Auto Mix & Surprises.

OldFord

Morning all,  i always do greenhouse grows as i work away too much and an indoor grow is a no go.     I normally grow autos as to be fair they need very little care although i tend to do 1 or 2 fems just see how they go.     This year, as always, i have Sweet Seeds as i have yet to have a failed grow and have only ever lost 2 seeds due to not sprouting along with very uniform plants.        

This year i have 2 each of  Mohan Ram,  Black Cream,  Blow Mind, Cream Mandarine, S.A.D.     Will be 3 phased runs of this over the year with the last chop in September'ish weather dependent.   

On top of this i had a few freebies around so i thought why not use them up -  2 x  G13 Auto Gigabub,  2 x THC Seeds Berry Bomb.  

All seeds were popped mid March and spent a few weeks under a cfl then popped in a warming house outdoor for a week to let them acclimatise to the colautos being uniform as alwayser temps,  yes i know its early but i want a 3 phase planting so made an early start :)     

All look very healthy with the Sweet Seeds being like sets of twins other than the Blow Mind that look the complete opposite and to be fair i struggled with them last year too.     The big surprise is thatthe GigaBud and the Berry Bomb are awesome looking, being bushier, taller and well  into the fluffy top stage !!    The SS have started but nowhere near as far on.    The SS is generally the first to show and furthest on !    Very surprised.   

The Berry Bomb looks simply stunning yet its a breeder i generally wouldnt give a secong look,  very happy and may do some more.   

My fems this year will be 2 x Samsara Holy Grail 69's and 2 x Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose fast version and finally 2 x Blimburn Grandaddy Purple.   Having never done them and getting them as freebies i thought why not :)    Hopefully it will be a decent year and be able to put some stock into the jars.  

Anyone having done any of the above mentioned outdoors please chime in with feedback        Pics to follow.    Thanks 

• Like 4

Hey buddy, sounds like your a man with a plan and I hope it goes well :yinyang:

I have sweet seeds fast versions but no autos, interested to see how you do this year as I've heard/seen good things :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LivelyUpYourself said:

Hey buddy, sounds like your a man with a plan and I hope it goes well :yinyang:

I have sweet seeds fast versions but no autos, interested to see how you do this year as I've heard/seen good things :D

thanks,  kind of got a routine after doing it for so many years now :)     The weather is the biggest headache !!   but since i cant control it im not gonna worry about it :) 

I done a few SS fast versions and all were great ,  not got any complaints with SS and been ultra reliable.    The only thing i would say is the SS mandarine and S.A.D fast versions i have done lack the flavour of the originals and are only around a week faster so tend to  stick with the normal but good luck to you and hope it was just me leaving mine to do their own thing that left them less tastier than usual.       My biggest headache this year will be a crazy bulldog pup thats into everything lol   as can be seen in my random fucked up typing above :) 

• Like 1

Hopefully we get a good summer this year :) Only my second season so fingers crossed 

Thanks I'll bear that in mind.. I only have Killer Kush fv from them at the minute but Green Poison fv might have to be thrown in the mix somewhere.. I've heard it has a nice appley flavour but then most sweet seeds seem to be tasty from reviews! So many strains to try :D

lol sounds like a headache worth suffering though, love dogs can't wait to have one again :)  

On 22/04/2018 at 9:11 AM, OldFord said:

On 22/04/2018 at 9:21 AM, LivelyUpYourself said:

Bit of an update,   all Sweet Seeds now have fluffy tops :)       The Black Cream is black / purple due to lower temps.     All are around the 18" mark and look very healthy.  

The G13 Auto gigbub has some HUGE fan leaves and the entire plant is dark green and lush !!    On the down side it looks like its either not an auto or a late starter due to temps ??  

The Berry Bomb looks outstanding and also showing purple & red hue's but looks very healthy and fluffy tops coming along nicely.     One of the very few that smells and has a sweet berry smell. 

The Mohan Rams have taken off !!   they are almost 6" to  8"  above anything else and look wonderful.     

Unless the weather picks up anytime soon it looks like it will be a low yielding run,  as i said earlier this is the first of 3 identical runs other than the females,  so not worried about big yields,  also any early runs i have done in previous years have been low quantity but the flavours, effect, colours and smell have been better than mid summer runs making a low yielding crop from this run no issue.       

All autos seem very happy and no signs of stress or ailments due to the colder temps -  seen approx 3 degree's at the lowest point and always have a single vent open in the greenhouse for airflow.      2nd run of autos will go out the end of May.     

Anyone else braving the colder temps for an early run ????   

Edited by OldFord

Good to hear it's all going well 

My early autos haven't had any artificial light or added warmth.. just windowsill and greenhouse (unheated plastic poly). Might get a couple smokes out of each of them if I'm lucky lol As you say though if it finishes in nice weather with long daylight hours it could be tasty!

Not sure if you're planning on uploading photos (I haven't yet myself, not much to see hehe) but would be good to see some of the girls :bong:

• Like 1

Yep, would love to see some pics OldFord.  I have some autos in the greenhouse also but they have been pampered a bit with artificial light at the beginning and greenhouse heating.  They haven't seen below 18° even on the coldest nights since March 1st when they were germinated...

It would be great to see a comparison...

• Like 1

On 29/04/2018 at 8:55 PM, inapond13 said:

Yep, would love to see some pics OldFord.  I have some autos in the greenhouse also but they have been pampered a bit with artificial light at the beginning and greenhouse heating.  They haven't seen below 18° even on the coldest nights since March 1st when they were germinated...

It would be great to see a comparison...

I will get some up this weekend sir.    We have seen as low as 2 degree's here and to be fair they dont look any worse for it at all !   Yes they are smaller than normal and wont produce much but for me i really dont care as it gives me more practice with colder climate growing.    

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 4:13 PM, LivelyUpYourself said:

Good to hear it's all going well 

My early autos haven't had any artificial light or added warmth.. just windowsill and greenhouse (unheated plastic poly). Might get a couple smokes out of each of them if I'm lucky lol As you say though if it finishes in nice weather with long daylight hours it could be tasty!

Not sure if you're planning on uploading photos (I haven't yet myself, not much to see hehe) but would be good to see some of the girls :bong:

I will get pics up this weekend as im home early.     To be honest im not worried about the quantity at all,  i get what i get and i will be happy with it. 

Just ordered 5 extra cream mandarine as that is by far my fav and hopefully they will romp home for me as they always do :) 

For me i am more interested in trying to see what colder temps will get me and if its possible to keep an all year round grow and not use any heating.    

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

large_009.JPGlarge_007.JPG

One of my collections of Sweet Seeds in the small greenhouse,   a mix of Moham Ram, Black Cream , Blow Mind and the single little auto is a fresh proutling of Cream Mandarin.

• Like 6

Back home from working away ,  fed the girls and all looking healthy and getting fatter :)     the Blow Mind Autos seem to be bigger but father behind than the Mohan Rams.

The big ass Blow Mind is being fed on a test feed and seems to suit her as she towers above the other 2  and shows no sign of slowing.       

The baby auto Cream Mandarin is getting bigger.

The auto Black Cream are getting darker !    Wonderful black, purple, blue shades and smells sweet and zesty.   

The auto Darklarge_016.JPGlarge_015.JPGlarge_014.JPGlarge_008.JPGlarge_007.JPGlarge_009.JPGlarge_007.JPG 

• Like 5

And one big ass auto Blow Mind,  seems farther behind but getting big !    Being fed on a test feed,  the mrs shopping channel feed she swears by for her lily's and roses.    

Seems to be doing the job.    Smells sweet and musky.    very healthy looking plant and looking forward to see how big and hopefully fat :) large_017.JPG

• Like 7

looking great there mate ... that blow mind is a stonker  and i bet shes smelling  real sweet too .... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stayup4ever said:

nice looking auto mate,how old is she?

Thanks ,  She is well behind where she should be at 8wks as are all of them ,  i dumped them all outside during the freezing temps at the start of May after being under the cfl.    Cold seem to slow them to an almost stop and as the weather improved they took off,  prob 3wks behind due to the cold,   but it was a test to see how they would get on as part of a 2 phase greenhouse harvest.    Mohan Rams need a wk or so and there is the odd brown pistil and more changing  , the black cream is 1/4 milky across the plant and dont think i will see darkening pistils but unsure.    The Blow Minds were the only ones to show really slow maturity but rapidly changing.     Second wave already out and a mixture of fems added ,  strawberry glue , sugar black rose fast ,  Sweets S.A.D. and a holy grail 69.      

• Like 2