Beginers Guerrilla Guide 101 (seed to weed)

panik

2 hours ago, teehee said:

Great stuff @panik, just one post and I can see this thread is gonna be a mine of information.

Hope it all goes well, consider me subbed Bro.

Thanks mate , should be a place for all interested to get involved and join along even copy the plan to get a good result this year,.. :yep: 

• Like 3

As a beginner i am looking for a quick and discreet way of starting a few seeds. Im defo goin to purchase a few packs from real gorilla seeds and and see how i get on. I no what im doing tomoz already bougt the lights n box. Great idea thanks for the idea. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Snakeplisskin said:

As a beginner i am looking for a quick and discreet way of starting a few seeds. Im defo goin to purchase a few packs from real gorilla seeds and and see how i get on. I no what im doing tomoz already bougt the lights n box. Great idea thanks for the idea. 

This exactly the reason for this thread mate good luck and enjoy the season :yep:  

• Like 3

On 4/20/2018 at 10:33 AM, panik said:

there's always the other option of getting clear tubs/totes and starting them outdoors on the plot or in your garden , but obviously there's many other attributes to that and they still need watering and vent holes etc to stop any over heating issues , that's all well an good if you have plenty of seed available also and hopefully don't have many losses , I'm sure some the outdoor tote/tub starting guys can jib in with some pics here if they like,... 

Yeah theres abit more to think about with outdoor boxes,  especially if in a guerrilla situation where you want / have to keep visits to a minimum...  

I've been fine tuning it for a few years now, tried countless different methods and ideas etc... Got it down to a simple fool proof system now, more or less set and forget with no worries about watering, over heating or pest damage.  

Havn't got any pics of one set up,  just a box ready to take on plot..  I might end up doing a little diary this year where all will be revealed,  but for now, heres a couple pics that show the majority of whats involved...

large.bucket.jpg

large_box1.jpg

This is nice and easy to carry with one person,  even with a fucked back like mine..

Germing at home obviously isn't possible for some ,  normally due to a nagging partner lol  but equally its added risk..  if for whatever reason, you get caught with some weed while your out,  tip off from jealous ex, whatever,,  and police search your house :wacko: could fuck things up big time...  Likewise, loading, driving and unloading are all relatively high risk in terms of getting 'caught in the act' , plausible deniability etc...   Thats the reason that I like to germ on site anyway, havn't got a nagging misses, thank fuck :D

What strains in the box by the way?  

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Yeah theres abit more to think about with outdoor boxes,  especially if in a guerrilla situation where you want / have to keep visits to a minimum...  

I've been fine tuning it for a few years now, tried countless different methods and ideas etc... Got it down to a simple fool proof system now, more or less set and forget with no worries about watering, over heating or pest damage.  

Havn't got any pics of one set up,  just a box ready to take on plot..  I might end up doing a little diary this year where all will be revealed,  but for now, heres a couple pics that show the majority of whats involved...

large.bucket.jpg

large_box1.jpg

This is nice and easy to carry with one person,  even with a fucked back like mine..

Germing at home obviously isn't possible for some ,  normally due to a nagging partner lol  but equally its added risk..  if for whatever reason, you get caught with some weed while your out,  tip off from jealous ex, whatever,,  and police search your house :wacko: could fuck things up big time...  Likewise, loading, driving and unloading are all relatively high risk in terms of getting 'caught in the act' , plausible deniability etc...   Thats the reason that I like to germ on site anyway, havn't got a nagging misses, thank fuck :D

What strains in the box by the way?  

I knew you'd be in slim, nice box get some pics up with some girls on site for the guys here to see how its done,.. The girls in the box are actually Real Gorill4 (GG#4) its for a friend's indoor I thought id use them as a test for the box, outdoor girls will be started of by family friend when I give the box over to him as a little prezzie next week,..

• Like 8

You know that mentioning on-site storage box germination is like a summoning spell for me lol

I like the indoor equivalent btw :yep: .. reckon would be good for cuttings too, prehaps only needing the one tube...  all that effort masking the bottom only to stick tray in it though..?  :nenenenene:  is that gorilla glue (talking about the actually glue not the plants now) in the caulk tube shit then?  the PU type stuff they do is banging.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Amarillo slim said:

You know that mentioning on-site storage box germination is like a summoning spell for me lol

I like the indoor equivalent btw :yep: .. reckon would be good for cuttings too, prehaps only needing the one tube...  all that effort masking the bottom only to stick tray in it though..?  :nenenenene:  is that gorilla glue (talking about the actually glue not the plants now) in the caulk tube shit then?  the PU type stuff they do is banging.  

Yeah bit of hand on head emoji when I turned round and found that tray hiding under some stuff and it fitted perfectly, but lets just say for the sake of others and no tray don't spray the bottom lol 

also that guerrilla glue sticks like shit aka load of shit is fucking wank , and sticks nothing no anything smooth,... 

• Like 3

thought it might of been something like that ...  and when something just happens to fit perfectly like that,  you just HAVE to use it lol 

Ah fair enough,  I like their PU glue and tapes,  but sounds like that tube stuff is just like no-more-nails, shits like shit etc..  load of bollocks..  only stuff I use thats like that is Stixall.  anyway Il stop blabbering on about adhesives now.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@panik Thanks for the guide man just one question.

Would the spray paint fumes/voc's potentially harm the plants?

@BluntmanAndCroppin seems to be doing well with his but just wanted to make sure before I kill them all lol

It's nice weather here for a few days so no big deal to leave em in the poly for now :yep:

• Like 3

@LivelyUpYourself I did consider this myself mate but I let it get touch dry near a window then left it in front of a fan heater over night. It still smelt of paint the next day but it doesnt seem to have effected them at all.. being on the windowsill with such little light seemed to be doing them more harm! The box just stinks of soil now... It's nice haha. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2018 at 10:33 AM, panik said:

Ok so I have a family friend who smokes a joint or two, comes to me with a million an one questions on how to pull off a successful guerrilla grow, like many joining the forums as noobies/beginners and haven't the foggiest where to start or even try searching the forum an threads to find all the relevant information,.  

so it dawned on me the other day why not make a beginners guide (seed to weed) and where better place than the Real Gorilla seeds sub forum where you can read this thread (hopefully find all info you need to know) and look at other members diary's and information on our strains and technique's and get a good idea what, where and how to go about things in a professional manner to have a better if not superb chance of pulling off a decent first grow and enjoying the fruits of your labour,..

So to start with you acquired some seeds (Real Gorilla seeds) obviously :smug: and you now want to germinate them , you can use any technique you like paper towel method (damp paper towel, kitchen roll folded over in half and seeds in-between put these in a tapware box or between cd case etc, an placed in a warm place like a airing cupboard or sitting on top of combi boiler and so on, ) you can put  straight into damp soil, or in a shot glass of water until cracked , there's no real or right way to do these methods  everyone has there own unique style and do things a tad different but what ever suits your need is fine,.. we tend to use the paper towel technique as this works best for us and suits our needs , especially so we don't waste soil or pots and only pot on the seeds that have cracked and have tap roots so no waiting about or getting anxious poking and looking in the top of soil for life as I bet many a anxious neebie's would be doing (as I did many moons ago)

Paper towel technique,... after 48hrs on top of combi boiler..

large.IMG_0838.JPG

So now you need to pot on your seed sprouts into some pots an soil , as above many a way to do this, small pots 0.5L or peat pots , rockwall cubes , jiffy pellets etc but there's many methods for many styles of growing , considering these are for outdoor Guerrilla we make everything follow suit from the next to make life easy, so we use Jiffy Peat pots , these are by far the best (not like the cardboard peat pots from the garden centre they are shite and will dry out go hard and mess your shit up so please don't cut corners get the jiffy ones with slits in bottom or use plastic pots is fine , we tend to use these as there's no fraffing about once on site its plant peat pots straight in the ground and move on, no walking round after collecting up plastic pots to bring back off site leaving rubbish and evidence everywhere ,.. so pot on your sprouts in good quality potting compost or light mix (bio bizz) etc and you good to go,..

we place the rooted seed down under 5mm of soil so they get to work there selves up and shed there seed heads off...

large.IMG_1907.JPG

NOW WE NEED LIGHT ,..So iv been experimenting with this idea for people that want or need to hide something in there house/garage or shed etc so iv built this little light box from a black tote with a lid (£8-£10) 2 x 600mm led battens 4000k light spec (£25 each) some 3 core flex cable, a plug and some tools etc so this set up in total with 2 x 12packs seeds £90  (Real Gorilla Seeds obviously :smug: ) has cost me £155 give or take , what's that cheaper than the price of an ounce on the street these days right! lets remember that figure we can come back to that in October/ November and assess that figure and total investment,..

So light box build,...

large.IMG_1813.JPGlarge.IMG_1815.JPG

Wired the lights linking them together so one plug, great lights these with push fit connections so no messing with diddly screw drivers and fast to assemble, would of preferred them in daylight colour though if you can find them ,..

large.IMG_1818.JPGlarge.IMG_1817.JPG

So then I got technical and sprayed the inside of the box white for maximum light reflection and to brighten things up, one thing to note I did was I taped up the bottom 2-3 inches as we tend to pour water in the bottom of our boxes or trays so the peat pots soak them up, we never water our pots from the top apart from the initial first watering , that's the beauty of the peat pots they absorb a jug of water up in 5-10 mins and rehydrate the soil and pot perfectly,.. so we taped the bottom to stop the water sitting on paint or the paint flaking off etc,. also please bare in mind to scratch the prepared spray able surface with some sand paper as the paint will just flake off if not with the slightest of touch,..

large.IMG_1827.JPGlarge.IMG_1828.JPG

Then we attach the lights to the lid we done this using Gorilla sticks like shit (obviously:smug:) and stuck them to the lid originally seemed a good idea until 2 days in with the heat and humidity one fell off so was back to the drawing board on that one and screwed them on through the top of the lid, not ideal if your trying to hide all suspect-ness but you can always get 2 lids and lay one over the screwed lid to hide screws,..

large.IMG_1842.JPGlarge.IMG_1846.JPG

So as you can see pretty simple build you can knock one up in under an hour , we fit up to 48 peat pots in one of this and they can be stackable if you wanted 2-3 high 2-3 stacks in a shed /garage/ laundry room etc , you do the maths,.. there's always the other option of getting clear tubs/totes and starting them outdoors on the plot or in your garden , but obviously there's many other attributes to that and they still need watering and vent holes etc to stop any over heating issues , that's all well an good if you have plenty of seed available also and hopefully don't have many losses , I'm sure some the outdoor tote/tub starting guys can jib in with some pics here if they like,... 

So life in the light box,..large.IMG_1906.JPGlarge.IMG_1908.JPGlarge.IMG_1963.JPGlarge.IMG_1960.JPGlarge.IMG_2029.JPGlarge.IMG_2031.JPG

Alls looking good so far on the horizon and just realised its a nice sunny day out on 420 today so going out to enjoy some rays, anyone not started there seedlings off yet you can always keep an eye here and copy anything happening and join along follow as we do , plenty of time for popping seeds yet and get them ready for planting out by Mid-Late May which in my eyes is prime time planting season,.. So get yourselves down the hardware shop and get shopping for some totes and lights ..

Spk soon Panik,..

This is great, cheers man. My seedlings have been under light for about a week or two now. they’re fairly big now & the leaves are coming to the size of my pinky finger. A pal of mine is guiding me as to what stages they’re in & he says they’ll be ready by the end of the week. I encountered a few problems as a newbie lol; some stems snapped/bent over so i supported hem with straws & they’re all stood nice & tall. But the stems are way too thin to be placing them outside now, they’re too frail & i fear that the wind will really knock these guys out as my outdoor spot is on a hillside.. is there anyway i can help strengthen the stems in terms of width? sadly i don’t know how to upload pictures onto here but if anyone knows how i can do so, please guide me so a pro can see where i’m at. Lastly, i’m wanting to harvest a fair few ounces from these plants so i will be planting them straight into the ground. Does this make the buds on the plant any less denser than if they were in pots? I really don’t want them to turn to trimmings or ‘bush’.. i really wanna pull this off & hopefully i will! Sorry for the long thread, cheers guys! 

• Like 5

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Rufas said:

Box made

do I need a small fan in  There to strengthen them to avoid the above ? 

How long do you grow them for in box @panik

Shouldn't need a fan mate , grow them until they are 6-8 inches tall with few sets good leaves ,.. :yep: 

• Like 4