The Sweetest Thing, The 5th Sweetseeds Competion Grow 2018/19

ratdog

Right, now we are off the starting blocks, all seeds were up by the end of the second day after planting. They were all moved straight under a 250w hps but there was still a little stretch, so I have lowered the light and that should solve that.

Here`s the girls.

A pic of one of the Blackjack`s with the shell still hanging on

large.5bc20805d4e21_Blackjackseedling.jpg

All present and correct

large.5bc20809208ee_allseedlings.jpg

In their new home for the next 8 weeks or so, ready for some serious bondage. large.5bc2080e7e097_seedlingsunderlight.jpg

The oscillating fan is connected to a 5 step transformer to reduce the noise and air flow of the fan, and the pot at floor level is for the heat probe of the heat mat so it doesn`t cook the seedlings.

Well that`s all that`s happening at the moment.

• Like 15

Nice to see them up and running dude. I love that photo of the seedling wearing the seed pod like a pair of earrings.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Smokebelch said:

Nice to see them up and running dude. I love that photo of the seedling wearing the seed pod like a pair of earrings.

Thanks, I always get impatient at this point, but truth is I have all the time in the world for veg, I`ve at least 6 weeks of flowering left in the tent.

Just a shot of one for today

large.5bc32bb940ce8_seedling14th.jpg

• Like 18

Afternoon all, hope you are getting some of this awesome autumn sunshine, it`s 22 degrees here! been lovely for a few days, any way, back to the subject in hand.

The seedlings are 10 days old now and I have topped 4 out of the six. They have stretched some what and I put that down to cracking them on the windowsill i the prop, should have had the light going for when they surfaced but never mind, it just means I`ll need to get creative with training. I have already curled one of the Blackjacks so as to seriously reduce her height. I`m going to do something similar to the rest but will wait until they are a bit tougher in the stems as I tried it again with another one and the stem creased, so it was stood back up with support and you couldn`t tell which one it was now, so give them another week and I`ll commence the training.

Here`s a few shots,

Gorilla girl roots

large.5bcc67addc768_gorillagirl21sroots.jpg

GG 1 Topped

large.5bcc67b3a0faf_gorillagirl21st.jpg

GG2

large.5bcc67b48a721_gorillagirl221st.jpg

This is the Blackjack that I did a hard bend with

large.5bcc67bc6a197_Blackjack21st.jpg

2nd BJ (topped) looks like this one might be a bit greedy, will add some feed next watering

large.5bcc67bef3fdf_blackjack221st.jpg

SAD 1 topped

large.5bcc67c4351cd_SADseedling221st.jpg

SAD 2 topped

large.5bcc67c90f075_SAD21stseedling.jpglarge.5bcc67ce2a61f_allin21st.jpg

Today I replaced the 400 hps that was running at 250 watts with a metal halide 250 which looks a lot more like the 315 cmh in light colour, so they will remain under this for a few weeks.

Right, that`s all for today, see you next time :)

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 14

Awrite buddy, Thought I'd show me face, as ugly as it is lol

Nice selection and in capable hands, win win.

All the best for a good'un mate :yep:

• Like 5

Hey ratdog ;)

Nice start mate, they are looking very good :D

Welcome to the competition :yep:

Enjoy it and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Resonance said:

Awrite buddy, Thought I'd show me face, as ugly as it is lol

Nice selection and in capable hands, win win.

All the best for a good'un mate :yep:

Hello dude, how`s it going? Thanks for the kind words :)

58 minutes ago, Sweet Seeds-tommy said:

Hey ratdog ;)

Nice start mate, they are looking very good :D

Welcome to the competition :yep:

Enjoy it and sweet smokes!

tommy

Hello Tommy, thanks, I was a bit disappointed with the stretch but I thought about it and it doesn`t matter seeing as they are getting so bondage treatment any way, so all good :)

• Like 4

@ratdogGood to you off and running dude. Nice looking seedlings. No need to worry about the stretch, you can loose all that stretch on the next pot up.

• Like 3

nice to see a bit of lst on a seedling ..my indigo kushes were leggy buggers had to loop the loop on the stem

large.101_4277.JPG

• Like 8

Nice set up mate and off to a good start.

The compost you've changed to looks really nice and airy, good luck with the grow and the comp ;)

• Like 4

On 10/24/2018 at 10:43 AM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

nice to see a bit of lst on a seedling ..my indigo kushes were leggy buggers had to loop the loop on the stem

large.101_4277.JPG

Hello mate, it was this plant that led me to do mine Vince, I have removed the stick and it`s pretty much straightened it`s self now though, but that`s fine, I plan on some more bondage after potting them up in a few days. The stretch has stopped now they are under the new bulb and the stems are fattening out nicely.

On 10/25/2018 at 0:05 PM, jadenugs said:

Nice set up mate and off to a good start.

The compost you've changed to looks really nice and airy, good luck with the grow and the comp ;)

Hello jadenugs, thanks,and yeah, the compost seems bug free atm so hopefully it will be a good choice :)

Day 15 in veg today and they are starting to show quite a difference in phenos now

First off, the two Gorilla Girls

large.5bd31ff3b279f_GorillaGirl126th.jpglarge.5bd31ff5e36aa_GorillaGirl226th.jpg

Secondly the Blackjacks

large.5bd31ffaabf6e_Blackjack226th.jpglarge.5bd31ff9e60cd_Blackjack126th.jpg

Last but not least, the two SAD`s

large.5bd31ffd64d8d_SAD126th.jpglarge.5bd31ffec6f37_SAD226th.jpg

I`ve started feeding them on about 3.5 ml in 1.5 ltrs of water.

They should be ready for potting on in a few days.

Temps are 26oc lights on/22oc lights off.

• Like 11

Just making a note of the fact they have just been potted up and also a dusting of mycorrhizal fungi added at the same time to the roots.

large.5bd5bcfd1f4f5_pottedup.jpg

• Like 8

Good variety of strains, I am looking forward to seeing them fill up your tent. Looks like they have responded well to topping, especially the SADs.

• Like 4

On 10/29/2018 at 10:00 PM, delagdo said:

Good variety of strains, I am looking forward to seeing them fill up your tent. Looks like they have responded well to topping, especially the SADs.

Hi delago, thanks for dropping in, I am pleased with the way they are coming on, they are staying squat under the MH and filling out nicely. The SAD`s I`m quite familiar with, they are bullet proof in terms of ease to train. :)

On 10/30/2018 at 5:37 AM, Smokebelch said:

@ratdogThey are nice looking little plants, keep up the good work dude.

Hi Smokebelch, thanks for dropping in mate :)

This is days 20 of veg here in the kennel. They all seem to be keeping nice and compact under the MH light, and the smaller ones to start are starting to fill out nicely and enjoying their potting up. They have all been topped for a third time today.

GG1

large.5bd9a211f29c2_GorillaGirl131st.jpg

GG2

large.5bd9a21453c62_GorillaGirl231st.jpg

Blackjack 1

large.5bd9a21e26384_Blackjack131th.jpg

Blackjack 2

large.5bd9a220572ac_Blackjack231th.jpg

SAD 1

large.5bd9a2252d4ff_SAD131st.jpg

SAD 2

large.5bd9a227de1cd_SAD231st.jpg

They are all back on water for a few days until they root out this pot up, I`ve added some seaweed extract to the water during the feed also.

Well that`s all for today :)

Edited by ratdog
  • Like 11