Grand Daddy Purp

potato1356

On 19/03/2018 at 10:02 AM, AustrianToker said:

I've grown GDP from Ken's GDP seeds a few years ago.  Did 5 reg seeds of which 3 turned female and later hermied badly.  Quite a disapointment.  While doing my research on the strain back then, i read other reports of hermy problems and thought i would use regs instead of fems to avoid the issue. But obviously didn't matter. Perhaps his GDP is more stable now.  But honestly, wouldn't be confident in using Ken's GDP again.
Funny, but got a blimburn's  GDP freebie in veg right now.  Will hopefully get a better results.

What did you think of the Blimburn GDP please AustrianToker, if you can remember back please mate thanks. Peace. 

On 9.8.2023 at 10:24 PM, Trashedagain77 said:

What did you think of the Blimburn GDP please AustrianToker, if you can remember back please mate thanks. Peace. 

As far as i can remember... nothing special. didn't purple up and wasn't outstanding in anyway. It didn't hermie though.  GDP is present in a lot of the modern strains, some are really nice.  There must be a nice GDP clone in the US, but i never had any luck when trying to find something nice from GDP seeds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AustrianToker said:

As far as i can remember... nothing special. didn't purple up and wasn't outstanding in anyway. It didn't hermie though.  GDP is present in a lot of the modern strains, some are really nice.  There must be a nice GDP clone in the US, but i never had any luck when trying to find something nice from GDP seeds. 

Thank you for your reply AustrianToker I have a few freebies of it. I see that a few people have said that they liked it but agreed with your view that this isn't the real deal. I see that the "genuine" GDP seeds from Ken Estes are £99 for five fems. Apparently these don't purple up much either. I'd love a good copy as I like the indica lots. Thanks for your reply again AustrianToker. Peace. 

• Like 1

I tried a few GDP's in the garden from a few breeders,  none i would bother wiht again sadly.

I did see people recommending  HSO Choc Mint OG ...again unless its 1 and not 2.0 ... i wouldnt even bother as it was a let down compared to the 1st.

I did thoroughly enjpy  Reserva Privads  Purple Wreck !!     Lost a smidge to rot in a poor season , but it was sublime in flavour and effect when well cooked. 

Stayed compact across 3 plants , all very very uniform and will be run again.  

I can only offer outdoors experience and pics of Purple Wreck in my 21 gallery somewhere lol       

All the best with it mate  ,  hope you find something nice.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 11:41 AM, amsterdammer said:

I am giving away 2 GDP hybrids in my current competition.

Purplegeddon

Oooohhh  i hadnt realised you guys had joined the party :george:      

Welcome aboard sir and will look forward to perusing your offerings and see what would go nice in the garden :thumsup:

Ant recommendations ?     Garden runs  ,  Lat 52 / 53  ,  in light dep and do enjoy a hard hitting indica ,  open to long flower sativas for long cook out in light dep.   

All the best with it sir and good luck with the venture here.  

On 11.8.2023 at 11:50 PM, Trashedagain77 said:

Thank you for your reply AustrianToker I have a few freebies of it. I see that a few people have said that they liked it but agreed with your view that this isn't the real deal. I see that the "genuine" GDP seeds from Ken Estes are £99 for five fems. Apparently these don't purple up much either. I'd love a good copy as I like the indica lots. Thanks for your reply again AustrianToker. Peace. 

Purple Punch from Sweet Seeds has GDP parent and actually a nice strain, i grew it last year.  Sweet aroma, indica stone and there is a bit of purple present.  I would go with that one if you are looking for GDP similar.

• Like 1

I ran a GG4 x GDP cross from an obscure American breeder who's based in central Spain. The stinkiest, strongest, high-yielding plants I've come across. I regularly pull over 100g from a 6.5L pot & have hit the 120g mark several times.  

They were regs so I have a good supply of seeds to play with. 

• Like 1

GDP was one of the strains I absolutely had to try when I started growing, bought a pack of Blimburn. run it 3 times now, nice weed, nothing really outstanding tho. Last grow I tried a GDP x cherry pie cross from freedom of seeds sold as Phantom cookies, (cheap, bulk seeds but thought I'd give 'em a go) only had a couple of 

undercured fast-dried buds but it tastes way better than the GDP I've tried before and probably more potent too. I'll try it again in a month or so and prob run again fairly soon. Still have several BB GDP seeds but will prob use these to try some hacks.

• Like 1

On 12/08/2023 at 2:09 PM, OldFord said:

I did see people recommending  HSO Choc Mint OG ...again unless its 1 and not 2.0 ... i wouldnt even bother as it was a let down compared to the 1st.

My mate took a punt with some seeds we got in a couple ozes from my commercial pal. Was tangie that had been caught by a rogue male Larry OG.

The result was damn near identical to choc mint v1. Turkish delight terps galore. The stone was unremarkable though. Got some cuttings to see if a longer cook provides anything in that department though

• Like 2

If there's a strain I feel I missed out on(only had an eighth of smoke) and would love to get is Choc Mint Og V1! 

I did buy a pack of the V2 when HSO restart. I haven't bothered trying any yet cos I kinda know that they aren't the original ones so I don't know why I bought them really??? I Loved the eighth of smoke I had. It was a dark green colour and all minty earthy choccy goodness! It was potent too in a good indica way. Wish I'd bought some when it was readily available but truth be told I heard about the hermies with it which put my amateur arse off! I later understood that with a careful look thru there was plenty of treasure to be found. Peace. 

I still have a 5-pack of the original Choc Mint OG, one of the Spanish seed banks was doing a Xmas offer of buy 1 get 1 free. Ran one pack and haven't bothered yet with the second. Can't say I was blown away by the smoke but it did give me my heaviest ever dried cola at 9.8g. Far better strains in my stash from HSO...OGKZ, Forbidden Dream, Sugar Breath, Blue Dream.

My mate spent a small fortune on Ken's GDP...to find a keeper and managed  to do just that.

4packs bought and grown out over several grows to find a beast of a plant .he was saying at the time he had a few hermies but got them out in time so it didnt feck up his run .

The final cut he keeps  doesn't purple but the yeild is great it's a beast of a plant,lovely thick stems and branching. it's so good it's the only plant in his room that needs no help to stand in full  flower .

The  buds on it are nice, fat and covers in trichs. Taste is grape which makes it a real nice indica smoke ..imfact one of the best  indica smokes I've had ...great for chillin at night in front of the TV or put some tunes on and dirft away .

I wish I had a bigger space to run his cut again because it took over my space to the detriment of the 5 other plants I usually run ...so I went looking for another version or cross and found purple punch by seed stockers  ..feck this plant is perfect for my space .it turns dark purple on flipping to 12/12 and done in 9-10 weeks, great yeild and it has the grape taste .if memory serves me right it's GDP x Larry og.. excellent smoke and very indica .most of my smoking buddies love it one or 2 don't like it as its to strong for them ,yet they sometime buy so called calli off telegram slingers ..dafties they are, but they won't be told. 

I would recomend trying out the seedstockers purple punch beautiful purple plant that will stay in my room and my mates for a long time to come .

Oh and the price for a pack of purple Puch is very cheap compared to Ken's GDP...

I'm a tight arse Scotsman when it comes to seeds and generally won't pay over £50 a pack of anything ..seestockers was £25-30 in memory serves me correctly.

Give it a go you will be surprised .

Edited by lildaveham
Prices