Why I worry about potential uk legalisation.

WarmShoe

@twigs

we can go around in circles here,majority accounts on uk420 are all stoners,smokers I would be surprised if 10% were  using concentrates regularly..... reading these boards for last 10 years didn't get the impression members and stoners in generall are the healthiest among the general population either.....

• Like 3

@joba dude concentrates have been massive in the states for the last 10 years easy, cannabis use has exploded over there mate and all the reports are good and have been for the last 20 years there (cali legal) and cannada (20 years legal) They smoke so much more than the uk does mate and their have never been any red lights or warnings.. :stoned:  they smoked it pure all that time too bud, not like in euro land.. :bong:

all the studies have been done to death, and repeated, in fact it’s the most studied plant in the world!.. and they can’t find anything to point/wave the finger at, all those propaganda people and studies.. trillions spent and they’ve got nothing.. 

the worst that was found was a slight cough after many years of heavy use, and when you stop useing the cough goes away lol that’s what scientists said btw not me.. :yinyang:

• Like 1

On 04/08/2020 at 9:49 AM, joba said:

to say you can't do any harm with cannabis would be daft statement,especially when you start playing around with concentrates and stuff

Is there evidence that concentrates are in any way harmful? 

I have always considered them a healthier alternative to vaping herb, after all there's no combustion and you inhale far fewer lungfulls.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, joba said:

@twigs

we can go around in circles here,majority accounts on uk420 are all stoners,smokers I would be surprised if 10% were  using concentrates regularly..... reading these boards for last 10 years didn't get the impression members and stoners in generall are the healthiest among the general population either.....

Study: Cannabis Use Associated with Reduced In-Hospital Mortality in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure

BY NORML

POSTED ON AUGUST 13, 2020

New York, NY: Heart failure patients with a history of cannabis consumption possess lower in-hospital mortality rates than do those with no history of use, according to data published in the journal Cureus.

Researchers affiliated with Brookdale University Hospital Medical Center in New York City assessed marijuana use and in-patient hospitalization trends for patients with congestive heart failure over a four-year period.

Authors determined that cannabis users had “less all-cause in-hospital deaths and shorter hospital stays compared to non-users.”

Prior observational studies have similarly reported that marijuana use is associated with a decreased risk of in-hospital mortality among patients suffering from heart failure and heart attacks.

Other studies have reported that cannabis exposure is associated with greater in-hospital survival rates among patients with cancer, pancreatitis, burn-related injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and other types of severe trauma...

• Like 1

On 04/09/2020 at 11:40 PM, Absurdist said:

Is there evidence that concentrates are in any way harmful? 

I have always considered them a healthier alternative to vaping herb, after all there's no combustion and you inhale far fewer lungfulls.

yes it certainly is the healthiest option (not dabbing)

my main point was : many people with undiagnosed cardiac issues,folks with already high blood pressure,people with low sugar levels....

can't really comapre oil to having a spliff to start with and the other physilogical changes what cannabis does effect-increased heart rate,blood pressure,sugar levels i described before.

and I do think cannabis doesn't cause anxiety it is the increased heart,blood pressure rate which sets some folks  into fight or flight response 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joba said:

yes it certainly is the healthiest option (not dabbing)

I think we disagree then. I think that dabbing is the healthiest option.

Despite their reputation, I agree with Adam Dunn that joints mess me up more than dabs!

@Absurdist

i had few dabs done properly through emclosed machine and purged in the vacuum oven and could feel a light film over my teeth .....so imagine these dabs on your lungs

by the way i have a volcano and I am changing my bag every fortnight and once i open it it is covered in oil not tar-which is the point but oil it is... if i put my hand inside the baloon it sticks

only vaping bud through it not oils but hope you see where I am coming from

if you have a dab or two a day i reckon should be good deffo better than joints but heavy hitting like 1g a day which is possible after few months your lungs might be fucked...

your call

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/11/2018 at 2:09 PM, Hugh Jass said:

The third time I ever smoked weed, I threw a greenie.

Apparently there is a stage after the whitie, when your skin colour changes from white to green and apparently a glowing sickly green at that, so I have been told.

My new found friends found this to be quite funny and offered me a few extra bongs and hot knives which in my inexperiance I consumed even though I had somehow lost the ability to speak and my eye sight had gone so blurry that I could only see about a foot infront of me.

The feeling that I was going to spew came over me and after a few more hot knives I gathered the courage to stand up and say that it has been fun and I would hang around with with you guys again. I staggered off and opened the fron door. The fresh air hit me, this gave my body the much needed oxygen to make the descision that it did not need the contents of my stomach any longer. I puked on the doorstep, I puked on the path, I fell in a bush and couldn't get out. Another guy left, I'm not sure how long I had been in the bush, it could have been a minute, it could have been an hour?

After he dragged me out of the bush to make sure I was alright, he went back in and told everybody and I then heard the laughter. I vomited my way home. I ate all the biscuits, all the sweets and the best apple doughnut I have ever eaten in my life!

I went to sleep and had the deepest and most fantastic sleep I had ever had, I felt a little groggy the next day. But I thought that if I had a little less I could have been having a really good time.

The weed we were smoking was imported hash. Excellent quality.

I don't see how modern weed could be any better than the good stuff we used to get back then.

Sure the buds are grown with a bit more care and we didn't have dabs back then. But I don't see how the strength of something is a problem?

I learned to put the joint down or say I have had enough when I had consumed enough.

This is learning in life, this is how you know when to stop eating or how much beer to drink.

Don't worry about the kids, they will do alright and just learn the same way that everybody else does.

Fucking preach, I like you. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 01/11/2018 at 13:44, WarmShoe said:

I have been pondering for some time about the potential legalisation of cannabis in the UK, and worrying about it too. Not worrying that it wont happen but worries about it actually happening. Stick with me on this please.

I have been smoking since i was about 17, i'm 42 now so that means i started smoking Rocky, Pollen, Soapbar, Minali charis, and bush weed etc. I have been lucky enough to smoke some of the best natural weed/hash in the world over almost 20 years of working and travelling overseas. The emphasis i would put on it is NATURAL stuff. 

I hope its safe to say that us Brits drink a lot, and generally we drink to get drunk. My worry is that this same cultural behaviour will translate over to smoke if/when it becomes legal. 

Looking at publications such as High Times and Herb, there are stronger and stronger strains being cultivated on an industrial level. We seem to be pushing the strength to very unnatural levels and thats my worry.

If/when it becomes legal i worry that an 18 year old who has never smoked before will be able to go into a shop and buy the strongest stuff out there and vape it in a volcano. On the flip side yes, an 18 year old can now go into any booz shop and buy a bottle of vodka and neck it, the result being that they do something stupid, vomit and pass out. But the dangers of a novice overdoing there first smoking experience on the ultra strong strains or concentrates can cause huge psychological damage. 

I do not know the answer to this potential problem. What do you guys think? 

I know this is fucking ancient, but here's my 2 cents

I think the opposite is true. As has been mentioned in this post, weed is not the same as alcohol.

More importantly, prohibition has already damaged weed and the culture surrounding it. The negative effects of weed have been created, not necessarily by increasing potency, but by breeding out the CBD - an important modulator to the effects of THC.

The street weed available in the UK, certainly from maybe 2000 to the present is effectively moonshine. The same thing happened when alcohol was prohibited. Scarcity begat potency. It also propagated the jay and silent bob type image, where smoking = getting fucked up, becoming stupid and useless.

I'd like to think legalization would open up options from craft growers and popularity of strains aimed at medicinal users, rather than the jay and silent bob type stoners, who just give us a bad look.

• Like 2

if they do legalise cannabis it will be for medicinal purposes only, not for joe public to grow their own. No way, how would they regulate it? How would they tax it via joe public? 

The uks interest would be medical application only and it would be grown under regulation by companies authorised to who can be taxed. FYI its already happening and for the record EVERY scrap of the plant has to be accounted for. Just so noone sneaks off with even a wispy bud.

If you think legalisation is a good thing ask the US. The government is ruining it big time and taxing the hell out of it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MistYGr33n said:

if they do legalise cannabis it will be for medicinal purposes only

That's how it already is lol

The next step/hope is decriminalisation🤞