pot noodle* pot(*there will be no noodles)

Finally, either fashionably late:hippy: or sneakily waiting to steal everyone else's ideas before I start:wanker:

Actually I've been waiting for space in a flower groom but equally happy to see what else has been going on with everyone else's pots;)

Plan changed/ evolved many times till now but I think I'm settled on;

organic, no-till(meaning worms and wood louse) and some extra little helpers like water retaining crystals. This has been mixed and has been sitting/cooking for a couple of weeks.

My soil is a mix of Irish moss peat, e.w.c, rice hulls, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, Epsom salts, trim from last run and some water retaining crystals 

Also I plan to "pot up/on" from the standard size to the king size(any objectors please speak now or forever hold your :chains:)

This extra little bit of soil will have more water retaining crystals, e.w.c and a 1/4 bio tab for when the plant is a little more able to take more food.

credit to @crticalcontent for the biotab idea:cheers:

Will also be using/copying @leapsure skemor idea of the tights and collar to help hold it all in and with watering:cheers:

Already thought of the need to hang my pot and have noticed this has already been done too:thumsup:.

All going well I'm going to veg for 1-2 weeks then pot up and flick within a few days of that.

All this^^^ for a flippin pot noodle:rofl:

Some pics...

Beans were soaked in warm water for a couple of hours to bring them up to temp from being in the fridge then popped into pre-soaked jiffy thingy's.

large.5b1128a2cb3ec_potnoodlestart(3).jpg

Some of the bits and mods...

large.5b11288983d50_potnoodlestart(1).jpg

some holes:woot:

large.5b11281f565e5_potnoodlegrow(1).jpg

Hopefully back in a few days with some baby bubbas:smokin:

• Like 4

I'm still waiting on my beans mate, so I've totally been lurking through everyone else's ideas to try and devise the mastermind plan :)

*insert evil cackle*

All the best fella :)

• Like 2

cheers chaps:cheers:

with hindsight I feel I should have waited for some signs of life before posting but......fingers crossed then.

• Like 2

careful with the bio tabs they can be very hot for young seedlings ..

• Like 2

best of luck with the grow mate ...  quick question tho .....   whats the plumbers  PTFE  tape for ??

• Like 1

@buddy13 Great to see you have your pot noodle adventure up and running :)

Plan is solid so let's see what you can do :yep:

Your off to a nice start let's see how germination goes ;)

Thanks again for getting your pot noodle adventure up and running and needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest :)

Good luck mate ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

may have jinxed myself with the early posting:wanker:

5th day still no show:unsure:

99% of beans I have popped with this same method usually pop up in 2-4 days so still a little hope yet but.....

I already have had a failed one a few weeks back, sown along with some others with the same method all of which popped fine and are off.

looks like I'm out of beans and out of luck:down:

winner of quickest fail?

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Flattered by your design choice and impressed at your attention to detail with the ptfe white collar! Did you just happen to have a spool of it lying around? Anyway I hope they show soon and flourish so I can take all your credit ;) lol

Good luck Buddy!

• Like 2

Ah no, have you considered a poke about to see if it's doing its thing too deep? I'm sure it won't be the end of the road for you either way.. 

• Like 1

still no show so had a poke about; mushy beans no sign of any shoot/s:wallbash:

was fun while it lasted...but that's me out:execute:

:soap:luck to the rest of ya;)

• Like 1