Boom's Jungle playground

Boomslang

pure sex nuggets them, what a lovely welcome home :D

looks like MG will be first across the line all round. my 4 look to be cooked over the next couple of weeks, most before september, which is amazing. majority of other plants are only just now gearing up... 

yer DFG are flying along, way ahead of mine. lookin great man...

glad you returned unscathed from bonkers sounding escapades! whats the story there i wonders? 

good to see you back boom

:cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/08/2018 at 11:24 AM, tsk said:

pure sex nuggets them, what a lovely welcome home :D

looks like MG will be first across the line all round. my 4 look to be cooked over the next couple of weeks, most before september, which is amazing. majority of other plants are only just now gearing up... 

yer DFG are flying along, way ahead of mine. lookin great man...

glad you returned unscathed from bonkers sounding escapades! whats the story there i wonders? 

good to see you back boom

:rofl: sex nuggets, love it. 

Thanks for the kind words and concern mate. Gonna go there today check em out 10 days on. I expect they'll have put on a bit of weight. 

The EQ was nuts mate. Luckily we were outside with the kids on the beach track at 8.05 pm when it hit. Every night the girls went to bed at 7.30 - 8.00 at the latest. We thought we'd treat them to go see The Jungle Book film (incidentally) at the open air viewing by the beach at 8.00 pm (I was well keen as the classic Disney is my favourite). But it was too windy and nobody was there so we headed home. Weird rumble could be heard, then power cut. We're now in the dark (it's night at 6pm) and the ground starts shaking like crazy. You can hear people panicking and glass wear and objects from shops and restaurants falling. 10 - 15 seconds later it was over and we were all ok. The whole island got hit bad and everyone slept outside away from any building and coconut trees. It was a long long night with after shocks occrurring every 20-30 minutes.

The next day was also bonkers. Everyone on the island wanted to leave and the chaos was unreal. Rumours had it that the airport was shut, the road to the ferry was unfit for vehicles. But because we had a 3 year old with us we kind of made it out quicker than we thought. By 10 pm we were safe in Bali in a 5 star hotel that an old mate from school had paid for for us to stay the night. The horrible thing that will stay with me is the devastation around and the locals that have lost everything. That was real tough to deal with and emotional as we left to Bali... So imagine how they must have felt... They weren't going anywhere. :sadwalk:

• Like 1

Back to the pot au feu.

So paid a visit yesterday. Glad to say that the rabbit that dug out below the Mighty G has given up since then. 

It was a beautiful evening down at plot 3 and the girls looked the part. No Mould on either (a tiny bit on the MG but had totally crusted up and been removed like a ginger bread off the xmas tree.

large.5b8323d45b7e3_MightyGold258.jpglarge.5b8323d7e73b7_MightyGoldbud258.jpg

The buds on the DFG are really fat. I had to defoliate a bit on the fat ones that are a bit too close together just as a precaution. God I love her smell.

large.5b8323b6883d9_DFG258.jpglarge.5b8323ba52773_DFGBud258.jpg

• Like 13

There was a shed load of willow herb growing all around. Luckily they were in flower and caught them on time. The fluff they produce are an absolute nightmare if they get on the buds. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an update. The girls are fattening up nicely. A bit of mould is hitting DFG and  spot of stem rot on the Mighty G. No biggie, just need to amputate a couple of buds.

large.5b944f1ff2b8d_MightyGoldbud69.jpglarge.5b944efdcf760_MightyGold69.jpglarge.5b944ed7a0e88_DFG69.jpg

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

DFG is fattening up. Still checking for mould and amputating accordingly - unfortunately, not quite finished... The size of the buds is unreal though :woot: and the smell is getting sweeter. Going to check them tomorrow and with the rain we've had lately, I expect more will come down.

large.5ba4271f9edd3_DFG179.jpglarge.5ba42722ac349_DFGbud179.jpg

• Like 10

Quick update in the jungle. The DFG came down last Friday. Smells lovely with fat buds. Can't wait to spark it up after a cure. 

Mighty gold is still going, fattening up and I keep a close eye on her. There's a few bits of mould that come in but not very invasive and it's easy to get rid of, i.e. not buried into the core like some others I have grown this year and previous seasons. The weather has been spot on all week so far which is going to help with her weight :woot:.

large.5bad562cd07b8_Mightygoldbud269.jpglarge.5bad562943995_mightygold269.jpg

• Like 13

• 4 weeks later...

It's a very busy time of year and have only just got round to post the last pictures of the jungle.

large.5bccf2160f7e8_Mightygold810.jpglarge.5bccf219d5889_MIghtygold810bud.jpg

The mighty gold did put on some weight. She came down on the 8th of October. She was hit by mould, but then most other cultivars have, for the exception of a couple. 

The buds are voluminous and not very dense. Smell is nice but I prefer the DFG's zesty stench. She's at a mate's house drying at the moment, and I'll be back at the end of next week. Will take the time to take some dried bud shots as soon as I can.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Time for some bud shots of the girls.

DFG first

large.5bec8e5563a8a_DFGcopy.jpglarge.5bec8e3e2ea97_DFG-2copy.jpg

The buds are like golf balls. When I open the jar the smell is quite different from when you squeeze the bud. I imagine an old lady's perfume roaming in a old library amongst leather bound books.

When squeezed she has a dominance of lemon. Hard to describe the other notes. Still got to try it. Smoke report coming soon. 

• Like 8

Mighty Gold

large.5bec90aa1d719_MightyGoldcopy.jpglarge.5bec90b29c1dd_MightyGold-2copy.jpg

She smells better with a cure. She's quite fresh and hashy at the same time, slight grassiness to her. A nice smell overall. Smoke report to follow soon.:bong:

• Like 8

Ok so went out yesterday with a few mates. Had some DFG with me, so skinned up and toked. Nice smooth smoke this with good flavour... Not your typical smoke flavour which is nice. After a few minutes, I could feel my heart rate increasing in my chest.... Not sure if it was my drink (gin x white vermouth x campari x splash of tonic :g::mashed:) or the durban influence, but it didn't bother me. Nice social smoke, happy high, energetic and chatty springs to mind. 

very happy with that... Gonna take some with me tonight to a reggae gig. 

Would I grow again? Yes I will; want to hit the other phenos especially the freezeland one! 

Still got Mighty gold to try out... Looking at other posts it looks like I was unlucky with my plant and hit the fluffy pheno. I'll give her another shot next year hoping I get that hard budded missy. 

• Like 8

crushed it boom! nicely done sir, good game well played and all that, jars filled for the foreseeable = result!

i had three out of four mighty gold on the fluffier end of the genetic display line... still a good smoke imo... also made some various oils with them, (coconut, rso) with varying results (due to my own learning curve).

the one chunky plant i did get delivered a few seeds! would be happy to see that plant again. never found any seeds in the three plants around it, so must have been very localised nannas... 

look forward to the MG smoke 'port. congrats on a fine year boom!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2018 at 7:49 PM, tsk said:

crushed it boom! nicely done sir, good game well played and all that, jars filled for the foreseeable = result!

i had three out of four mighty gold on the fluffier end of the genetic display line... still a good smoke imo... also made some various oils with them, (coconut, rso) with varying results (due to my own learning curve).

the one chunky plant i did get delivered a few seeds! would be happy to see that plant again. never found any seeds in the three plants around it, so must have been very localised nannas... 

look forward to the MG smoke 'port. congrats on a fine year boom!

Thanks mate. Shame about the ratio of fluffiness. I can see why some growers including Ch@ppers talk about growing being a numbers game. I think genetic variety is good - i.e. having a couple of different phenos is I think a good thing providing they are all top quality. So depending on how the MG smokes, I'll be in 2 minds growing her next season... I still haven't smoked the mighty gold, but will do tonight me thinks :yep:. I'm looking forward to smelling into that jar to see if there's any evolution on that front. 

And of course well done you for winning the comp :yahoo:. Great effort. Well deserved! :thumsup:

• Like 2