Gorrilla?

Sargares

Still not smoked it yet, but i got just one as a freebie an put it in a multi strain grow.

Happy plant, easy growing, and as above dense.... oh and lovely crystal coverage. 

Out of 6 different strains it smells the best by far. Very fruity\sweetie like smell, to the point where i almost considered buying a whole pack and running it as my next grow to find a mother plant.

Just a shame i already spent £100 on seeds for my next run, or Gorilla would have been run next.

Not smoked it yet, but on smell alone the one seed i had absolutely no choice over receiving (freebie) is the best plant of of the other five that i personally picked out myself.  

Edited by Alan Johnson

@Madmungo the Dinafem Gorilla likes low strength feed for me anything over an EC1.3 was to much, next run I don't think I will take it above EC1.2 in flower. My background water EC0.3. Other than that they are a pleasure to grow and structure of side branches etc is more less identical. Trichomes are large and seriously covers main/ side branches, top and bottom of leaves etc.  Just make sure you have a dam good filter after say week3 flower it really starts to get strong.

Toke...

Edited by tokenroll
  • Like 5

On 11/11/2018 at 10:06 AM, Madmungo said:

@Dinafem-Mark firstly the delivery of my order from your site was excellent, very prompt with good communication, secondly, top deal with the buy one free one on the Gorillas, which brings me on to my point.... just how fussy is she? I know the original GG was born out of a hermie.

From what I'm seeing across the forum I'm not seeing to many hermi traits but I have seen a few which have been put down to stress. Either heat or feed.

I know on our site it says she is a light feeder but can't be overfed which is contradictory imo. With that said she does need a more heavy feed when in bloom but if you go to heavy it can cause issue.

She's a funny strain to work with. Take your time with her, try to keep stress down to minimal and increase feed slowly over time ;)

It's not a strain for a beginner. You have experience so I'm confident our Gorilla will do well in your garden  :)

Will you be running a diary buddy? This way we can follow along and offer advice if/When needed :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@tokenroll Thanks for the added info brother. I was going to say e.c no higher than 1.5-1.6 but after viewing other diaries I concur that 1.3-1.4e.c is a good feed for the beast ;)

Increase slow over time and things will be fine :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 1:17 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

From what I'm seeing across the forum I'm not seeing to many hermi traits but I have seen a few which have been put down to stress. Either heat or feed.

I know on our site it says she is a light feeder but can't be overfed which is contradictory imo. With that said she does need a more heavy feed when in bloom but if you go to heavy it can cause issue.

She's a funny strain to work with. Take your time with her, try to keep stress down to minimal and increase feed slowly over time ;)

It's not a strain for a beginner. You have experience so I'm confident our Gorilla will do well in your garden  :)

Will you be running a diary buddy? This way we can follow along and offer advice if/When needed :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks for the heads up, I probably won’t do a diary but I’ll happily post updates on how they do, my biggest concern is a hermie, one unnoticed pollen sack can ruin a whole crop as you know, 

Ive noticed plants under LED need to be a bit warmer than under HID, so I’ll guess it’ll be trial an error finding their ideal temp this winter.

ive got some critical+ and purple mobs dick in a tent this run as Dinafem seems to get good reviews from most people.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Madmungo said:

Thanks for the heads up, I probably won’t do a diary but I’ll happily post updates on how they do

That would be fantastic mate  :bong:

You'll have to let us know how our Purple Moby Dick and Critical+ do in your garden  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive grabbed a couple of gorilla seeds from attitude. 

I've got a big multi OG strain to do once I finish this grow ready for spring. Not a good season for growing, hard to get the environment right so I'm waiting for spring to try new seeds. I'm looking for an OG keeper but thought I'd chuck a couple of gorrillas in to see how they stack up against the OG's. Going to be a fiddly grow anyway so might as well do them with that lot! 

• Like 1

Update from my previous post ( I have now harvested and smoked it)

Smell - absolutely amazing 

Vigour - I found mine to grow well after early veg

Ease to grow - despite the “likes to be fed sparingly” advice, I pushed my EC to 2.2 ( multi strain grow) and this was one of the plants that showed no signs of bering overfed. 

Smoke - strong, tasty -  

Verdict.... A good around smoke, and grow. 

If I don't find mums out of my next grow I'll be running gorilla. 

The smell of mine is just out of this world. I can't even describe it, and I wouldn't call it pungent, it's just absolutely lovely to smell. 

Edited by Alan Johnson

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2018 at 3:20 PM, Alan Johnson said:

Update from my previous post ( I have now harvested and smoked it)

Smell - absolutely amazing 

Vigour - I found mine to grow well after early veg

Ease to grow - despite the “likes to be fed sparingly” advice, I pushed my EC to 2.2 ( multi strain grow) and this was one of the plants that showed no signs of bering overfed. 

Smoke - strong, tasty -  

Verdict.... A good around smoke, and grow. 

If I don't find mums out of my next grow I'll be running gorilla. 

The smell of mine is just out of this world. I can't even describe it, and I wouldn't call it pungent, it's just absolutely lovely to smell. 

Now that's feedback we love to hear  :bong:

Our Gorilla is being received very well and she also performed well beyond expectations outdoors in the UK. 

I think we will be seeing much more if the beast in 2019 ;)

Glad you enjoyed her my friend and I hope you grow her again :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Hi everyone,

This indoor Gorilla clone worked out so much better this time, confirming she likes cooler night temps and cooler day temps to flourish! My low night ambient temps of as low as 13C towards the end & peak day temps of 21C. She did have a heat mat warming the roots to 19min. 

She went a beautiful deep purple, like her outdoor clone pheno did & was healthy right to the end.

She came in at just over 11weeks this time & the bud formation is stunning. She is very sticky too.

Here's some dried & curing, note the purple tones

large.Gorilla_New1.jpg

Top drawer & good mediweed too, works pretty well for my back pain, where so many other strains don't :bong:

• Like 3

@AKPOG Those cooler temps most definitely improved the overall outlook of the end product. Beautiful purple hues and some very densely structured flowers  :yep:

Nice work on this round mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

On 08/01/2019 at 3:16 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@AKPOG Those cooler temps most definitely improved the overall outlook of the end product. Beautiful purple hues and some very densely structured flowers  :yep:

Nice work on this round mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

I second that! Looks absolutely amazing!