OG Kush

2 hours ago, autodog said:

Hi  Billy Im interested to hear your experience of growing the Dinafem OG and your friends finding it a great smoke against your own experience.       

I've grown some strains which are loved by many and I haven't rated them.It's a funny thing, taste

Yeah...it's strange...I tried growing the OG Kush strain because I kept hearing good things about it..several seedbanks were offering it but I opted for Dinafem because I trust the name and I noticed Mark takes a very pro-active approach in terms of advice if there are any issues.... anyway it grew very well without yielding spectacularly...I invariably spread some of my crop around to deserving pals and always encourage honest feedback...my own view was it's a reasonable strain without being exceptional but everyone else who had some seemed to rate it very highly..  a couple of pals who sampled it even said it was the best weed they had ever smoked which tbh surprised me a bit.....I'm guessing the same weed can hit individual tokers in significantly different ways for psychological/physiological reasons and the OG Kush just didn't push my buttons to the same extent.. 

Edited by Billy2Hats
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2018 at 10:48 PM, Billy2Hats said:

Hi Mark...I've previously done an indoor grow with the OG Kush strain from you guys....if I'm absolutely honest I was a tad disappointed...I suspect it's because I had built up very high expectations (as it seems to be a very well regarded strain)..although in all fairness, I should mention several other people who sampled my OG Kush crop (independently of one another) told me it was mind-blowingly good...(two different individuals actually saying it was the best weed they had ever smoked!) ...since then I've done your Critical 2.0+ (indoors) which I was more impressed with (taste and yield)....I'm just about to have a go at your Critical Kush....I can't promise a proper diary but I'll hopefully do a thread like this one to keep you posted with updates and pics from time to time because I know you value feedback....and I'm sure I'll benefit from your advice and input...best wishes fella and thanks for the encouragement..

I'm sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our OG kush mate :(

This is never nice to hear but it does sound like your friends liked it, maybe you just don't like the OG kush strain or maybe a specific pheno of OG kush. 

Normally the feedback from this strain is great, very heavy high and a very popular USA strain brought to Europe. That said I like OG kush but could not smoke it all the time, it has a place as it work's super well for my insomnia but if given a choice of my top 5 strains. OG kush would not be up their :yep:

I'm hoping that you have a better experience with Critical kush. I'm hoping you get a more critical leaning pheno or a 50/50 as I would hate you to get a heavy leaning og kush.

I hope you do a diary my friend  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 10:59 AM, Billy2Hats said:

..I'm guessing the same weed can hit individual tokers in significantly different ways for psychological/physiological reasons and the OG Kush just didn't push my buttons to the same extent.. 

Bingo :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• 2 weeks later...

Flowering has started on the OG. Not the earliest or the last to flower. This is a seed plant. Last season I used an OG clone and flowered earlier i think

Regarding the OG being in a top 5, for indoors no, but for outdoor finish it was among the best for me last season.

Have been away and the plant might have started visibly flowering whiskers for a day or 2. 6 full weeks now needed for maturity.

Here she is today. A King Kong behind the OG is making her look fuller. Both a good 7 ft, mighty plants growing straight with good branching

large.1536078231317.jpg

Hope to be back with some bud shots later in September

:oldtoker:

• Like 1

Well into the flower stage now my friend  :yep:

Solid structure and some big side branches, this should be a fun flower show to watch ;)

Good luck mate, I'll drop back in on the next update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..