OG Kush

Im going to keep a few notes on the OG Kush on these pages. First 2 pics from 2017 season to get warmed up

large.1507191706453.jpg

Very frosty. Deep rich flavour smells like dark marmalade. 

large.1507191706034.jpg

The OG above was from an indoor cutting and did very well outdoors last season. In a mixed grow it stood out 

as a mould free good finisher, so I was happy to find I had 1 seed left to sprout this year. Was actually at least 3 

year old, the seed, stored in a knicker drawer to promote female traits. Anyways she sprouted well in March under

flouro light planted out mid May. The seeds were freebies from Dinafem, and they have all sprouted

over the years and grown a few clones too. Its a very good plant and smoke.

large.1521645272782.jpg

large.1522746465862.jpg april

large.1528186719220.jpg a couple weeks ago

Here she is today, growing in the China bowl plot, lat 51

large.1529398852400.jpg

The OG has settled in nicely. Has just had a water with low feed.

Will be showing this plant through the season I hope she comes good.

Has been very reliable in the past under sun or lamp.

Good luck to the outdoor growers  :oldtoker:

Nice to see another Dinafem outdoor adventure up and running on the UK420 platform  ;)

This looks like fun so I'll pull up a seat and watch with interest  :)

Good luck mate I'll keep dropping in as you update  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Hi Mark thanks for the warm welcome and good wishes to you.

I have to be careful approaching this plot in case of being seen. So early morning is good cos no one's about.Just popped out into the wilderness to get a picture of the OG Kush fem and give the plants a drop of water, its been hot and dry the last few days .  Feed is Canna Terra at about 1.0 ec, about 2mils per litre. Aprox 3l per watering twice a week in dry weather if I have time. If its busy, the plants are fine without watering.

The OG Kush has established nicely now and started to get into her stride vegging in the plot. 

The plant is untopped and will probs get quite tall. She has some side branches developing well.

I trimmed off some lower tiny branches at her lower stem before I left the plot.

The capsid bugs are busy this time of year and pepper shot the leaves of some plants but 

this doesn't seem to bother them in the long run. 

large.1530000855035.jpg

Happy growing weather. Hope it stays sunny for all      :oldtoker:

@autodog It's been beautiful up here in the Midlands mate :yep:

Thank you for adding the additional info to the diary such as what feed you are using, your watering regime (anmont, e.c etc) and sneak attack your way into your plot :bong:

By the sound of things you've found a nice quotes spot which if done correctly will serve you for many reasons to come :yep:

Is this your first year at this plot mate?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark

Hi Mark happy days, its sunshine all round I hope it keeps fine in the midlands. 

Here's an a shot of the OG this morning. Has grown well in the hot weather 

she has nearly caught up with with cloned King Kongs grown from well rooted cut.

. large.1530607189100.jpg 

large.1530607189487.jpg

The OG is in the middle of the group shot.

This is the china bowl plot. The plot was first cleared 2 seasons ago

, the plots need little maintainance compared to the heavy

work of the initial clearing.  The barriers around the plots improve naturally as the

brambles and thorn trees are pruned and trained before plant out.

Feed and water.

Keeping to low feed and water 2 or 3 times a week cos its exceptionally dry

One can of water per 3 plants about 3 litres each per visit.

Ec trunchion is great for adjusting feed level. Imo tomato feed is fine if I have no 

branded Canna feed to hand. Use half strength or less.

The plot had no ferts to amend the native soil this season, cautious because I

overdid them last year.

Trimming

These plants all untopped growing natural christmas tree style with good side branching 

emerging. Am trimming off lower branching which I know won't make good bud.

The early flush of spring has gone. Plants are established and growing fast.

Plot visits make trails which heal more slowly as summer comes strong. Stay safe. 

:skin_up:

large.1531213750609.jpg

The OG Kush in the China Bowl plot doing very nicely.

Still very dry so delivering 3l water twice a week. Awkward. Could do

with some night time rain. The plants seem fine in the drought.

:oldtoker:

• 3 weeks later...

Long dry spell. Am struggling to keep up with watering. 1 can per 3 plants every 3 days.

Not feeding every water . The plants are growing well. The OG seems really happy and is

about 5 ft in good shape, starting to merge with the plants on either side of her and caught up the

clone plants in sizelarge.1532594379825.jpg

Happy growing :cowboy:

What ever you are doing my friend keep it up :yep:

We are in the middle of a very hot summer so your dedication to your plants is admirable and will pay off in the end ;)

Og kush is starting to show us what she can do. Let's see what she's got when flower start. This is going to be one fun flower show which I'll be watching with interest :yep:

Until the next update. Keep up the great work ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Hey Mark thanks for dropping by. The drought has broken at last and we're free from the need to add water every 3 days at least for a while.

And yeah you're right that dedication will pay off with all our projects.

Just crept into the China bowl plot to see how she's getting on. A beautiful August morning.

large.1533197822569.jpg

We're still a long way to harvest maybein October but the native fruits

are doing well, blackberries, sloes, elderberries so maybe happen the

canna fruits earlier this season. My outdoors fems are showing pre flowers

I think though my eyes aint too good.

The 3 plants in the plot are now merged like one big bush.

All the plants have survived high winds without any damage.

The OG Kush is growing strong and sturdy, untopped, untrained, good

branching, a superb plant for growing outdoors in southern England.

Good wishes to all

:oldtoker:

Thanks for clarifying mate...I thought initially they were photoperiod but then your username prompted me to check...no outdoor grow for me this year...I'm kicking myself for not running a couple of autos in the back garden...

I'm intrigued to see how the OG Kush performs outdoors...good luck with it..

• Like 1

@Billy2Hats Maybe next season my friend and maybe it will be our genetics  :yep:

Keep a look out early next year to see if we run this again :bong:

@autodog Thanks for the plot update buddy :yep:

I bet you are glad the heatwave is ending and the ground got a natural watering :bong:

Plot looks to be in tip top shape and should produce a nice harvest, flowering is coming then the real fun can begin  :bong:

Thanks for the plot update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

On 10/08/2018 at 4:13 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

@Billy2Hats Maybe next season my friend and maybe it will be our genetics  :yep:

Keep a look out early next year to see if we run this again :bong:

Hi Mark...I've previously done an indoor grow with the OG Kush strain from you guys....if I'm absolutely honest I was a tad disappointed...I suspect it's because I had built up very high expectations (as it seems to be a very well regarded strain)..although in all fairness, I should mention several other people who sampled my OG Kush crop (independently of one another) told me it was mind-blowingly good...(two different individuals actually saying it was the best weed they had ever smoked!) ...since then I've done your Critical 2.0+ (indoors) which I was more impressed with (taste and yield)....I'm just about to have a go at your Critical Kush....I can't promise a proper diary but I'll hopefully do a thread like this one to keep you posted with updates and pics from time to time because I know you value feedback....and I'm sure I'll benefit from your advice and input...best wishes fella and thanks for the encouragement..

Edited by Billy2Hats
  • Like 1

Hi  Billy Im interested to hear your experience of growing the Dinafem OG and your friends finding it a great smoke against your own experience.       

I've grown some strains which are loved by many and I haven't rated them.It's a funny thing, taste

Thanks for the recommendation on the Critical hybrids, they are on my radar. In return, I can fully recommend the Dinafem Blue Kush auto should you have a space au jardin

next season. I've not grown her outdoors but under lights she's a beautie and in my limited experience any auto will grow under the sun. Here is a picture from my back catalogue

Blue Kush auto, Dinafem @Billy2Hats

gallery_96585_12328_383329.jpg

gallery_96585_12328_65204.jpg

These Blue Kush autos were grown back in 2015, when I started growing and I started by growing autos cos they're quick and easy, hence my username, autodog.

I rarely grow an auto indoors now but Im kinda stuck with the name that describes my past style. If I chose a new name it would likely include the word dog in it ! It's my animal identity !

Im just chugging some auto bud I grew outdoors this summer. The 2 plants cropped so far are very sweet strong and fully dry, about 10 grams each, only about a foot and a half

and very easily concealed among tomatoes and garden plants.  Annother later plant is much bigger but still only 2 ft or so.

Oh yeah, back to the OG Kush, my outdoor champ...

I've grown the OG indoors and found it a good full flavoured smoke but it's outdoors that Ive found this particular strain to do particularly well for good quality bud and less likely to suffer bud rot than others. Here she is this morning.

large.1534233241719.jpg

The OG is over 6 ft high and bushy . Theres no room to bend or train, the plot is rammed.

@Dinafem-Mark cheers for dropping by to look at your plants growing wild.

Yeah it's a big relief not to be hand watering ! And yes flowering is still a way away.

Its a very long season growing photo period fems, this is how I measure my life now,

the seasons of canna growing. Thanks for hosting this little account of the OG :cowboy: