Perkz going all noodle doodles with bubbas gift

Welcome all. 

Thank you mark for giving me the chance to go potty with this.

So... Its the all famous potnoodle challage!  I have read many storys about this and Its great to be taking part.

So it all starts tonight! 

My pot of choice is the famous king size Curry. large.20180501_210724-600x800.jpg

All three beans have gone in the paper/cloth method. Put in a bag and placed at back of freezerlarge.20180501_215116-800x600.jpg

Now its time to woof this lot down. large.20180501_211736-600x800.jpg

Mmm!... That tasted like a saucy bit of cardboard... Nothing changed there then! lol

Ok so iv been lerking about the others, trying to get some ideas on how to go about the first early stages. So far @vince noir rock n roll star i think?? He has got the idea and i am feeling that. I promise thats all i will be taking from you dude. lol 

From then onwards i have my own ideas on how i will be training ect.. and hopefully get that finishing winning yield! 

Enviroment- depending on space, we will eaither be in my tent with some others, in soil, under an enviro first, finished with a 600w, feed with bio biz range or put outside and will force flower due to pot size. As we progress will know more. 

So i would like to wish you all good luck who have participated in the challege.

The famous games have just begun. 

Perk

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 10

@perkie_uk101 Its great to have you along mate with this epic competition  :yep:

Your plan sounds solid and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for 100% germination. 

Can I ask?

You have started 3 seeds!

If all 3 sprout which they should will you be growing them all "pot noodle" style? 

Good luck mate :bong: Let's see what you can do in the 1st HSO pot noodle challenge  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

Edited by HSO-Mark

Day 2 Since germination. How are we all doing?.

So i Looked at them for first time this morning and we have 100% germination!! No problems here so far @HSO-Mark Happy Days!

large.20180503_195416-800x600.jpg

Compost mixture. Added worm cast , sprinkle of mycro dust in hole, Watered in with seaweed mix 1ml/2ltr, job done . Currenly sharing space in heated prop with some outdoor stuff. Time to just sit back and relax. 

large.20180503_201931-800x600.jpg

@HSO-Mark

Hello dude nice of you to pop in t hank you for the encouragement.

Its all fun and games isnt it and i am glad to be part of the first hso pot noodle doodle competition.

Rock on!!

I was unsure how many i was going to do at first, so i done all 3 dude...Since then iv been doing abit of thinking and i have decided that not only will i be doing 1... but 2 noodle doodles. Need to grab another pot tho.

I am going to chuck the other in with my outdoor antics. Thought it be rude not too. 

Exciting times that lay ahead ay!? 

Perk

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 3

Day 4 update.

Hey all how we all doing, hope you all been enjoying the lovley weather we had today.. :hippy:

So yesterday morning i checked to see how were were doing. all 3 had popped above soil Happy days! picture taken tonight

large.20180505_191520-600x800.jpg

These have been spot on so far and not messing about. All has happened with ease and i am pleased so far on how these guys are quick to get going. :)

Nothing really else to report on part from i put the 600w in just a min ago. keeping an eye on things.

I will report back in a week or so with an update. hope you all enjoying the bank holiday weekend. 

Perk

Edit. Just removed 600w. Stuck the cfl back in. Soil temps 28.8- 29.9c. No good. Fan dont cut mustard. Ordering new one next week. 

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 3

Ok so Been scrating my head over the root temps... Its just come to me,  its because i have a board of celotex underneath the tent! Ffs! lol

i done this to stop the vibration going through the floor as i have thin carpet and didnt want any noise going underneath. :unsure:.

going to see if i can find a big rug or something and try again...Not long got setup so trying to dial in at the minute. We will get there.. 

Perk

• Like 2

It's going to take a bit of tinkering to get it right mate but your getting their  :bong:

Nice to see 100% germination and great to read that you'll be doing atleast 2 of these in pot noodle containers  :yep:

When do you plan on potting into the pot noodle containers? 

Looking good so far. A few wrinkles to iron out but your on track :bong:

Until the next one  :headbang:

Kind regards 

Mark.. 

• 3 weeks later...

HI how are we all?

It's been a while since I was on last but I am still in the game... well just about! lol

What a nightmare I have had!

Lost me fone outdoors 2 weeks ago whilst looking for plots for me outdoor antics.  1 of the seedlings I dent the stem and it died. The other was lanky with tiny and I mean tiny leafs and short nodes and For love or money i cant find her at all? 

last time I remember seeing her was in the bathroom with my chillis.. I then went outside to plant chilli plants but its is nowhere to be seen since then. she is offically lost/missing!! :unsure:

At one point during all this with the issue iv had with temps and lack of funds ect.  I was going to terminate the whole grow and chuck all me plants outdoors!  but then I had a breakthrough... I manage to get some funds and got myself to a cool tube. Not long got a fone also so I am happy and more relaxed now its all sorted and I am still in the game. Literally just about hehe

So without further doos, I would like you all to give a warm welcome to the one and only.. "Dorris" 

She is abit slow (might just be me tho) lol but never the less she is a fighter and a force to be reckoned with! large.20180529_225448-600x1067.jpg

So be afraid! Hahah

Perks

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 4

Someone ring "missing plants" and alert them we have a missing bubbas gift last seen with her chilli friends lol

You've had a rough start my friend . 2 lost phones and 2 failed attempts now the 3rd is up and looking good :bong:

So it's "Dorris" to the rescue  :yep:

She's looking good at this early stage. Don't be concerned about the slower than normal veg as this strain is known for this :)

Let the fun begin with a lot better luck ;)

Kind regards 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Day 45 veg/day 1 flower

HI all hope we all doing well. It's been a busy for me to keep up with regular updates.

Dorris is coming along nicely and She has fitted very well with the others. They may not be her sisters but they have taken to her like she part of the family. I think she has also forgiven me she looks happy happy. 

I flipped the switch so we now on day 1 flower. I am thinking of taking a cut at the 2ND true node and she should stretch well with it. . This method creates 4 main colas instead of 1. I normally do this is bigger pots and has more veg time so this be interesting to see how this pans out. 

For anyone interested, these can be viewed on my current grow. 

large.20180615_222607-800x450.jpglarge.20180615_222630-800x450.jpg

@HSO-Marklol still no show. I have had no reports back from the missing plant team. But To be honest I have been having flash backs of me binning her because she looked stunted and I was high! Just don't tell Dorris tho marc yea, I don't want to upset her again lol

The tent is holding up well and things have been stable here so all good in the hood. 

Perk

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 3

tis a brave man that uses the curry pot ..all the best //look at the stem on it already ..brace yerself for feeding sooner than yer think .

• Like 2

Yea dude the curry was mild. Bombay bad boy was my favorite back in the day tho. 

You spot on there dude.  She is showing signs slight pale look since switch. . Just give here a dose of alg bio. Watering is going to be every 2 days or so, so on next water she be getting a dose of grow ect

Perk

Edited by perkie_uk101
  • Like 1

On 15/06/2018 at 11:39 PM, perkie_uk101 said:

I flipped the switch so we now on day 1 flower. I am thinking of taking a cut at the 2ND true node and she should stretch well with it. . This method creates 4 main colas instead of 1. I normally do this is bigger pots and has more veg time so this be interesting to see how this pans out. 

Bring on the flower show :bong:

You've done a decent veg, training and topping are in play so let's see how this fairs now the bloom phase is here :yep:

I agree with @vince noir rock n roll star she's going to get hungry and fast so I would start giving some feed to help keep those leaves green and "dorris" happy  :bong:

She's looks great so far so let's see what she's got :yep:

Thanks for the update mate I'll keep dropping in to see how she's doing :yep:

Kind regards 

Mark..

@HSO-Mark hey ya dude. She was defo hungry, fast too. She court me of guard as with another. The leafs have yellowed up quick so not so green I am afrraid. Its not called the pot noodle challage for nothing. Hehe Live and learn! 

She had a 2ml grow/1ml alg yesturday. I never got round to topping also so that's gone out the window.  Here's a group shot of the girls. Dorris is in the bottem right. No hairs as of yet too.

large.20180624_225321-800x450.jpg

• Like 4

On 24/06/2018 at 11:42 PM, perkie_uk101 said:

The leafs have yellowed up quick so not so green I am afrraid. Its not called the pot noodle challage for nothing. Hehe Live and learn! 

It is certainly a challenge mate :yep: that said your doing great ;)

Maybe try increasing feed time so she's being fed more times a day as those roots are going to get dry and fast :bong:

If it was me I would be aiming to do 2-4 watering per day if this is viable?

Now you know the issue in confident  things will improve :yep:

Thanks for the update mate I'll drop back in on the next  :bong:

Kind regards 

Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

Thank you marc for the support. Since last update She is starting to stretch up abit now. 

I have taken on board what you have said about the watering so I am keeping the soil moistish, feeding from the bottom. I am doing this daily too. 

I will post a pic up later when lights on.

Chow for now.

Perk 

• Like 1