Cheese

kronic420

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, OceanGreenz said:

I know this is an old thread but how long did you veg for these girls for ? And did you top them ? I’m currently trying out ways to improve my yield last grow I pulled 16.5 oz in a 1.2m tent but that’s nothing compared to 30+ ! Would love to hear back on your methods 

@kronic420 Can you assist buddy?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

@OceanGreenz hi buddy yeh I top the plants probably a little different to most tho, il grow the plants normally till they are about 8 nodes tall then find the sweet spot usually around the 5th node and basically chop the plant in half this instantly creates about 8-10 main heads, I also at this point remove all the large fan leafs from the main stalk to help light penetrate through the plant.

I really should take some pictures of how I do it and document it on here as would be much easier to explain with pictures.

I do all my grows like this and as along as the plants are nice and healthy and growing strong it doesn’t slow them up at all. 

Veg time from seed is normally around 8 weeks and from rooted cutting 5-6 weeks 

• Like 3

@Dinafem-Mark I completely forgot to update this with how my friends grow went with the cuts I gave him, his grows are smaller than mine just a single 400w hps but boy oh boy did he smash it on quality, I couldn’t believe it was the same strain to be honest with you, the thc and stink that came from his crop was absolutely unreal it was full on old school cheese.

I’m not sure if it was because he grew from cuts so essentially flowered from an more aged plant or maybe less heat and light intensity as my plants got pretty close to the light and that 1000 watter gets pretty hot. What ever it was he produced some serious smelly and frosty weed. 

I believe he pulled 10-11 oz from his 400w hps 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kronic420 said:

@Dinafem-Mark I completely forgot to update this with how my friends grow went with the cuts I gave him, his grows are smaller than mine just a single 400w hps but boy oh boy did he smash it on quality, I couldn’t believe it was the same strain to be honest with you, the thc and stink that came from his crop was absolutely unreal it was full on old school cheese.

I’m not sure if it was because he grew from cuts so essentially flowered from an more aged plant or maybe less heat and light intensity as my plants got pretty close to the light and that 1000 watter gets pretty hot. What ever it was he produced some serious smelly and frosty weed. 

I believe he pulled 10-11 oz from his 400w hps 

Thanks for the extra feedback mate and by the sound of things our Cheese also performed well for your friend  ;) Nice yield also  :yep:

I'm going to say the heat could be a factor as to why yours did not have that dank cheese smell :) high temps can harm the trichomes so I would assume that this can also have an effect of the terpines?  Just a thought ;)

Glad your friend did well mate and thank you for dropping back in with the info requested  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1