Blue Cheese

lennyd79

17 hours ago, Themutznutz said:

One question I do have for you though, have you had any reports of this strain foxtailing?

In general I would say no, she's not known to foxtail but it can happen with almost any strain if the conditions are right. As you know this can be a nitrogen issue but I'm going with heat my friend  :yep:

17 hours ago, Themutznutz said:

I'm currently following the canna grow guide for light feeding which recommends 6.2 ml per 3 ltrs of their a and b. 

Remember, just like our flowering times they are an "estimate" try knocking the feed back slightly and you've already knocked the hps down from 600-400w output. This will help but could you not raise the lights then go back to full power? 

This may not be an option if height is an issue? 

How far total are you into bloom now mate?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

According to my guage lights on is 26.5 near the tops and 21 at pot level with the of 45. Maybe I'm getting hot spots from my reflector. Have gave plain water again to ight and will commence feeding again tomorrow. 

Think I may have a bit more room to move the light so will try that tomorrow.

Not too sure how far into flower I am I'm not very organised this time round as I normally keep a diary. Still lots of white pistils so still a few weeks at least haven't seen any calyx swell. Fan leaves are yellowing quickly and bud leaves remaining green so I think all is doing ok just hope she fills out. Yet to check any trichs as I don't see the point yet.

Fondled a lower bud earlier and it smells beautiful! Carbon filter is struggling and u have smells getting out the exhaust.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Themutznutz said:

Carbon filter is struggling and u have smells getting out the exhaust

Try lock that down brother

3 simple rules 

No smell

No tell

No sell 

:bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Well here she is today, started her back on feed at 1ml per ltr last night. Noticed some of the yellowing leaves had turned brown and assumed it was light burn. Had a proper look just now and It's bloody rot! Gutted! 

Had to chop off the Majority of a big cola. Done a spot check on the rest of the plant and couldn't find anymore so fingers crossed. Have added a pc fan blowing up through the centre of the plant and I'm gonna let that pot dry up before I next feed.

Also you can see the foxtailing

large.IMG_20180830_224003-1368x1824.jpglarge.IMG_20180830_224029-1368x1824.jpglarge.IMG_20180830_224053-1368x1824.jpglarge.IMG_20180830_224112-1368x1824.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/09/2018 at 5:25 PM, Themutznutz said:

@Dinafem-Mark bit of tea tree in my DIY silencer And jobs a goodun!

That will do the trick mate :yep:

And much more cost effective than some products I've seen lol

Great idea, thanks for sharing  :bong:

On 31/08/2018 at 10:26 PM, Themutznutz said:

Had a proper look just now and It's bloody rot! Gutted! 

Now that's a kick in the privates my friend. I'm seeing a lot of crops lost to bud rot this summer which is very sad to see. You guys put in so much hard work but this is part of the game. With big dense colas, crazy heat and humidity issue it looks like conditions gave been perfect for this nasty disease  :(

You've done the right thing. Removed the effected buds, done a thorough check and added another fan to assist in air movement. Not much more you can do my friend  ;)

Be vigilant with your checks and hopefully you will complete this grow without anymore budrot  :yep:

Thanks for the thread updated mate ;)

All the best 

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark my own fault mate I knew my air flow wasn't up to scratch. I've upped the light back to 600 watt to hopefully bring the RH down a bit and I'm going in their tonight to do some major surgery! Currently using two pc fans but I found a bigger one before I'm going to put in. No way I'm loosing a crop!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Themutznutz said:

No way I'm loosing a crop!

That's the spirit brother  :yep:

Get as much airflow as possible and be super vigilant with your checks and I'm confident you'll get this crop finished. 

We can't win in the UK. This outdoor weather has been great for the outdoor grower but reaking havoc with indoor grows, so many crops lost to bud rot this year :(

Glad your fighting my friend  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..