Dinafem Autos xxl?

Kaidog

So I've been using RQS for all my grows so far but must admit I'm liking the look of the xxl auto's from dinafem. Fair play they look massive for auto's!

I can comfortably grow 4 auto's in my drobe (80cm X 80cm X 140cm)in 11L pots with LST.

Question is how many dinafem xxls (say amnesia xxls) do you think I could get in there? Or would I be better off getting smaller auto's?

• Like 1

Go for 4 and LST, chop away and supercrop to make them fit is my advice :D

Better too much and have to cut away than wish you`d filled that damn empty corner imo.

• Like 3

one would fill it. 

they are big plants, and will naturally fill the space. 

LST it if you want and it will fill that tent no problems, light depending.

I did 3 in a 120 by 120 tent, and they were pushing out the sides of the tent..

Id say one or two at the most

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 4

I'd say 2 at most also, look after them right from the start and they grow huge. I stuck one blue kush auto in my space (45 x 45 cm) in an 11litre and it only just squeezed in there. That wasn't an xl mind. large.20170516_203102_crop_446x588.jpg

Not the best pic and plant not in best of health but you get the idea

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

one would fill it. 

they are big plants, and will naturally fill the space. 

LST it if you want and it will fill that tent no problems, light depending.

I did 3 in a 120 by 120 tent, and they were pushing out the sides of the tent..

Id say one or two at the most

I've got 2 x 300w led units (120 true watts each) and also a 80w home made led.... So 320 true watts.

How many Oz did you get from them 3? And How tall did they get if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Openairbud said:

I'd say 2 at most also, look after them right from the start and they grow huge. I stuck one blue kush auto in my space (45 x 45 cm) in an 11litre and it only just squeezed in there. That wasn't an xl mind. large.20170516_203102_crop_446x588.jpg

Not the best pic and plant not in best of health but you get the idea

Awesome! How much bud did that give you? what watt light you using?

• Like 1

I`ve never actually grown any of dinafems xl`s out so @badbillybob knows them far better than me, tbh i missed the headroom in your cab and presumed it was a 1.8m, so your quite pressed for height for these xl types so they`d need completely flattened out quite early.

I managed 5 mephistos in a 80cm cab but they werent all that tall,just a low flat canopy.  I now grow in a 1msq cab & ive got 6 autos in there, only one is an xl cream mandarin (I also have one of the dinafem blue kush) so have some interest in this lol

What I like to do with autos is stagger the finishing times, a couple of quick finishers taken at 10 weeks or so and a couple more that will run 12-14 weeks & as the early ones get cropped they clear space to allow any longer ones the space they need to fill out properly  ;) 

• Like 3

How big they grow will be affected by your pot size and medium. 4 plants in 15lites pots of coco will easily out grow that space. 4 plants in 7 or 8litres of compost will probably fit nicely.

I’d probably do 3 plants in 11litres of compost and LST them heavily because you are quite short on height at 1.4m

• Like 3

Yes it's the height I'm worried about more than anything tbh as my filter takes about a foot of height and my lights would be just under this, then the 12inch gap for light to canopy, so I've probably got less than a meter for actual plant height growth.:wacko: 

• Like 1

@Kaidog that gave me just over 3oz but I'm new to this game, someone with more experience would have pulled more no doubt. That was grown under 150watt cmh. 

I followed blackpoolbouncers method, that is tying back main stem, tucking leaves to expose leaders etc. 

• Like 3

Tried to add a link but I'm crap :skin_up:

Blackpools diary/guide is pinned in the dinafem 2015 diaries have a read :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kaidog said:

Yes it's the height I'm worried about more than anything tbh as my filter takes about a foot of height and my lights would be just under this, then the 12inch gap for light to canopy, so I've probably got less than a meter for actual plant height growth.:wacko: 

We are about the same bud, i`m in a 1.8m high cab with a 6" intake fan and a long 6" rhino filter at the top above the light, but because i`m using a 600 w hps i need atleast 2` from light to canopy or I start to see signs of heat stress & really bad low rh issues. I just concentrate on getting the deepest & densest canopy I can & keep the air movement to the max.

@Openairbud She was a cracker mate! Allow me to help with the link, it`s one of my favourite threads. BB`s Dinafem discovery

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, H + H2O said:

heat stress & really bad low rh issues. 

@Openairbud She was a cracker mate! Allow me to help with the link, it`s one of my favourite threads. BB`s Dinafem discovery

Thats just what I suffered with too as I'd ran out of headroom. Cheers for sorti g link! :yinyang:

• Like 2

here you go, have a look. I know its moby but I did the amnesia and it grew almost identical. I got 10 and a half ounces from the bigger one, and about 5 or 6 each from the other 2, total was 620gish, under 600w

1 hour ago, Kaidog said:

I've got 2 x 300w led units (120 true watts each) and also a 80w home made led.... So 320 true watts.

How many Oz did you get from them 3? And How tall did they get if you don't mind me asking?

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 3

In that small an area no way would I attempt 4 plants in 11l pots. Not our autos especially the xxl line, blue cheese auto or Blue kush auto. All of them get big. 

Now, personally why not do 2 plants in 11l pots and train them. Some growers think extra plants equals extra yield. This is not true. Check out a few growers on here such as

@blackpoolbouncer

@jadenugs

@beezee

@badbillybob

You could give any of these grower 1 plant and others not so talented 4 and the experienced growers will pull more weight from that single plant :bong:

Oh @Smokebelch is also a very talented grower. 

Just for that area and big autos imo 4 is to many but it can be done. You have enough wattage to grow 4 plants it's just the area your working with that worries me.

Keep us updated on what you do mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 6