSH F1 FAST VERSION®

I really wanted to try new seeds, mostly fast version, because i read that taste, effect, smell are not affected, and 1 or 2 week less of flowering is a lot of electrical power saved!

So, for now this is everything i think :)

large_133.jpglarge_132.JPGlarge_134.jpg

Edited by BHAM!
  • Like 9

@BHAM! Nice introduction and also good to see you jumping right in with a grow diary after only 4 posts. 

Welcome to UK420 and good luck with competition dude.

• Like 4

Sounds like a nice setup you got there, i really need to try some leds as thats a good harvest from 250w.

I have heard such good things about the SAD that i had to give em a go for my diary(which hasnt started yet) alongside a cream mandarin fv or two.

I am sure you'll smash it but all the best anyway :yep:

• Like 5

nice choice of pips  and great pics too ... i will  be popping in to see  how things get along mate .... welcome on board

Edited by vortex
  • Like 5

That was a nice read, well written !  Lovely shots there too, macro camera lens ? 

Pretty sweet setup you have there, looking forwards to seeing how things go with your new seeds :)

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

@BHAM! Nice introduction and also good to see you jumping right in with a grow diary after only 4 posts. 

Welcome to UK420 and good luck with competition dude.

Thank you Smokebelch, i have to admit i didnt know this forum, SweetSeeds's website make this possible :)

21 hours ago, BeardedBeardiae said:

Sounds like a nice setup you got there, i really need to try some leds as thats a good harvest from 250w.

I have heard such good things about the SAD that i had to give em a go for my diary(which hasnt started yet) alongside a cream mandarin fv or two.

I am sure you'll smash it but all the best anyway :yep:

I cant do anything but recommend to you leds! I admit, never tried mh, hps, chm or even neon.. Only years and years ago a few cfl but not even finished the cycle.....

And yes, if you love indica, just grow some SAD, you'll not be disappointed!

Thank you BeardedBeardiae

20 hours ago, vortex said:

nice choice of pips  and great pics too ... i will  be popping in to see  how things get along mate .... welcome on board

Thank you vortex! You are welcome here anytime you want :)

17 hours ago, Inspiration101 said:

That was a nice read, well written !  Lovely shots there too, macro camera lens ? 

Pretty sweet setup you have there, looking forwards to seeing how things go with your new seeds :)

I am/was sure about a few errors... English is not my mother language, this make me happy! Thank you :)

That is not a macro lens, my little pocket can't afford it..... But i discovered thank to the internet, reverse lens photography ehehe, nice macro with even only a 18-55 super cheap!

• Like 6

The reverse macro method is rock hard especially if you want in focus pics so fair play that is impressive.

Between you @Smokebelch & @delagdo i think my chances of winning anything in the photo comp has gone up in smoke lol

• Like 5

Hi @BHAM! Nice intro, I am looking forward to seeing your LEDs in action, how those nutrients go for you, what you think of those strains, and more of your skillful and resourceful photography. Before that I'm hoping we see the end of these mites! Good luck :yep:

• Like 4

On 11/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, BeardedBeardiae said:

The reverse macro method is rock hard especially if you want in focus pics so fair play that is impressive.

Between you @Smokebelch & @delagdo i think my chances of winning anything in the photo comp has gone up in smoke lol

Well, i say good luck to all of you and also to me ehehe :D

With all of those possibilities of winning something, i'm sure you are going to win! :)

On 11/15/2018 at 0:57 PM, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Welcome to the comp my friend, I hope you enjoy it!!

jaypp

Thank you Jaypp!

15 hours ago, delagdo said:

Hi @BHAM! Nice intro, I am looking forward to seeing your LEDs in action, how those nutrients go for you, what you think of those strains, and more of your skillful and resourceful photography. Before that I'm hoping we see the end of these mites! Good luck :yep:

Thank you Delagdo!

I'll make some others betters photo for the led and for the box, as soon as possible, and yes, i'm impatient about finding about those nutrients, it seems really affordable and interesting!

And the cream mandarine seems yummy just from the name ehehehe

I really hope to win the war against the damned mites! I'll never surrender ehehe

Thank you mate!

I got to say i'm really glad about the really nice welcome i got in this forum and competition, you all seems lovely guys! much love and happy&sweet smokes everybody!!

:bong:

• Like 5

On 11/16/2018 at 2:03 PM, grotbags said:

looks like u be a natural bro!!come off with the same result this time is good work...:yep:

Well, i really hope to get close to that result, but i changed method!

First time i had 3x SAD with mainly 8 colas, this time i have 3x clone of the biggest, one with 4 colas, one with three, one with almost 6 so... i'll decide which is best! :D

Hope to be a natural around cannabis eheheh

So this week is week #9 of flowering sad is really ready to be cut!

large.IMG_4172_2.jpg

Then a simple view of flower box now

large_146.JPG

In the middle 2x Red Poison (Only 1 is red, lucky me!) then at right SAD and the closest at left another SAD

And now a view of my veg box

large_147.JPGlarge_148.JPG

A little mint, 2 basil, 2 sage and 2 lemon plants from a lemon i was making a fruit salad (??)

large_149.JPG

A few more SAD eheheh

large_151.JPG

Even more SAD eheheh

By the way, Big up for sweet seed team! The 3x chosen seeds arrived last week at home!! Thank you guys! Soon i'll put them in coco!!!

Sweet smokes everyone guyyssss! :D

• Like 9

excellent intro and a touch of the natural green fingers it seems ..best of luck with the comp and love the pics .

• Like 4

Some nice macro shots you got there.  you kinda lost me with all the LED stuff, but that's because I'm an old school MH/HPS typa guy. Good luck with the new FV strains. :v:

• Like 4

On 11/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

excellent intro and a touch of the natural green fingers it seems ..best of luck with the comp and love the pics .

Thank you a lot vince for the nice words, good luck also to you!

On 11/21/2018 at 11:02 AM, AustrianTokker said:

Some nice macro shots you got there.  you kinda lost me with all the LED stuff, but that's because I'm an old school MH/HPS typa guy. Good luck with the new FV strains. :v:

I try to make nice macro with little lens i have... Well, i have never used mh/hps ehehe but the day i'll have a big room and decent money to throw away in the bills i'll try for sure a 400W hps + some leds!!

Good luck to you too!

I understand only now that i made quite an error publishing photos of my current grow....... And i dont have yet the "power" to edit my posts? well, damn me ehehe :D

I'll update this journal as soon as i put those seeds in water

See you guys soon! Happy smokes everybody :D

• Like 6