Tweaked house and garden schedule

FigmentofFig

Any body tweak the house and garden schedule? Mainly i mean the flowering stuff. Bud XL, top booster, and shooting powder. Its my first time running house and garden. Any input is welcomed. Ta.

• Like 1

@ursus1000 Wow i just looked at @teehee s last grow. Incredible !  I'm growing in Hempy buckets with coco and perlite, but I may just go straight coco hempy or just ditch the hempy and get some airpots after seeing the results ! What do you think? I also saw that he does start the bud xl earlier than the house and garden schedule. They have it at half way through flowering, so week 4 on an 8 week strain, and teehee you start it at 1/4 way through , or week 2 on an 8 week strain it looks like. Just amazing stuff sir. 

• Like 1

Yes,teehee's grows are incredible! And he does that with autos! Most of us won't reach that standard with photoperiods! I think in hempys it's probably better to use clay pebbles in the 'reservoir',that way the coco will not be too saturated. With airpots be careful when feeding/watering,it will easily run out of those 'honeycombes',and will cost more in wasted nutes. Just feed/water slowly.

• Like 2

I planned to use exactly that in the res. Sorry I didn't mention it. I'm gonna try a hybrid airpot hempy. Just gonna drill holes all around the bucket, and add an external screen to keep the coco in if need be. I cant wait to start my new grow, but i've still got 7 weeks of flowering for my current one. Things didn't go so well so it kind of became a salvage operation. But not really, because i've been learning and have all the equipment i need now. I had everything nice and growing when i decided to get new lights, so the babes went without proper lighting for around 1 week! Caused problems later because many roots had died in my hempy! Nasty!  And on top of that i got non auto flowering auto flowering seeds lol i vegged em for 2 months before i flipped to 12 /12. And then they got too tall haha such is life. Next grow i'll have better results i hope. I'll do a journal here too!  I'm doing photos this time though. That sucked waiting for flowering thinking i had autos. Ta for the tips.

• Like 2

Wow, cheers @ursus1000 for all those kind words! All the best of growing Karma to you mate, I appreciate you bigging my grows up like that!

I'd be more than happy to help you out @FigmentofFig, what do you need to know?

Always start with EC 0 water! I use rainwater, but RO will be your best bet if in the UK. I thought it rained a lot there, but this place fucking takes the piss.

Anyway......

In veg, their product, Nitrogen Boost is powerful stuff, the Roots Excellurator is great kit, and Multizyme is very useful. RE and Multizyme can be used at full recommended strength.... 0.3ml/L for the RE and 1ml/L for the enzyme... all the way through - just stop RE when you give PK13/14 (Top Booster)

As you know, the base nutes (Cocos A&B) are used throughout the grow... there's no separate veg and flowering nutes. So in veg giving Nitrgen Boost as well will give them what they need, and in flowering, reducing the N and starting the Bloom boosters will up the P and K to give you them fat buds.

As soon as those new flowers form, I give the Bud XL at full 1.0ml/L strength..... but I still keep the N going for a few weeks in Bloom to support the bud structure.... esp with Sativas.

Work out when you think they'll finish and count back a week for flushing, then back 3 weeks for the Top Shooter, and then back 4 days for the PK13/14..... thats when you start Top Booster.

Top Shooter and Shooting powder are pretty much the same thing, SO YOU DONT WANNA GIVE THEM BOTH TOGETHER!!! One or the other.

Again, I give these as per H&G's chart at full strength, Top Booster at 1ml/L and Top Shooter at 0.5ml/L for the first week, and 1ml/L for the final 2 weeks. Top Shooter really takes it out of your plants so adding extra sugar in the form of Molasses or AN's Bud Candy is helpful.

The only thing I dont adhere to is the amount of A&B I give.... I tweak it continually to keep the EC at the (low) levels I aim for.... usually no more than EC 1.0 - 1.1. There has been times when I added NO A&B to my mix.... just all the additives! I had to keep the EC at 0.8.... and still max out the boosters! The Top Shooter really ups the EC so you have to 'make space' for it by reducing something! 

I do a spreadsheet that helps me keep all that in check.....

large.5bc0b63453c13_feedchart.jpg

Just remember with Coco NEVER to use plain water... in fact NEVER go below EC 0.7.... or else you'll wash the buffers out.

Keep the EC low (I mean don't go aiming for EC 2.3 etc).... H&G is concentrated stuff!

Keeping the Coco moist at all times will prevent nute pissing out the holes. If you see nute pouring out, you're not feeding them often enough. I add a litre at a time and pour it in reasonably quickly, no worries.

Coco isnt like soil, wet dry and all that.... keep it wet, and it will drain down to the perfect air/water ratio every watering. After 2 weeks or so its impossible to over water the stuff!

I use drip clean all the way through at 0.1ml/L.... dont start it mid way through a grow though!!! I find I have to get less run off whe I use Drip Clean... meaning a saving in nutrient costs a little.

Good luck, hit me anytime if you need more help!

• Like 5

Im actually using tomato nutes 4 base right now.  I've got the whole lineup coming in a sample pack for next time though. You have been a great help @teehee best answer ever. Im doing things a bit different because i wanted to save money but next time ill follow this to a "T" 

• Like 1

This time I Used RE, Algen Extract , Amino, drip clean, and i have bud xl , top booster and shooting powder ready 2 go

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@teehee

Hey mate since you seem to be the H&G dude, can I ask, can you or would you use the amino as a foliar in veg? 

I got some free samples from a hydro shop but I've never used it as I grow organic ish lol

Thanks in advance 

:bong:

Obie 

• Like 1

On 25/01/2020 at 5:06 AM, Oldbear said:

@teehee

Hey mate since you seem to be the H&G dude, can I ask, can you or would you use the amino as a foliar in veg? 

I got some free samples from a hydro shop but I've never used it as I grow organic ish lol

Thanks in advance 

:bong:

Obie 

not sure Bro... I've never foliar fed my plants.

One thing I know is that amino is only in veg.... if you give itin Bloom, the silicone gets into your nugs and affects the quality... plus you get rock hard ash on your joints that doesn't tap off easliy, and when it does eventually, it sounds like a stone when it hits the ashtray. It can raise the EC of the nute, so when they advise increasing the amount every week... be careful to lower something else to keep the EC down... I usually drop A&B a tad to make room for it.

Last few grows Ive done... I didn't use it and TBH I didn't notice any difference.

I also stopped using Top Shooter as well...... in fact I think my final bud was better without it.... much more uniform quality and no foxtailing.

Roots Excellurator, Multizyme, A&B, Bud XL and Top Booster (PK13/14) is pretty much all I use now. Oh, and AN's Bud Candy. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, teehee said:

Roots Excellurator, Multizyme, A&B, Bud XL and Top Booster (PK13/14) is pretty much all I use now. Oh, and AN's Bud Candy. 

Hey mate, I’m using the H&G range for this last few months now, I see you said you dropped the Top Shooter, is the AN Bud Candy to replace the TS towards the end off flowering ?

And could you use Canna Boost to replace the TS instead off AN Bud Candy ?

I’ve found when lowering the a&b to allow use off the Top Shooter that some plants have struggled to stay green till end off flowering, I’ve been keeping my a&b up an only using the TS at half strength or slightly less, to keep them greener longer...

Thats why asking abt the Canna Boost...

Cheer’s...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Hey mate, I’m using the H&G range for this last few months now, I see you said you dropped the Top Shooter, is the AN Bud Candy to replace the TS towards the end off flowering ?

I’ve found when lowering the a&b to allow use off the Top Shooter that some plants have struggled to stay green till end off flowering, I’ve been keeping my a&b up an only using the TS at half strength or slightly less, to keep them greener longer...

Cheer’s...

I dont give Bud Candy as a replacement for Top Shooter... it's just to add extra sugars for the plant to process and add to the bud quality. I give it from about week 2 of flowering at 1.0ml/L all the way to the end.

I used to make up my own Molasses for the same reason, but switched to Bud Candy cos I'm so lazy.

I stopped using Top Shooter because it makes the plant flower again... and again etc. which sounds great, but the exteded flowering time resulted in a haul that had varying quality.... some much older bud past its maturity and newer bud that hadn't fully matured yet., the longer you wait for the new bud to mature, the more the older bud will deteriorate. Plus you get a lot of foxtailing, which again affects bud quality. 

Stopping TS was a huge saving and my buds were harder and all at the right maturity... uniform quality.

When I did use it, I used it at 0.5ml/L for the first week, then 1.0ml/L for the final 2 weeks, but often had to continue a few more weeks as all this new bud came through.... and yeah, had to drop A&B right down to accomodate it... once I didn't even add A&B as I had to keep the EC low... as I say, I don't bother with any late bloom boosters.... PK 13/14 is more than enough!

OH, I forgot to say earlier... the H&G Nitrogen Boost is superb stuff.... no more than 0.3 to 0.5ml/L though!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Amo said:

Cheer’s...

No worries Man!

I dont give Bud Candy as a replacement for Top Shooter... it's just to add extra sugars for the plant to process and add to the bud quality. I give it from about week 2 of flowering at 1.0ml/L all the way to the end.

I used to make up my own Molasses for the same reason, but switched to Bud Candy cos I'm so lazy.

I stopped using Top Shooter because it makes the plant flower again... and again etc. which sounds great, but the exteded flowering time resulted in a haul that had varying quality.... some much older bud past its maturity and newer bud that hadn't fully matured yet., the longer you wait for the new bud to mature, the more the older bud will deteriorate. Plus you get a lot of foxtailing, which again affects bud quality. 

Stopping TS was a huge saving and my buds were harder and all at the right maturity... uniform quality.

I have never used Canna Boost, but if you have to use it in the last 3 weeks of flowering, it is probably the Canna equivalent of Top Shooter or AN's Overdrive.

When I did use TS, I used it at 0.5ml/L for the first week, then 1.0ml/L for the final 2 weeks, but often had to continue a few more weeks as all this new bud came through.... and yeah, had to drop A&B right down to accomodate it... once I didn't even add A&B as I had to keep the EC low... as I say, I don't bother with any late bloom boosters.... PK 13/14 is more than enough!

OH, I forgot to say earlier... the H&G Nitrogen Boost is superb stuff.... no more than 0.3 to 0.5ml/L though!!!

Edited by teehee
  • Like 2