Grand Daddy Purp

potato1356

Only had the pleasure of smoking this once - the smoke was unique for sure...

Anyone grown it?

the price is high, and wondering whether to pull the trigger....

also like the look of Candyland by Ken....

Guest Gojitangie

@potato1356 Is a really nice smirk. Connoisseur Cookies is a GDP x Cookies cross that you might want to consider or HSO mint choc og which is a GDP x OG cross, both fems but could be a cheaper way to try. Also Lady Sativa have an Orange Candyland, which is Ken’s Candyland x Orange Diesel v 3.

Edited by Gojitangie
Sp

@potato1356 I grabbed 1 seed from the tude on my last purchase as I really want to try it, unfortunately it was a male so I got rid.

its still very high at the top of my to do list though, but like you say it is pricey for a full pack

• Like 1

X2 on choc mint og. I'm unsure what pheno iv been smoking but it's so grapey its unreal. Cheap from HSO but it'll be a pheno hunt.

Good luck pal whatever you choose 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gojitangie said:

@potato1356 Is a really nice smirk. Connoisseur Cookies is a GDP x Cookies cross that you might want to consider or HSO mint choc og which is a GDP x OG cross, both fems but could be a cheaper way to try. Also Lady Sativa have an Orange Candyland, which is Ken’s Candyland x Orange Diesel v 3.

I've already heard amazing things about the orange diesel v3 - definitely gonna try the orange candyland at some point... 

1 hour ago, amsterdammer said:

I am giving away 2 GDP hybrids in my current competition.

Purplegeddon

Amazing! hope you like my entry, it's not everyone's cup of tea hahaha ;) 

I spent quite some hours looking at GDP. Cracking strain by all accounts.

I managed to get hold of a 12 pack of  mr.ickyinkd’s Grandpa Buckus F2 which is...

Buckeye Purple(Gorilla Grape x GDP) x Grandpas Breath(OG Kush x GDP)

Stunner.

• Like 1

I've grown GDP from Ken's GDP seeds a few years ago.  Did 5 reg seeds of which 3 turned female and later hermied badly.  Quite a disapointment.  While doing my research on the strain back then, i read other reports of hermy problems and thought i would use regs instead of fems to avoid the issue. But obviously didn't matter. Perhaps his GDP is more stable now.  But honestly, wouldn't be confident in using Ken's GDP again.
Funny, but got a blimburn's  GDP freebie in veg right now.  Will hopefully get a better results.

• Like 2

I've got 2 phenos of purple project (#9 & #14) from true canna genetics. 

GDP x Chemdog. Yet to flower them out, but will do in a few weeks.

• Like 2

I love Ken’s gdp, got a mate just finishing a grow off of it. Looking forward to that grapes taste again 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AustrianTokker said:

Funny, but got a blimburn's  GDP freebie in veg right now.  Will hopefully get a better results.

I have my one of these still going after a year, she is awesome!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 19.3.2018 at 10:47 PM, audioaddict said:

I have my one of these still going after a year, she is awesome!

She is in just over 4w in flower now and what a beast.  largest plant from all the strains germed at the same time, but no purple so far.  Is yours a purple or green pheno?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i grew gdp from connoisseur genetics and was very happy with the end result....excellent meds.bc seedking sells gdp,they have an excellent rep,and great prices 

listening to kevin jodrey talk on youtube apparently through the new testing methods they have there the grand daddy purp from the 70s is the line that all the tasty top strains in amerka today originate from like gsc zskittlesz ect?

• 5 years later...

Which GDP seeds do you recommend please guys??? I see that Kens fems are £20 each (£99.99 for 5)on tude. I have a few Blimburn version which as some people say are good but I suppose I really want the authentic version. Proper couch lock they say! Peace.