clean butane

coling

I recently bought a honey bee extractor and was very impressed with the results. the problem is that i cant find the right butane. All the shops in my area sell ronson and swan both of which have the chemical added that produces the butane smell, this contaminates the oil so i dont want to use it. does anybody know of a good uk brand to use or a web sight that ships butane within the uk.

nice one

• 3 months later...

newport butane is the best i have used,very clean. a good test is 2 push the end of your can into a window till u get a spray of butane on the glass and then see how long it takes disappear,the quicker it goes the cleaner the gas. :)

Maplin do butane in 250ml, buy one get one free for £2.49

CFC free

no contaminants

you can buy 2 cans from Maplin without looking like a terrorist, or solvent abuser!

I know this slightly deviates from the main question but...

I always buy it by the 24 can slab as it makes it a lot easier and saves you going through the questions as little as possible. The first time I ordered a slab of Newport (from my local household bargain shop) I took along my gas powered soldering iron/ flame thrower/ bong ignitor which runs on Butane and said that I needed refills for it for work. They didn't think it in the slightest bit suspicious, and now they expect me to buy it by the slab.

Basically, I'm posting this as an idea for excuses you might need for purchasing a lot of Butane. Things would be sooooo much easier if people didn't abuse it for the 'high'. This excuse would go down well in an outlet such as Maplin for example where they sell gas powered soldering irons.

Gro :yinyang:

PS As mentioned already, Newport are the best and most available in the Uk. But there are other brands, Colibri for example. I've not seen the one in Maplin but it sounds alright , just check if they say they're 100% butane. The companies selling pure Butane like to advertise the fact, so it'll be easily spottable on the can.

• 7 years later...

Poundland around my way is out of 'London' brand gas, it now has a brand called 'Bull Brand' Butane, has any one else tried this make, I made a couple of grammes of oil last night and it seems really good. The can has 'near zero impurities' marked on it. Has any body else use this brand? or have any more info?? Thanks.

C :yinyang:

e2a very old thread, did not want to start a new one, and this came while searching.

Edited by charas

Bought some of this Bull brand from the local pound shop but was concerned the 'zero impurities logo' looked a bit iffy.Glad to hear you guys think it's ok but just for future reference,the mirror test sounds logical and a good idea,but is there any other way of knowing if you are fucking your lungs up with residues before you get symptoms?( :headpain: Oh the irony of a smoker asking such lung-related questions).Cheers :smokin:

Gumbo.

personally i stick with london or newport gas, its tried and tested so we know its as safe as can be. Its not hard to find online but can be expensive from the wrong sources. I buy mine wholesale in bulk but it does mean getting ALOT of gas delivered at once.

Yeah my local poundland's stocking the bull brand stuff. I don't think it's made by keen (newport/london) but no reason to doubt the authenticity of the 'near zero impurities' logo imo

I been getting mine from fleabay of late, 6 cans of newport for 9.99 with free delivery, also does 12 n 24 at a reduced price too. Can't fault it.

• 4 months later...