2 PAK eyed peas and a Critical+2

jadenugs

@beezee

I checked everything over again last night and everything is in order. I put another 5 amp fuse in the plug cos like you say, it will blow quicker if there's a problem ;) I'm sure we had a power cut last week but can't remember if it was the same day the fuse went :doh:  Maybe there was a surge when it came back on that blew it. Cheers for the concern and advice mate. Always appreciated :yep:

• Like 3

Fantastic to see another @jadenugs Dinafem adventure up and running on the UK420 platform  :yep:

Our pak is my favourite indica strain and yours look super healthy :)

Nice to see them at various stages and thabk you for including picture from all stages :)

Your environment is bang on as expected with all 3 plants dking well :)

Needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate  :bong:

Thank you again for documenting this adventure and best of luck brother :)

Catch you on the next update mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

Update

I got lazy at the weekend and let the plants get overdry, so they're looking a bit deficient. No worries though, they'll come round ;)

Pak#1 is showing early signs of Mg def, Pak#2 and the Critical+2 showing N def.

They're not far off ready for their finals anyway which will be 9L fabric. That's when I expect to see some progress. Been a slow one this, with the cold attic temps and getting dialled in. It's not so much the temps that's been the problem, but the low humidity. I added a mini fogger but it's not doing a great deal due to extraction. Some rapid veg growth is what's needed lol

Feedwise they've had a bit of Aloe Vera on it's own as a root drench.
A feed of 2ml/L rootstim and 2ml fishmix.
A feed of 2ml/L fishmix and 1ml/L bio silicon.
Next feed will have 1ml/L Humboldt equilibrium added.

The lamp has been raised some more, still looking for a sweet spot and trying to keep humidity up. The other lamp will be fired up when I get them into finals so the temps should be raised a bit then.

Pak#1 hasn't had any more training. I'm just waiting for her to fucking grow lol
Pak#2 Has been bent over and side branching is starting.
Crit+2 Has been topped again to slow her down while the paks grow a bit. The top 4 branches were topped but I left the bottom 2 alone as I'm thinking of taking cuttings. If I don't I'll just lop them off anyway and concentrate on 8 colas.
Hurry up Pak ffs lol

My Remo mother might be flowered too on this run just to make numbers up and compare the last lot grown with Remo nutes against bottled organic nutes this time. If I do I'll take a couple of clones and make sure one is rooted before flowering the mum.

Temps 17-23
Roots 19-23
RH 32-51. The 51 is a peak after watering, I haven't managed to keep it there. 32-45 would be more realistic.

Here's a few pics then.  

Pak#1@57days

large.5a79ba4b8343a_pak1@57days.jpglarge.5a79ba4f94a00_pak1@57daysabove.jpg

Pak#2@23 days

large.5a79ba5562fd5_pak2@23days.jpglarge.5a79ba5d357e9_pak2@23daysabove.jpg

Critical+2@30 days

large.5a79ba62254a1_crit2@30days.jpglarge.5a79ba7160d77_crit2@30daysabove.jpg

As always thanks for looking and Happy growing :)  

• Like 10

looking great nugs those pak look great and the critical is going to take off. pak veg time does nothing to help the anticipation, but the bud is well worth it keep up the good work.

sam

• Like 5

@samhigh

Thanks mate, I'm having to hold the Critical back already so this should be fun lol Maybe I should have picked a different strain to accompany the Pak but I did start Pak at least a month before. Watch this space for lot's of struggles haha. Who mentioned a level canopy! :unsure:lol

• Like 5

Gotta love a good struggle lol I’m sure you will manage just fine pal. You can always chop them back I guess. The pak sounds really interesting a lot of people seem to really rate it on here. 

Atb 

• Like 7

@OddNut

lol Yeah I'm looking forward to the Pak mate, the Critical too :yep:

Potted the paks up at the weekend. Gonna leave the Critical a bit longer and give the paks a bit of a head start rooting the finals ;)

Pak#2 looks like she's gonna take off. #1 is still really slow though.

• Like 4

Hi 420
Update time on the slow
grow lol

The paks are still really slow, so I'm trying to hold the Critical back and maintain its health without banging too much feed into it. Low humidity isn't helping matters but hey ho, time of year and a basic set up.   

Pak 1+2 have been potted up. #2 into a 9L fabric and #1 into an 11L square as the 3.5L it was in was too big for a 9L fabric. Would have been a right ball ache getting fresh compost down the sides with no voids, or over compacting if I tamped it down. I was originally gonna do a 4 plant grow in 17L fabrics so that was why it went into a 3.5L intermediate. I took 3 blues clones, only really needing 1 but all 3 struck, one being slow to settle in It's pot after it rooted. Anyway it pulled round so I decided to keep all 3 and do a comparison. One topped twice, one just the once and the slow one untopped. Hence the 6 plant grow in 9L fabrics. Not Dinafem related but someone will wonder what the other 3 are when I take group pics so I thought I'd give them a mention. I know I mentioned a Remo earlier . That was in case the 3rd blues never took well, and just to make numbers up. I don't need any more Remo yet so the grow is decided now. Winging it is an understatement and so is indecisive lol

My 1000w oil rad must have something wrong. After replacing the fuse with the right size and double checking all wires/connections it was ok for a while but it tripped the rcd yesterday.
I'm not taking any more chances with it and swapped it out for an 1800w last night. It's on the lowest power setting 600w and the thermostat is set to 27°. I'll see how it behaves after the 4 hrs lights off today. Might end up hanging a wet towel in the tent too as the mini fogger is just wasting leccy I think.

I never watered the paks in after re potting last Friday, so the roots can search through the already damp compost. Full drench tonight.

Feeds have been 2ml rootstim with 2ml fishmix/L
One feed was 2ml rootstim, 1ml fishmix and 1ml Humboldt equilibrium/L.  
(These feeds were pre pot up for the paks).

Temps 20-25
Roots   18-22
RH        22-59

I've turned the thermostat up for the leccy blanket this morning to try and raise the root temps a bit.

On to the plants

Pak#1@64 days
I'm hoping this takes off soon as the roots find fresh compost in It's final.

large.5a831c2615412_Pak1@64days.jpglarge.5a831c2d673db_Pak1@64daysabove.jpg

Pak#2days@30 days
Catching up a bit but looking a tad hungry til it finds it's feet in the final.

large.5a831c340e92e_Pak2@30days.jpglarge.5a831c3cb3993_Pak2@30daysabove.jpg

Critical+2@37 days
Turning into a nice little bush this one after it's 2 toppings but well overdue a re pot, as you can see a little hunger spreading up from the bottom. I'll re pot in the next day or two but keep feeding 2ml fm and rs until the re pot.

large.5a831c4285e43_Crit2@37days.jpglarge.5a831c48095b9_Crit2@37daysabove.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, jadenugs said:

The paks are still really slow

I knew this was going to throw you out mate due to the last strains you grew were fast compared to pak :)

It's nice to challenge yourself with a new strain and pak will most certainly challenge your skills which I know you are more than capable of taking on :bong:

I know you had a small mishap with a brief dry out but you will pull this back and recovery is already underway :yep:

As usual thank you for taking the time to update your diary and for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Oh pak will not get any faster. Very slow growth but kicks in during bloom so an extended veg maybe needed  :yep: just a thought brother  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 6

@Dinafem-Mark

Cheers bro for the kind words and encouragement  :)

12 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Oh pak will not get any faster. Very slow growth but kicks in during bloom so an extended veg maybe needed  :yep:

Haha tell me about it dude. I've been looking back through stages and #1 @ 43 days  is more or less at the same stage as #2 @ 30 days so it's 13 days in front. Maybe I stunted #1 or it was a runt anyway. I'll go for me fucking it up lol Since I put the new heater in yesterday and turned the leccy blanket thermostat up they've both perked up :)  Still gonna be a challenge keeping the canopy level ish as this Critical is gonna really take off when I pot it up.

As @OddNut  said I could always chop it back. Looks like it's gonna get a butchering a week or two before the flip ;)

• Like 3

good things come to those who wait, ive been doing a perpetual so i can put the paks in whenever they get to my desired height, which is always after what ever else im growing .lol  

large.DSC02278.JPG

• Like 6