fed up with searchs , please help LEDS.

lolaszek

6 hours ago, lolaszek said:

When I first grow on hps 100w and 40x40 box I had 2 plants and ventilation was a problem - I dont wanna do it again ,

Hope you manage to find the light that suits you. I use hps and led together they both work well. In my opinion ventilation is the key to getting your grow to do well, sort that bit out and you can use any lighting you want to suit your budget.  If ventilation was a problem for you with 100W hps you may still run into problems with LED. Changing you light will not help ventilation, maybe just reduce temps a bit.  All plants including cannabis like fresh air to be happy.

• Like 4

I bought a S/H Viparspectra 300, quite impressed with it. Also recently bought a Secret Jardin 30w monkey fan, surprised how much air it moves. 

• Like 1

Guest Gojitangie

I know someone who is going to be putting his budmaster series 1 405 watt  on the well known auction site next week, will be under £200.

135 3 watt diodes, this model was replaced by budmaster 2 the current model. £500 when new. 

If if you come across any old Grow Northern units - MS 04 or the MS 06 they are  worth a punt at the right price. Quantum boards have a loyal following which I understand is minimal DIY. Notice you want off the shelf so reckon that leaves you with the choice of brand new Chinese - Vipar/Mars etc or second hand Budmaster/Grow Northern.

Edited by Gojitangie
Sp

Hi mate i know how you feel when it comes to reading into LED world.. heres what im going for..

600w /125w from the wall blurple LED off amazon - quite noisy but not as bad as extractor lol.. does wonders in veg i wouldnt change it. 

For flower this is where the arguments start.. u can pay top dolla for panels with hundreds of leds all deiffrent spectrums and nm ranges or you can go for cobs and choose 1 or two spectrums like.. 2x 50w 2700k cob + 2 x 50w 3500k cob 

Or you can go SMD led which are avalible on ebay under high bay leds but hard to find low spectrum. U can go all out and put a couple of higher spectrum cobs on ur heatsinks for veg period and swtich to 2700-3500k for flower.

This is just what ive learnt but im sure there are people with more knowlage :D

• Like 1

Right , yesterday night I spent good hour writing a post but suddenly an bloody error popped out , pissed me off big time - so I will try to shortly explain what happen now.

I finally went for DIY LED lights , let me include some specs and pictures of what it is , before you will say anything - I can adjust this panel between 100-150 W for veg and bloom . My box is only 60x60 , person who made this panel does it since 2012 and its very well recommended in Poland - in my country there are companies which do growing panels basen on citizen or cree but the cost of it is higher than american brands ( in respect of electronics , knowledge and new things Poland is very neat towards it ) so the LEDS he used are being used by leading polish grow companies , some specs

CITIZEN CLU058 - 38x38MM ,
CITIZEN CLU046 - 28x28MM.

size 200x200x50

weight 4kg

leds power 136-140 WAT REAL POWER

*COB, CITIZEN clu058 3.500K  type of leds

* dc MEANWELL hlg 150h

*power supply for radiators

*vents AAB14

*wires, plugs etc

*glue paste for COB 7.5W/mK

*radiator

*potentiometer,scale , adjuster

*hangers + lense

total cost of parts in Poland is 140 GBP

+ 30 for the job ( prices of labour are less in Poland than UK )

+20 for postage

TOTAL less than gbp200, these panels are also available in 150,240,360W also another generation of LEDS he will do is those you can attach to each other , he also can do custom panels but this is not the case now.

Imo - this panel will be more than enough for 3 autos and box 60x60 , it can do 80x80 and lense used in this model is not 90 but 120 whoch can light more room.

If someone is interested in buying panel which would cost you twice in UK fell free co contact me :)  ( cost of parts are slight less in Poland therefore cost of the job might reach the cost of parts in UK )

some pictures

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 2

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 3

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 4

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 5

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 7

Edited by lolaszek
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, lolaszek said:

I dont know, I was hoping to get an answer , am totally new to LEDs but this is my only option.  I am totally confused ;)

I sincerely doubt it's your only option.

Personally, with the bullshit claims still flying around, I would only consider LEDs as a DIY project - though I'm unlikely to get around to it any time soon, because I only need to grow this plant every few years, and the rest of the time I only use LEDs to replace fluorescents for seedlings and small plants - for which purpose, cheap LED strips work very well indeed.

I often wonder what those short tents are meant for - presumably mothers and early veg ?

With a full height cupboard or drobe, and basic training methods, you should be able to grow whatever you like - using lighting technology that has stood the test of time.

With your limited headroom, SCROG and serious extraction should allow you to use. That particular lamp - as I said before - is emulating the sort of lamp you claim you can't accommodate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cultivateur said:

I sincerely doubt it's your only option.

Personally, with the bullshit claims still flying around, I would only consider LEDs as a DIY project - though I'm unlikely to get around to it any time soon, because I only need to grow this plant every few years, and the rest of the time I only use LEDs to replace fluorescents for seedlings and small plants - for which purpose, cheap LED strips work very well indeed.

I often wonder what those short tents are meant for - presumably mothers and early veg ?

With a full height cupboard or drobe, and basic training methods, you should be able to grow whatever you like - using lighting technology that has stood the test of time.

With your limited headroom, SCROG and serious extraction should allow you to use. That particular lamp - as I said before - is emulating the sort of lamp you claim you can't accommodate.

God, you are really defending HPS like a real hero :) To be honest with you - I am mr stubborn , I wanted LEDs and lets say there is no sodium lamps whatsoever - I was assured by the person who made this panel that keeping it max 50cm off plant in veg is critical distance, he s recommending 30cm for veg and if any problems with the term as he called "albisone" or such which is not dangerous to just adjust wattage for less than full power and it flies. Small size of panel is also benefit so I can put it higher , I seen people planting in height of 120-100 cm and after proper training results was awesome , I dont think 140 cm is something bad based on LEDS ( less heat ) anyway - I am going to take risk and try this panel - I seen pictures of plants raised under it and both veg and bloom was perfect, in flo phase buds become thick and healthy , I am going for vertical scrog and 3 plants , inside of it I will flo small plants to give them enough light .

32 minutes ago, lolaszek said:

I am going for vertical scrog and 3 plants , inside of it I will flo small plants to give them enough light .

But it isn't a vertical lamp !

That perspex dome is a protective cover for the LED which is very hot and probably also fairly high voltage.

Hi @lolaszek, glad to hear that you have picked the light you want n1, however do you think this cree panel will fix the ventilation issues you had with your 100W HPS as per my previous post ?

cheers :)

Just now, old creekers said:

Hi @lolaszek, glad to hear that you have picked the light you want n1, however do you think this cree panel will fix the ventilation issues you had with your 100W HPS as per my previous post ?

cheers :)

Hi, ventilation problem I had with 100W HPS was due to insufficient amount of vent , previously I had only one mixing vent inside and two pockets passive , when I put additional PC vent bottom throwing and top sucking air from above of HPS , the temp went to stable 23-27 .

Now , I am going to have passive bot , gorilla mix 13W and I will choose one of black orchid's or such for top , then for flowering I will attach filter as its not necessary for flo

Ok cheers, so your ventilation problem was nothing to do with the light you were using but a lack of air flow issue. I must have misunderstood....

All the best with your grow :)

• Like 2

On 2018/1/1 at 1:24 AM, lolaszek said:

Right , yesterday night I spent good hour writing a post but suddenly an bloody error popped out , pissed me off big time - so I will try to shortly explain what happen now.

I finally went for DIY LED lights , let me include some specs and pictures of what it is , before you will say anything - I can adjust this panel between 100-150 W for veg and bloom . My box is only 60x60 , person who made this panel does it since 2012 and its very well recommended in Poland - in my country there are companies which do growing panels basen on citizen or cree but the cost of it is higher than american brands ( in respect of electronics , knowledge and new things Poland is very neat towards it ) so the LEDS he used are being used by leading polish grow companies , some specs

CITIZEN CLU058 - 38x38MM ,
CITIZEN CLU046 - 28x28MM.

size 200x200x50

weight 4kg

leds power 136-140 WAT REAL POWER

*COB, CITIZEN clu058 3.500K  type of leds

* dc MEANWELL hlg 150h

*power supply for radiators

*vents AAB14

*wires, plugs etc

*glue paste for COB 7.5W/mK

*radiator

*potentiometer,scale , adjuster

*hangers + lense

total cost of parts in Poland is 140 GBP

+ 30 for the job ( prices of labour are less in Poland than UK )

+20 for postage

TOTAL less than gbp200, these panels are also available in 150,240,360W also another generation of LEDS he will do is those you can attach to each other , he also can do custom panels but this is not the case now.

Imo - this panel will be more than enough for 3 autos and box 60x60 , it can do 80x80 and lense used in this model is not 90 but 120 whoch can light more room.

If someone is interested in buying panel which would cost you twice in UK fell free co contact me :)  ( cost of parts are slight less in Poland therefore cost of the job might reach the cost of parts in UK )

some pictures

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 2

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 3

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 4

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 5

Panel Led Grow 150W CITIZEN clu058 Mysłowice - image 7

Recently, the Cree COB CXB 3590 is very popular as well

On 2017/12/31 at 7:22 AM, old creekers said:

Hope you manage to find the light that suits you. I use hps and led together they both work well. In my opinion ventilation is the key to getting your grow to do well, sort that bit out and you can use any lighting you want to suit your budget.  If ventilation was a problem for you with 100W hps you may still run into problems with LED. Changing you light will not help ventilation, maybe just reduce temps a bit.  All plants including cannabis like fresh air to be happy.

I've seen many growers choose to mix LEDs with their HPS bulbs. In fact, combining MH/HPS with a quality LED panel may be a great way to improve the quality of your harvested buds. There are lots of growers who claim that LEDs increase potency and density, as well as bring out the natural smell/taste of your strain. On the flip side, some growers believe that HPS tends to produce "prettier" buds.

• Like 1

@lolaszek hey mate.. nice light should do a great job 3500k spectrum is proven to do well in veg and flower. 

Got to say though the usual price for DIY cobs in the uk is £1 per watt

With that lense u should be able to bring the lamp down a few cm but just play around with it.

JJ

On 12/31/2017 at 7:54 PM, old creekers said:

delete this post pls

Edited by lolaszek