The Sweetest Thing, The 5th Sweetseeds Competion Grow 2018/19

ratdog

Day 27 in veg and I`ve LST`d the remaining four plants.

SAD #2

large.5be2ea6980e3f_SAD2.jpg

BJ#1

large.5be2ea615dbaf_BJ1.jpg

BJ#2

large.5be2ea63c442e_BJ2.jpg

GG#2

large.5be2ea669a6eb_GG2.jpg

All still on 2.5 ml fishmix and no signs of over feeding yet!

• Like 14

Day 29 in veg and we can see how fast they adapt to the training, the GG#1 is already  in need of another tying down session which I might do after potting on at the weekend

GG#1

large.5be5aa1cd539b_GG1.jpglarge.5be5aa20d96e2_GG1.2.jpg

GG#2

large.5be5aa23a7132_GG2.jpg

BJ#1

large.5be5aa2880440_BJ1.jpg

BJ#2

large.5be5aa2a53654_BJ2.jpg

SAD#1

large.5be5aa2d009c1_SAD1.jpg

SAD#2

large.5be5aa2e920f3_SAD2.jpg

All drinking their feeds in one day now.

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 13

Looking solid and sweet.  LST seems the way, the more I grow the more I see the benefits to bending them over rather than chopping bits off.

Keep it sweet ! :D

• Like 6

On 11/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, Inspiration101 said:

Looking solid and sweet.  LST seems the way, the more I grow the more I see the benefits to bending them over rather than chopping bits off.

Keep it sweet ! :D

Hello mate, yeah, it really repays dividends when done methodically, it`s a bastard come potting up time lol but it`s worth the back ache in the long run. Thanks bud :)

Right, day 31 in the kennel and I`ve been potting up the two biggest plants, the GG#1 and SAD#1.

GG#1  before

large.5be835363e184_GG111th.jpg

GG#1 roots

large.5be835389bd2f_gg1roots.jpg

GG#1 in new pot and retied

large.5be8353a2b2a2_GG1newpot.jpg

The SAD#1 repotted and retied

large.5be8353067191_SAD1potted.jpg

I gave them a feed of 1.5ml to settle them in to the new pots with some more fungi for the roots.

that`s it for now, I hope you are getting the sun today :)

• Like 14

@ratdog Yea, sure does pay dividends putting in a little effort earlier rather than untold amounts later !  I daresay yours will settle in nicely now and balloon outwards and upwards shortly :)

• Like 4

failure to prepare leads to piss poor preparation h ....or something along them lines ,...these are gonna be strong flowerers by the looks of the knuckles you got forming 

• Like 6

@ratdog All looking sweet as dude, lovely looking green and healthy plants and a nice big and healthy rootball. It’s interesting to see you are using quite a lot of Fishmix on small plants with no signs of over feeding, infact the plants look amazing. I have only been giving mine 1 ml and they were looking hungry last week but seem to have greened up a bit now now, maybe I should feed a bit more early on in future.

This is turning out to be a quality diary with all the nice photos and LST info, our grow methods are quite similar and I like to learn new things from what others are doing so keep up the good work dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3

On 11/11/2018 at 3:06 PM, Inspiration101 said:

@ratdog Yea, sure does pay dividends putting in a little effort earlier rather than untold amounts later !  I daresay yours will settle in nicely now and balloon outwards and upwards shortly :)

Hello mate, I`m struggling with space now lol thank goodness I did go down the LST route or they would be leggy and flopping over already :ouch:  :)

On 11/11/2018 at 6:12 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

failure to prepare leads to piss poor preparation h ....or something along them lines ,...these are gonna be strong flowerers by the looks of the knuckles you got forming 

I hope so Vince, I guess we will find out in a couple of months. :)

On 11/13/2018 at 10:34 AM, Smokebelch said:

@ratdog All looking sweet as dude, lovely looking green and healthy plants and a nice big and healthy rootball. It’s interesting to see you are using quite a lot of Fishmix on small plants with no signs of over feeding, infact the plants look amazing. I have only been giving mine 1 ml and they were looking hungry last week but seem to have greened up a bit now now, maybe I should feed a bit more early on in future.

This is turning out to be a quality diary with all the nice photos and LST info, our grow methods are quite similar and I like to learn new things from what others are doing so keep up the good work dude.

Hello SB, I use fishmix quite liberally in all my grows, except the oldtimes, they were a nightmare regards food, it`s not as strong as some might think, and quite forgiving ime. Thanks for the kind words mate :)

Right, I have potted them all up now, one or two will need another pot up as they are in slightly smaller pots than the ones in their final pots due to not as developed root balls as their sisters.

Here`s some pics, they are a bit random this post as I lost track during resizing :wassnnme:

large.5bec32e733dd6_gg214th.jpglarge.5bec32e92119e_gg2tiedback14th.jpglarge.5bec32de64b16_Blackjack2potted.jpglarge.5bec32f33dc49_SAD214th.jpglarge.5bec32f4e4332_SAD2potted.jpglarge.5bec32fc38d0e_vegroom.jpg

Looking a bit busy in there atm lol but the flowers in the tent should be ready to chop any day soon.

They are all on 1.5ml of fishmix post pot up, and some seaweed extract, and they have all been treated again with fungi now too. Tbh I can`t see any real difference with it, in fact my roots are usually better than the ones in this diary.

• Like 12

How can they still go on about global warming, When clearly your groom alone pumps so much o2 back into the system with them there plants lol

Splended work mucka and lots of it. Time consuming but so worth it come switch time.

On course for a jungle, gonna be massive Atb bud

Jungle massive lol that just flashbacked me for a mo to being kicked outa school and straight into the rave scene, Oh the memories ehe

• Like 4

coming along as lovely as youd've liked, impressive roots bro with that dirt, might need to try it, but they dont stock that near me.

another contender....atb......:yinyang:

• Like 4

is there a name for tai chi in plants ? ..amazing spread so far on these ..you gonna strip the lowers when the time comes @ratdog or go aux natural down below ?

• Like 5

On 11/15/2018 at 0:52 AM, Greenbeangrows said:

The ladies are looking happy man! Keeping them nice and green. How is the stem rub smell on those gorilla girls? 

Hello Gbg, Pretty pungent and a bit fruity atm, thanks for popping in mate :)

On 11/15/2018 at 1:00 PM, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

Nice lettuces are you growing :punk:

All the best!

Jaypp

Thanks Jaypp :)

17 hours ago, Resonance said:

How can they still go on about global warming, When clearly your groom alone pumps so much o2 back into the system with them there plants lol

Splended work mucka and lots of it. Time consuming but so worth it come switch time.

On course for a jungle, gonna be massive Atb bud

Jungle massive lol that just flashbacked me for a mo to being kicked outa school and straight into the rave scene, Oh the memories ehe

lol  Thanks buddy :)

5 hours ago, grotbags said:

coming along as lovely as youd've liked, impressive roots bro with that dirt, might need to try it, but they dont stock that near me.

another contender....atb......:yinyang:

You are too kind mate :)

8 minutes ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

is there a name for tai chi in plants ? ..amazing spread so far on these ..you gonna strip the lowers when the time comes @ratdog or go aux natural down below ?

I`m not sure mate, but they are putting up a good fight against the bondage. I`ve already pulled a good few main lower leaves when tying, and will probably do some more as I go, its a different game when they are growing this way. Thanks for the kind words Vince :)

Here`s another shot of them spread right out, although from this angle you can see floor, @Golden Syrup will be disappointed lol

large.canopy.jpg

• Like 13

@ratdog All is looking good in your garden dude, they are filling that space out nicely. As people have commented above that compost looks like it’s a winner, the roots look amazing.

Keep up the good work dude.

Edited by Smokebelch
  • Like 3