Why I worry about potential uk legalisation.

WarmShoe

21 minutes ago, Ital said:

People here, you, I, us... sure there a few of us who could be honest about the negative sides of continuous marijuana consumption over a long term. Like any counselling you'd need to get qualified but if legal then you could still partake.  A whole industry would build up around the plant, so many affiliated business' will grow  and then more from them.

Thats Wishful thinking mate look at the alcohol industry and the massive problems it causes day in day out year in year out,people are on waiting lists even to talk to a  Counsellor what make you think the weed industry would be any different?   

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

I agree mate but where is the support going to come from? people in white coats that have never smoked in their life imho

Exactly. Kind of another reason why I wouldn't even bother applying or trying to get pharma cannabis derivatives. The stubbornness and arrogance would really come out of me then and probably end up telling them to F off lol. Fuck being told how to go about it by somebody who's never even tried it, or even knows the difference between an indica and sativa.

In other words, fuck them. "I don't even know what it's like to be stoned, or what it tastes like, but take my word for it, use it as I say as prescribed or else I WILL stop your prescription" said the doctor to the long term self medicator. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimboo said:

Thats Wishful thinking mate look at the alcohol industry and the massive problems it causes day in day out year in year out,people are on waiting lists even to talk to a  Counsellor what make you think the weed industry would be any different?   

Because us weed smokers are kinder more loving people :smokin:

nah seriously... i think we are.. the weed smoker is a more open minded being, more communal and conscious it'd naturally evolve as the industry did. There was always an older head we could talk to when we first started out, they'd guide us with the knowledge they had.  I think this is missing nowadays hopefully i'm wrong, but it's people like these who could get involved on a professional level. The alcoholic and the 24/7/365 smoker are two very different beings, emotionally, physically and dependently.

In a particularly positive mood today , must be the Smile I'm smoking ... wish I could share you might see my view :)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ital said:

Because us weed smokers are kinder more loving people :smokin:

nah seriously... i think we are.. the weed smoker is a more open minded being, more communal and conscious it'd naturally evolve as the industry did. There was always an older head we could talk to when we first started out, they'd guide us with the knowledge they had.  I think this is missing nowadays hopefully i'm wrong, but it's people like these who could get involved on a professional level. The alcoholic and the 24/7/365 smoker are two very different beings, emotionally, physically and dependently.

In a particularly positive mood today , must be the Smile I'm smoking ... wish I could share you might see my view :)

I do see your view mate ,But I also see reality

• Like 4

We'll get to a point with this hype where the whole plant is THC!  What's the problem with 100% active ingredient anyway, just smoke less.  The resin you collect from bubble bags is pure, people don't go ape shit with that.

• Like 3

People are going to abuse everything, be it consuming food or alcohol or cannabis, they obviously have other issues that they latch on to something that releases their stress & become addicted the habit. Its a good thing that you can smoke as much as you want & wont die. But question is, should you smoke that much? I am guilty in the past of smoking excessively & not experiencing the high of a strain properly because ive smoked another strain or im always high so i can never fully appriciate it. 

I think the way cannabis is a good leveller is the best aspect of it. Ive been in the dam & a gang of lads walked in, no one smiling, few snarls. As soon as theres weed getting passed around, its all smiles, laughs & chatty. Egos out the window.

• Like 4

Kind of makes no sense. People can and do get whatever they want now, legalising it if anything will make it harder to get. A lot of the cash croppers won't be able to stay in buisness. Just like in the USA at the minute the place will get swamped with product driving the price down

and sounds a bit like someone needs to look outside and realise its ok. :yinyang:

uncle. :smokin:

• Like 1

I prefer not to worry about things that might never happen, and I really can't see any form of legalisation happening in the UK in the next ten years.

Even if they do legalise there will probably still be a prohibition on home growing or a three plant limit so we will probably remain outlaws.

• Like 2

Couple of things... All of the "evidence" suggesting that weed has an association with mental illness is based on post hoc or declarative research materials - a person goes to their doc and says, I smoked weed and something is wrong, or a person with a stated mental illness says weed doesn't help them, or weed triggered it.

The general tendency in reviews of scientific studies, and there are precious few, is to suggest that weed may exacerbate existing conditions, and it may be wrongly attributed to the onset of a condition (in such cases virtually no details are given to other factors that could contribute, weed just gets the blame!), but, and this is the important bit, there is no confirmed association between weed and mental illness in any study to date; nor is it possible to conduct research that wold prove there was - the simple reason being, such research would be unethical.

The causes of mental illness are complex and varied - a condition that appears in a person's 30s may be related to trauma they experienced in the teens or as an infant - its not ethical to enlist infants as research subjects and even if it were, might the experience of being a non-voluntary research subject be traumatic?

Whether smoking might help trigger that or not is just not known, despite what you might read in tabloids or in research papers punting solid grounds for the next round of funding...

Enjoy your smoke!! :v:

• Like 7

The problem I foresee with legalization is the rapid regulation that will probably follow, there will not be any small time farmers who will be able to/want to enter into the retail market due to the red tape involved, enter the Starbucks of weed and our beloved sacred herb gets turned into a big Mac, hollow, artificial and soulless. 

We're beginning to see it with the newest generation of tokers growingly up on Instagram, only wanting weed in tins and not knowing fuck all about what they're smoking.

Albeit it's better than buckets of rocky before reg but I don't like the future. Plain decriminalisation is my preferred future, means we can control the future a bit better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mimicker said:

The problem I foresee with legalization is the rapid regulation that will probably follow

The over-regulation is the scary bit and it's something huge industries use to keep the little guy out. If 3 - 4 of the biggest players get together and decide to lobby for very high regulation in their industry then sure it costs them all a bit more in regulatory costs but it ensured the barrier to entry for the little guy is next to impossible. It's essentially a government-enforced monopoly (or crony capitalism) and it's a trick that big players within every industry use and nobody sees it coming because they're blind-sided by the the fact that regulation seems to imply it makes the industry safer. Works every time.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

i am a heavy drinker, il admit that, im a big craft  beer fan, and think nothing of knocking back 12-16 cans a night. i also smoke cannabis. i dont get violent with beer or become loutish. i get a hop buzz on, and then i like to have 2 or three bongs, which leaves me in a state of nirvana :) i think it completely depends on the people involved. everyone is different :) you can say all us brits are louts, 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of valid points, I'll take decriminalise over legalisation anyday!  All I know is whichever way it goes, just like Brexit, We the Sheeple will get shafted!

so I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing

STOP THE CORPORATE GREED

Happy growing :bong:

• Like 1

Where have you gone @WarmShoe

Very strong cannabis has always been available, just not sent to us in the earlier days. We got sent the crap, therefore the bust records show the low thc weed.  From circa 1974 to 1978 the busted shipments records show thc trebled in three years.  Going from

memory here so could be a little out.  

Now they are saying thc has trebled since the mid nineties.  What a load of shit. I was buying 18% and above from Amsterdam and getting it here in the uk equally as strong as today.   

Breeding has exploded so we will be seeing more of the select strains that we would of never seen beacause the canna hot spots of the world kept the cream to themselves back then. Now we grow those choice strains ourselves.   So BULLSHIT government media. It’s just as strong as it ever was

Edited by Rampa Green