2 x VIPARSPECTRA 450w led’s

1 x 4” rvk intake

1 x 5” rvk extractor

1 x Rhino Pro filter

1 Tent   -  .8m x 1.6m x 1.8m

1 Radiator 800/500w

1 x Evolution Digital Controller

Preparation

I’m using 11l containers filled with 70% Bio Bizz Light Mix and 30% Perlite.  I’ve watered- about 2l/2.5l per pot - covered in cling film and placed in warmed up tent overnight.  Next morning I cut hole in centre of cling film and planted seeds straight into the containers.

Here are initial pics:

large.Setup.jpglarge.5a5369cebf38e_Justplanted.jpglarge.5a5369c6889c8_Germinatingtemp.jpg

• Like 5

Good luck, all the best with this grow. Can I just ask, why the perlite? I know some people like to use it but a lot of experienced growers on here think it's wasted space, plus doesn't the Light Mix already come with perlite mixed in? I'm a hydro grower so I don't have an opinion btw, just be interesting to hear more on this.

Cracking choice of strain, looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Edited by SevernValleySavant

@SevernValleySavant- I haven't got a clue.  Saw someone else use this for autos with good results so thought I'd give it a go.  And it will be the same for the rest of the grow...info and suggestions from other knowledgeable members as I know fuck all........

Thanks for the luck btw, I'm going to need lots.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, isla said:

Thanks for the luck btw, I'm going to need lots.

You'll be fine!!

Have you had a peek at @blackpoolbouncer grow diaries? I feel compelled to say this to anyone starting out with autos, because I know feck all about autos, but his results are damned good!

You've done the right thing starting a diary, you'll get folk chipping in...

Good luck!

• Like 2

Good start buddy that cling film does a great job mate u will see :)

Be careful with the leds in early stage ive burnt my first leaves by underestimating led power lol

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 2

I'd drop that light down to about 3ft away, specially if your only using the veg switch. They'll only be drawing about 200W each at full power. 

• Like 3

Good luck with the grow 

fwiw, I wouldnt, havent and never will use perlite and I grow and look after thousands of plants of all variety.......its taking up space in your pot that could be used for roots.

For every litre of perlite thats a litre less compost and a litre less of roots.

More roots more fruits

• Like 5

If you want to make your compost lighter, you can add some coco coir to it instead of perlite. It'll do the same thing without taking up root space ;)

• Like 3

@beezee I'll remember for next time...I did it because I saw someone using the same mix for autos so I'll have to see how it goes now (diden't know why he used it or what it was for - should have asked some q's)

• Like 4

Yeah there's 2 schools of thought with regards to perlite. I'm with blackpoolbouncer, never used it and probably never will :)

• Like 3

I prefer it in a compost mix as thats how i was taught when i was a gardener.

I find it aids airation,decreases compaction and helps water retention without starving the roots of valuable air.

With perlite in the mix it is impossible to over water which can be usefull for new growers.

Each to their own eh.

• Like 5