600w MH finishing bulb

BeardedBeardiae

Has anyone had any experience with these. Have only noticed them in the shops recently but am new to this.

• Like 2

The yanks rave about them.....the 10k finishing bulb I take it......very similar out put to a normal MH....the theory being the increased UV a and b force the plant to produce more tricks to protect itself from the UV......a member is trying out just using a MH for the last week.....our conclusion is you would sacrifice a little yield for more trichome....

I await his findings with great anticipation 

• Like 4

I know off the myth, but personally I'm not seeing it. Plus with the lighting a grower can get now with CMH and LED's etc I don't really see much need for a 3rd "Growth period" specific bulb to use with HID anyways. 

Im sure the numbers add up, but in practice I cant see it being the best investment one can get for their grow room.

GV.

• Like 3

If it improves the quality of the smoke i would be happy to forfeit a bit of weight.

I would be on cmh and leds but aint got 800 quid spare.

Whats the thread @zen-ken i am keen to have a look.

• Like 3

Isn't this just a new spin on the old trick of finishing saliva dominant strains under MH? It needs to be established whether it works with indica dominant strains of it any old Kelvin rating of MH will do the same job.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 3

I have noticed a difference in using metal halides in the last couple of weeks, the buds really do frost up, wether its because they are easier to see under mh though. As for the finishing bulbs i find no difference to them over standard metal halides, the buds still frost up, wether or not it increases potency i aint sure without a side by side comparison, it could be subtle. 

I still use the finishing bulbs the last couple of weeks because ive not noticed a drop in yield, the still swell up and its easier to see when they ready.

I just changed one tent to cmh because this seems where the technology is going.

Heres a pic under 600w 10k finishing bulb:

large.20180430_083906-1305x979.jpglarge.20180430_083924-1224x1632.jpg

• Like 9

@Beardedbadger it was @stu914 who was in the position to do a comparison as he is currently doing a strain he has done many times before (clone cut) and will be able to give us personal comparisons.

(its his fifth run I believe of the same strain so he was in a unique position to give it a go...we discussed it in my grow thread but its 20 pages long now ...wont  point you to my boring ramblings but will update you with Stu's findings when he updates us).

@Sasquatch you are right there....a very old trick from an old dog :yep: we used to do it to white widows so I know it works on hybrids...never tried it on a pure indica....Till I came back to the site I wasn't even sure it was doing anything lollol

@cocopips nice canopy shots bro......looking sweet as fook!!!

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, zen-ken said:

will update you with Stu's findings when he updates us)

Doh! :doh:

Touble with weed is that it makes one forgetful, along with old age............:wassnnme:

Well.......... firstly I forgot where the hell I put the one and only MH bulb I possess........... and secondly...........

by the time I remembered to go looking for it, having totally forgot the 'experiment'............

it was all a bit too late, they're out in a week or so........  :russian:

Bugger!!

:oldtoker:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Doh! :doh:

Touble with weed is that it makes one forgetful, along with old age............:wassnnme:

Well.......... firstly I forgot where the hell I put the one and only MH bulb I possess........... and secondly...........

by the time I remembered to go looking for it, having totally forgot the 'experiment'............

it was all a bit too late, they're out in a week or so........  :russian:

Bugger!!

:oldtoker:

lollollollol

I know the feeling very very well bro :oldtoker::oldtoker::oldtoker:

lollollollol

• Like 3

Im gonna jump on the bandwagon as well.....If I cant get the finishing bulb will just use the MH (as sasquatch says any MH will do)

The science is sound and other members are giving good feedback so it can only help Im sure.

:yep:

• Like 1

i read about this before also and decided to try it on my current grow, swapped out the bulbs for standard MHs a few days ago and my CMOG babys are glistening... will update on turnout!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 24/05/2018 at 2:17 PM, zen-ken said:

Im gonna jump on the bandwagon as well.....If I cant get the finishing bulb will just use the MH (as sasquatch says any MH will do)

The science is sound and other members are giving good feedback so it can only help Im sure.

:yep:

I know it been awhile bud,, but how did you get on finishing with a MH bulb?!?! 

Edited by samokybacon
spelling
  • Like 2