Blue Cheese

lennyd79

I've just finished 3 fem seeds of blue cheese. One was an auto! Which I wasn't too dissapointed as I've never grown an auto before. The other one was a short indica ready in 7.5 weeks. The other was shorter in height but leaves were thinner like a haze but at least a 9 weeker. (Weird)

Just over 2.5 ounce dried bud off the indica pheno in a 3.5 litre pot of coco! The other one is still drying! 

I'm also still doing critical kush which are a bit taller and done in 8 weeks....

Im not very good at smoke reports but both strains are a great smoke and yield good,  although the Kush I find a bit strong.  Copped the giggles off the blue cheese the other night so yeah I like it. 

Very impressed with dinafem seeds and decent value.

Edited by lennyd79
  • Like 2

On 14/06/2018 at 11:44 AM, lennyd79 said:

I've just finished 3 fem seeds of blue cheese. One was an auto! Which I wasn't too dissapointed as I've never grown an auto before. The other one was a short indica ready in 7.5 weeks. The other was shorter in height but leaves were thinner like a haze but at least a 9 weeker. (Weird)

Just over 2.5 ounce dried bud off the indica pheno in a 3.5 litre pot of coco! The other one is still drying! 

I'm also still doing critical kush which are a bit taller and done in 8 weeks....

Im not very good at smoke reports but both strains are a great smoke and yield good,  although the Kush I find a bit strong.  Copped the giggles off the blue cheese the other night so yeah I like it. 

Very impressed with dinafem seeds and decent value.

Thanks for the feedback mate :yep:

With the blue cheese did all 3 come from the same packet? As finding an auto in a photoperiod pack is very strange.

Out of the 2 strains 

Blue cheese typically tests at 14-18% THC with critical kush testing around the same but slightly higher  at 15-19% THC. 

I need to get these results compiled and uploaded to our website in .pdf as I'm sure a lot of growers would love the results  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Yes Dinafem-Mark the Auto was in the same pack. I went away on holiday for a few days while my plants were vegging and when I came back one of the blue cheeses was flowering. I just finished it under 12/12 as it had grown too tall for my veg tent. 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 2:27 PM, lennyd79 said:

Yes Dinafem-Mark the Auto was in the same pack. I went away on holiday for a few days while my plants were vegging and when I came back one of the blue cheeses was flowering. I just finished it under 12/12 as it had grown too tall for my veg tent. 

That's very strange mate and something I'll pass along to our packaging department  :yep:

Sorry about that my friend :(

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• Like 1

@lennyd79 So sorry about that mate. Let me chat with the boss as he needs to know about this  :yep:

Our apologies again.

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Thanks Dinafem-Mark. Very good customer service, the apology is more than sufficient as I've got a nice keeper. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Growing this myself at the moment has put up with a Lot of stress from me but is coming along well. Packing on the weight!

• Like 2

@Themutznutz Grrat to hear :yep:

Could we talk you into putting a few pictures up as you are flowering out our blue cheese? Also, have you grown our blue cheese before? Or is this your first time with this strain?

All the best 

Mark.. 

On 30/06/2018 at 10:49 AM, lennyd79 said:

Thanks Dinafem-Mark. Very good customer service, the apology is more than sufficient as I've got a nice keeper. 

That's fantastic news ;)

Hope you keep her around for many years to come :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark of course mate, this is my first time growing this strain, I put it through hell as my growing area wasn't ready so I kept this thing alive in a tiny pot in a cardboard box for 5 months before I could finally pot up. Your guess is as good as mine on how far into flower she is as I didn't note when I flipped this time around. Will try and get some newer pictures when I feed her later.

large.IMG_20180811_000112-1459x1094.jpglarge.IMG_20180730_223553-2736x2052-684x513.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Themutznutz said:

Your guess is as good as mine on how far into flower she is as I didn't note when I flipped this time around.

I'm going to say around day 42 my friend or week 6-7 of the bloom phase  :yep:

Going of the pictures those buds look to be exploding and they still have a good 21 days/3 week remaining, would you agree mate?

Looking really good so far and thank you so much for taking the time to throw a few pictures up, very much appreciated and super cool to see  :bong:

You'll have to keep us posted as harvest gets closer  :yep:

Thanks again my friend  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Sounds Good to me Mate, I don't think the buds are getting any fatter now so hopefully starting to pack on weight. 

Here's a couple of shots from just now

large.IMG_20180820_215316-1824x1368.jpglarge.IMG_20180820_215304-1824x1368.jpglarge.IMG_20180820_215332-1368x1824.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Themutznutz said:

Sounds Good to me Mate, I don't think the buds are getting any fatter now so hopefully starting to pack on weight. 

Here's a couple of shots from just now

large.IMG_20180820_215316-1824x1368.jpglarge.IMG_20180820_215304-1824x1368.jpglarge.IMG_20180820_215332-1368x1824.jpg

Definitely week 7 with that finish line is in sight  ;)

The lower leaves are yellowing, using up those stored nutrients and bud production and trichome development is in overload  :bong:

Please keep the shots coming as harvest approaches  :yep:

Thank you kindly good sir  :bong: (knowing my luck your a lady lol )

All the best 

Mark..

@Dinafem-Mark will definitely keep you up to date as things progress. One question I do have for you though, have you had any reports of this strain foxtailing? Mine have started to throw them out but so did my last plant which was from hso. 

Weather has cooled right down here and I bumped my hps up to the 600 watt setting with the lamp about 1.5ft from the tops I've noticed some burn on the bud leaves near the tops so it could be due to heat/light but I also read that too Much N late in flower can cause it. I'm currently following the canna grow guide for light feeding which recommends 6.2 ml per 3 ltrs of their a and b. 

Just to be safe I've changed the light to the 400 watt setting and fed plain Phd water tonight and also dropped light hours to 11.5

Any thoughts? 

• Like 1