Afternoon guys its come to that time again to start of a new diary i learnt a fair bit of my last lot of lr2s and i apricate the help from those of you that have guidetd me through a few factors.  Any way enough of the dribble, ive just poped twp dutch passion power plants into wet tissue.   The set up im running loft grow as follows

1 400 wt mh and hps on a fusion switchable balast

1 4 inch rvk for cold air  in Probbly 8pm till 6 am

1  8 inch rvk with 5 meter of duct extracting the hot air from the room to just behind the soffit and facia board of my back garden

1 5 inch to 4 inch reducer (due to the fact my cold ai in feed through the walls was in fact 5 inch not 4 as orginally thought )

Hessi Nuets

2  x lots of 20 mtr myla  as well as the adhesive tape. 

the reducer 5 to 4 inch to run the 4 inch rvk 

some hangers ph up  ph down a ph pen

also 3 15 ltre grow bags (allthoguh i plan on only useing two )

Light Hangers

Various Clips

I Plan on 6 7 litre well 200m  two pots then transfering them into the bags in about 3 weeks time i also would like to learn to top dureing this grow

In the pics you will get a size of the room im useing 3 meter long x 1.5 mtre wide x 2 meter high   "why didnt use a tent ??? "" I can here some of you asking the reason for not going into a gtent as much as I would have liked to. Is  I have a 60 cm wide main support  beam that runs parelel to the room bang in the center.  Ive got a 90 wt led in there at the moment as ive started a miuma mia off a few weeks back well about 2

large.IMG_20180801_185650_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180801_185708_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180724_164222_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180731_124835_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180706_111138_edit.jpg   The

The myla clips ph up down reducer extra duct etc are due to hopefully be down a week monday as il be ordering that lot and the ph up and ph down a week today

you shouldn't need to use both ph up and down in the same reservoir. And if you're in compost,it should automatically buffer the ph.

7 hours ago, ursus1000 said:

you shouldn't need to use both ph up and down in the same reservoir. And if you're in compost,it should automatically buffer the ph.

Thanks dude @ursus1000 first time useing gold label special mix it sjust the standard pete one im getting a pen to tell my self readings so was thinking i may as well get the ph up and down just incase ?? or is it false buying ?? Thanks

I don't know anything about gold label. If it's compost I wouldn't buy ph up/down. However an EC meter is a good buy to check the strength of nutrients you mix up before feeding.

IMO you don't need either meter, that said i've only ever grown using organic nutes. I used to grow PP back in the day, everything about her was quick and simple, 100% of clones would root out in 7-8 days, she's as vigorous as you could hope for,  nice high, the group of growers I was in with all used to use it and Sensi Star as goto strains if you had a bad crop, I liked everything about her except the taste! When I flowered the mum after a couple of years she was huge, still holds my personal record of 9oz from an 11l pot! 

@Muppet Thanks for the heads up im hopeing to use this grow to teach me a few more things and to learn to top etc etc any way guys n girls good news just checked the wet tissue today and the 1st one has split and gone into the gold label.  Ive wetted the pete based composte soil call it what you will. Then placed cling film over the top f the 200 mm (8 Inch ) pot im useing  large.IMG_20180804_202658_edit.jpg

and shes joined the mumma mia under my 90 wt L E D

Edited by bubbleguppie

@Muppet wicked ta bro im getting my 8 inch and 4 inch rvk back as nwell as the 400 once a fiends back from holliday. Hes got one of them cmh lamps the 600 jobb but scared his tent was going to get too hot due to not haveing propper extraction so lent him my equipmeant till Wed

OK so day 2 of Veg shes doing well the temps down here have dropped off to a cool 20 to 22 degrees up stairs  is still 25.7 (90 wt Led ). I can apricate this maybe a little on the low side for such a stativa strain, but i dont want to stress the seedlings. This is my first time ive used the clingfilm "method". In order to germainate, the seedlings. Both are doing very well considering day two.  The Seeds are splits and both are showing signs of there first green leaves.  Once my order from Gardeners Corner arrives on Tuesday , Wed next week I will switch to The 400 mh.  I do how ever have  a few questions to ask,

1 As this is the first time ive used the gling method how liong do I leave the cling on top the seedlings ???

2 How close can I run the Led to them with out cuaseing them to much stress  ( Currently sat at 40 cm away )   ????

3 Once my order s here can I get away with useing Just a 4 inch rvk as extraction during the time the mh is in ??

4 Also when can i top or when is topping recommended ( I know Normaly at the 5 node ) but as i want to re pot int two 15 ltre fabric grow bags, I am not a 100 % sure

. I just want to make  Sure that I get it right from the word go and have no cock ups or disasters yet again folks thanks in advance

large.IMG_20180807_140616_edit.jpg    

Edited by bubbleguppie

week one of veg

The gold label has stayed moist to wet for most of the week the seedlings looked a bit lanky today so pushed them down a bit. I also introduced the 400 mh but as the old reflector i was useing made some wired and wonderfull humming noise i switched the ballest down to 250. ( Noise soon stopped )  I will be ordering a new one on Tuesday with the rest of my equipment.  Temps are stable and as follows 19 :00 pm outside @ 21.2 inside room is at 27.8 (no extraction or air flow set up, will be doing this tomorrow ). Notes at the moment are mainly for my self for when I come to do the rest of the seeds in December.  Two orders to placed Tuesday one for more gold label and the rest consisting of ph pen grow backs and generale bits and bobs as wel as gold label nuiets.

on1y managed to get one pic today but here shes is at 11 days old since  sprouting through the peat theyre both on theyre second set of leaves now so hopeing oneof yo lot can tell ne if theyre looking on pa.   I also introduced the 4000 mh today as my new reflector came down :) (Y) Hopeflly one of ypou lot can point in some direction or tips thanks again

large.IMG_20180818_093247_edit.jpg

Thought id do this now as dont plan on being online much other bank holliday but so far here we are at day 17 temps are fine at about 25 26 but peak up to 29.3 within the last hour of lights on. Im guessing this when the ballast draws at its peak/ Currently reasearhing in to a twin speed veric controller to run my 8 inch rvk with (i Know not cheap ).  Plan to set the fan on a medium to low setting with it kicking in two hours before lights off.  MY order still isnt down for the fabric pots etc (over a week a bit pised about that ). So ill get a full refund via pay pal and just do them in a 10 litre bucket and a 12 ltre pot.  Im keeping the gold label fairly wet as im not to sure on how this stuff works but giving it a go any way thanks for checking in and some pics large.IMG_20180824_100451_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180824_100431_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180824_100438_edit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Day 25 I  potted up to the 10 litre buckets on the 29th Also now started to use pure rain water from my 60 litre water butt apprently rain water has a better ph then normal tap water . Find something new out every day ;).  Also adding 1ml of gold label soil a and b neuts to every 1 ltre of water currently got ten litres of rain watter bottled up sitting it off in there now as well.  I did notice my shity black berry makes things a bit more greener for some reason with the lights on.  But they are looking well both at 12 inchs high the one in the bucket actually now has roots coming through the bucket.  Will update in a few weeks time once ive turned to 12 12 large.IMG_20180903_104927_edit.jpglarge.IMG_20180903_104740_edit.jpg

The Ph up and Ph down, have nothing to do with the gold label, special mix............... that come straight out the bag at Ph6.5, on a run off test !!.................. the Ph down is for bringing down the rainwater Ph from 8.2 !!................. to Ph6.5, after the nutrients have been added.  Soil will only buffer Ph for so long. Before it gives way to the dominant Ph coming in from, and via the feed water.

if you use a feed water (Not Correctly Ph'ed "6.5"), say it is rainwater at Ph8.2 (Alkaline), then over the total grow, total watering.  You will eventually turn the grow medium (Organic Soil, gold label special mix), alkaline. 

During a grow, say 100 days (Fem), at 3 ltrs every 3 days. You will run through the culture medium (12Ltr Pot) a total of 100 ltrs of water. If that water is alkaline, and un Ph'ed, say Ph 8.2........... then eventually the culture mediums Ph will begin to rise above Ph7, by the end of the grow, and 100ltrs of feed through a 12ltr pot.......... the grow medium 'Buffer" is "Worn Out"....... and the Ph begins to rise in the soil.............. during flower. Just when you need the Ph bang on !

Once the Ph of the soil has risen, above Ph7............. you "Lock Out" the PO4, Phosphorus, the most important nute element for flowering buds !!!!...................... high soil Ph at the end of a grow, with Phos and manganese locke out, the buds/flowers will "Stunt" in size............ see Ph to nutrient uptake soft spot below,  (Ph6.5), all nute are available for uptake, giving 'Normal" somatic growth potential in the plant.    You should aim to keep the medium Ph between 5.8 and 6.5........... that means feeding a feed water @Ph6.5 for most of the grow........... same for Hydroponic culture, see bottom chart............. AM

gallery_80973_7265_990.gifgallery_80973_7265_54609.jpg

hers one, (Below) i did, where i kept the medium Ph around the Ph6.5 mark, (Feed)......... for the complete grow, no deffs where encountered, as all nutrients are available to uptake in the plant at that Ph (6.5)............. so you do need to Ph feed before use, and for the whole grow, to keep soil Ph in the correct range, and not let it wonder off up the alkaline scale !!   AM

Ps; if you hold Ph right, through the grow, the trichome load is better during flowering......... as below...... in this case Power Plant  AM

large.PTDC0154.JPG

Edited by AutoMaster