600w MH finishing bulb

BeardedBeardiae

On 1/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, JeezaK said:

The differance useing a 315 mastercolour againt a greenpower is alo significant over 3 grows (2 diff bulbs same room)

which is better?

8 hours ago, Herbi said:

The ballasts the MH would be on would be dimmable so I can turn em down if it’s getting too hot in there. I’m needing new bulbs anyways 

You can't dim a Metal Halide mate, they need to be run at the power rated for the lamp.  You can however dim a Sodium :yep: 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 09/06/2020 at 4:03 PM, botanics said:

You can't dim a Metal Halide mate, they need to be run at the power rated for the lamp.  You can however dim a Sodium :yep: 

I have read a few opinions/theories/explanantions regarding using metal halide bulbs. The first was not to use a "super lumen" option if your ballast has that and secondly not to dim bulbs only run them at the correct wattage.

I have frequently used my "super lumen" options on both my 1000 and 600 watt watt Power Plant MHs. I am also guilty of runing my 600 watt MH at 400 watts and my 1000 watt MH through all of the available dimmable options the my 1000 watt ballast offers me. I have never noticed anthing dextremental to the bulb, ballast or plants.

Please could you shed "some more light" (SORRY!) on this topic please?

Edited by madgoose