The Idiot and the Critical+ 2.0

Idiot At Large

Quite critical this stage bud, make sure there is a decent air gap between the bottom of the pots and surface of the nutes,

I usually allow about 4" then handwater from the top until the roots are down into the nutes, too close and you risk the chance of drowning them.

Nutes temps need to be between 18c and 21c for best results and lessen chances of root rot.

I usually allow a couple of weeks from germination before starting feeding, about 1/4 strength what they recommend and work up from there.

:oldtoker:

• Like 2

At the minute theres a root coming down into a small pool of run off water contained within the heated prop and theres a small gap between that and the bottom of the pot however theres no way of air getting to the roots from below due to the outer pot sitting in the water... 

Don't have any way of having them in the nutes without having them under the 400w HPS.

What would you recommend?

• Like 2

I'm guessing you have the mesh inside a solid pot, if so keep a close eye on them and you'll find the roots will start to fill that space,

they will probably only need one watering a day until they get a bit bigger, try not to leave too much water sitting underneath.

Now we wait.........:yep:

• Like 2

@stu914 yeah theres a solid pot on the outside of the mesh pot and since that initial root there is now approx 6 little strands coming down... will keep an eye on it and as soon as there is enough nodes I will get them in their final homes and then the fun really begins. 

@botanics cheers man appreciate the encouragement its been a bumpy road getting here. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Idiot At Large said:

solid pot on the outside of the mesh pot

Make sure you take it off before going into the system bud........just a thought.......:rofl:

Really pleased the method works for you, I struggled for ages trying to get a decent rootballl in pebbles before hitting on this idea,

first time I left it too long without checking, come the time there was a massive coil of roots underneath, but then roots = shoots = buds...

Where there's a will and all that..........:yes:

;)

• Like 3

good luck with your latest adventure man, they should take off soon as the hit the nutes

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stu914 said:

Make sure you take it off before going into the system bud........just a thought.......:rofl:

Please tell me you haven't put them in the system with that on! Hahaha

They're rocketing up now and won't be long before they're ready for the tent.

• Like 2

It is always beneficial to test out new methods and by the look of things your onto a winner  :)

Some very steady growth in this early phase. 

This is going to be fun and the fun is coming fast :)

Keep up the great work and continued updates really appreciate mate  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

On 02/03/2018 at 10:07 PM, botanics said:

Good luck with this grow dude, looks a good start with this lil one in those pebbles :lucky:

She has come out of the gates at a fast pace mate. Going to be the one to watch :bong:

All the best 

Mark...

• Like 2

So yesterday started getting a brownish colour on the leaves which has gotten worse... 

large.20180310_135740.jpg

Also the round leaves on the other plant are almost completely yellow.

Will trawl the forum later on to find out what the issue is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Idiot At Large said:

Also the round leaves on the other plant are almost completely yellow.

Bit more info please bud, are they in the system? if so what temps/colour are the roots? Nute strength?

:oldtoker:

• Like 3

Its still in the cupboard theyre nowhere near ready to go in the bubbler yet.

The leaves were as they are in the pic with the edges pointed downwards however today it is curled upwards they look like theyre drying out, had a look and looks like phosperous deficiency which was no help as it could be bad pH, too much water, too little water! The roots aren't milky white anymore either and I'm unable to check root temp however room temp never drops below 19°. 

Gunna try some fresh pH water and see how they go over the next few days.

@stu914

• Like 2

Now this is a strange one. With the plant being so young it could be many factors. 

By giving ph,d water this will eliminate the ph issue and I don't think it is a nutrient issue due to the age. 

What lighting is she under mate?

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1