What am I doing wrong ?

Swanner

Hi All,

As the the title says..

I bought 5 Dinafem white widow seeds but only 2 of them ever germinated and both were poor quality plants.

I used the same method I use for all seeds and I usually get 100% germination rate. 

I grew them as I grow all my plants and they always work out ok. Some better then others but both WW’s were weak from the outset. 

It’s a strain i was really excited to try and went off recommendations off another thread here on this site..

So am I doing something wrong or is Dinafem WW difficult to grow ? 

Thanks,

Swanner

• Like 1

Alright there @Swanner

Hello and welcome :yep:

I haven’t grown Dinafem white widow yet, but it’s on my list for sure.

I can understand your frustration, but are you sure every thing was ok,not too hot or too wet? 

Only reason  I mention this is the recent heat has caught me out with germinating, and heat stress will cause poor plants, I tried again in a cooler spot, all popped up and continue to grow, well.

Take it easy.Jj:yinyang:

• Like 5

To have 3 no shows an 2 gimps in a pack of 5 is unacceptable..i assume from your post you know what your doing germing them an so on...whoever you paid your money to..seedbank/breeders..get in touch with them..an play fuck..probs won,t get you anywhere though..for what it,s worth i,ve grown out ww 3 times beans from paradise seeds..no probs..i feel for you.. not only have you wasted your money but also your time...live an learn eh.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

I probably should have mentioned I can rule out heat and moisture as I germinated other seeds at the same time with the usual positive results. 

I wont get anywhere going back to the original shop as I had already decided I wouldn’t buy from them again due to shitty service.

they also expect you to transfer money before they ship the product which just adds to the shipping time. 

Anyway, lesson learned, I have to buy some new beans today and will try another shop. 

Cheers !!

• Like 1

........I don't think the problem lies with the breeder personally.

On 7/23/2018 at 0:12 PM, Wah Wah said:

To have 3 no shows an 2 gimps in a pack of 5 is unacceptable.

It is. If you could kindly explain what a breeder could have done to cause this I am all ears?

Just the fact the only two that made it look shit tells me something is wrong.

3  no shows is either down to seed storage or your methods. 

Dinafem aren't putting out seeds that don't germinate 60% of the time. They would be lynched on here if they did.

Buy off dinafem. No problems. The seeds it what it should be. It will have been stored right and the only person left to blame will be yourself? 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, blackpoolbouncer said:

........I don't think the problem lies with the breeder personally.

It is. If you could kindly explain what a breeder could have done to cause this I am all ears?

Just the fact the only two that made it look shit tells me something is wrong.

3  no shows is either down to seed storage or your methods. 

Dinafem aren't putting out seeds that don't germinate 60% of the time. They would be lynched on here if they did.

Buy off dinafem. No problems. The seeds it what it should be. It will have been stored right and the only person left to blame will be yourself? 

I agree with everything BB says there ^^^ but there is the other possibility that bad handling in postage can occasionally cause issues .. If the parcel was delayed or say sat in a hot humid van all day, or on top of a heater outlet.. etc . 

All unlikely in the grand scheme I know but still shit does happen so benefit of the doubt n all that..

Fwiw I've personally cracked hundreds (literally) of dinafem beans and I'm sat here trying to think but I honestly can't remember a single no show, had the occasional runt here and there but that's true of every pack I've ever had off any breeder.  And they could/can just as easily be put down to inconsistencies in your groom environment..

I know you said you used yr usual germination technique but I'm not sure you mentioned what that is? Only the fact it hasn't failed you set doesn't make it full proof as I'm sure you already know.

As with all things canna the kiss approach gives as near to 100% germination as anyone can rightfully expect. So a little bit of mud, a little water, a little warmth and a little light is all it takes for even stubborn seeds to eventually crack ime.

Anything else is complications and unnecessary unless in the more extreme circumstances (very old seeds, or very mature/thick shelled, some sativa strains I think require more humidity in very early veg). 

Personally I would just write it off and move on. Energy expended pursuing the matter could be far meant spent imho.

Besides I would expect Mark at the dinafem desk will spot this topic soon enough and he usually does very well at rectifying these kind of things for people.

Tuppence only obviously

• Like 5

Hi Guys,

Thanks as always. I love this site. So many people always willing to help..

Blackpoolbouncer - I didn't bother with pics. I just dumped them when they weren't growing right. I have a small 60 X120 text to work with so keep essential plants only. Anything extra gets thrown immediately.  

I can fit 4 plants in with air pots but only when they're at different stages of growth or they won't fit.. 

Dodgee - Possibly bad handling to be honest. I've been having trouble with this supplier for a while now. That said, as yourself and Blackpoolbouncer have said,

it could easily be something i'm doing and i'm completely open to that. 

Only caveat is that I haven't had issues with any other seeds and i've grown quite a few at this stage. 

FWIW - My germination technique is into plant it in a jiffy and keep it warm and moist under CFL lights until it germinates. It has never let me down yet.

I know everyone has their own way..

Anyway, I called into a new supplier yesterday, seemed much friendlier and had a good range of stock.

So i bought Fastbuds GG Auto cause I just can't get enough GG and Dutch Passion White Widow Auto cause i'm determined to grow it !!

Here's hoping and thanks again.. 

Edited by Swanner
  • Like 2

I had those Fastbud GG4 auto and I'm sorry to say they were shite. I had males, hermies and weak shit little weeds. I know I'm not the only one either. I hope you haven't bought them already. Get something else. I found that Bomb Seeds Gorilla Bomb was a good one but not sure if they do an auto.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bearukc said:

I had those Fastbud GG4 auto and I'm sorry to say they were shite. I had males, hermies and weak shit little weeds. I know I'm not the only one either. I hope you haven't bought them already. Get something else. I found that Bomb Seeds Gorilla Bomb was a good one but not sure if they do an auto.

Are they really that bad ? Males are unforgivable when buying seeds.

The reviews looked ok..

I've planted one in a jiffy along side a Dutch Passions White Widow..

I'll watch it carefully and might throw something else on the boil just in case.

Thanks for your honesty 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Swanner said:

Are they really that bad ? Males are unforgivable when buying seeds.

The reviews looked ok..

I've planted one in a jiffy along side a Dutch Passions White Widow..

I'll watch it carefully and might throw something else on the boil just in case.

Thanks for your honesty 

Try doing a search on here. See what comes up.

• Like 1

Couldn’t find anything too negative but sure I’ll try them and see what happens.

Planted one of each variety on Saturday and they’ve both popped already so not hanging around. 

• Like 1

On 23/07/2018 at 0:12 PM, Wah Wah said:

To have 3 no shows an 2 gimps in a pack of 5 is unacceptable..i assume from your post you know what your doing germing them an so on...whoever you paid your money to..seedbank/breeders..get in touch with them..an play fuck..probs won,t get you anywhere though..for what it,s worth i,ve grown out ww 3 times beans from paradise seeds..no probs..i feel for you.. not only have you wasted your money but also your time...live an learn eh.

This is something I disagree with my friend. If something like this occurs with our genetics weather purchased direct from ourselves or a secondary seed bank like attitude/choice/seedsman. We always investigate this issue and 99% of the time we will send replacement seeds out asap.

As I've been on vacation I'm only just seeing this post now and rest assured I will do my best to rectify the issue with the grower as this is unacceptable from any seedbank.

Let me get caught up on the particulars of this case and I'll get it sorted so all involved is happy :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 9

On 29/07/2018 at 11:59 AM, Swanner said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks as always. I love this site. So many people always willing to help..

Blackpoolbouncer - I didn't bother with pics. I just dumped them when they weren't growing right. I have a small 60 X120 text to work with so keep essential plants only. Anything extra gets thrown immediately.  

I can fit 4 plants in with air pots but only when they're at different stages of growth or they won't fit.. 

Dodgee - Possibly bad handling to be honest. I've been having trouble with this supplier for a while now. That said, as yourself and Blackpoolbouncer have said,

it could easily be something i'm doing and i'm completely open to that. 

Only caveat is that I haven't had issues with any other seeds and i've grown quite a few at this stage. 

FWIW - My germination technique is into plant it in a jiffy and keep it warm and moist under CFL lights until it germinates. It has never let me down yet.

I know everyone has their own way..

Anyway, I called into a new supplier yesterday, seemed much friendlier and had a good range of stock.

So i bought Fastbuds GG Auto cause I just can't get enough GG and Dutch Passion White Widow Auto cause i'm determined to grow it !!

Here's hoping and thanks again.. 

Right I'm all caught up now and can offer my input.

As said this could be down to many factors such as seed storage, age of the stock or it could have been our end,  but as white widow is so popular I'm not getting anymore failed germination reports in. It could also be fake seeds which I'm seeing crop up on eBay and some smoke shops. 

Let's not try to guess what went wrong as it could be many things let's find a way to move forward and show you what Dinafem genetics are all about :yep:

Normally we would ask for a few questions which I'll ask in pm then I'll get you some replacements sent out asap for our white widow  :yep:

Pm incoming my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 6

Any business reading this.

That is customer service. Take note.

Well in Mark. Hope you are good mate?

• Like 10