Grower not a shower

1 minute ago, beezee said:

Can't you search the appstore for an image resizer? I'm sure you'd get a few results 

I think I may have found the answer. Stay tuned for updates?(hopefully with pics)

• Like 4

There should be an app on the itune store similar to ones on android  :yep:

It sounds like you have gone in hard and the defoliation of the lowers is going to help greatly with end production  :bong:

Will look out for your picture update mate. If you can not do it just drop me a pm. I'll resize and post for you :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

Quick update with the goings on over the past few days. 

I was was getting a bit worried about the temperature in the tent. I've only got the 1 thermometer in there and obviously get different temps depending on its location. At the very top of the tent I get very close to 90f, whilst at the bottom it's around 76. I've got 2 fans in there along with my extract so I was guessing that the average temperature woulda been around the 80-85f which is still a bit high. From what I've read, around 65f at lights off and 80f lights on should be the range I'm looking for? I've also dialled the ballast down to 600w from 660w which has had helped. 

I took a few pics of her the other night. As you can see I've removed a fair amount (at least I think I have) of growth. I only removed leaves, and left all the little buds alone.large.IMG_0024.JPGlarge.IMG_0023.JPGlarge.IMG_0022.JPG

like I say, these pics are from a few days ago so there's been a little more growth than shown here and I've also been removing a few leaves every day or so that I think are blocking buds. Do you think I coulda/shoulda gone harder on the defoliation?

oh, I almost forgot. Turns out I git a week ahead of myself when I said the 11th was day 21 of flowering. It was actually only 14 days since the flip. This Sunday, 25th, will mark day 28 of flower and a full 13 weeks since she first popped her head above ground back in November. 

I wish I'd set my lights so that they came on earlier so I could take her out and get some pics in daylight but they don't come on till 1730 and my bedroom is pretty dark anyway so not ideal for bud shots. But I can tell you that the little leaves (sugar leaves?) have got little, tiny crystals forming on them and she is unbelievably sticky when I touch her. The smell on your fingers after fiddling about is amazing! 

If anyone's interested I'm currently feeding 5 or 6 litres daily. Ionic coco bloom. growth technologies silicon, SuperDrive and nitrozyme. I also add pk boost, cal mag and greenfuse bloom once a week but on different days so not to cook the roots. I'm currently feeding at ph6.1/6.2, ec 1.5 which rises to 1.8 after adding the above supplements etc.

• Like 6

On 19/02/2018 at 2:48 PM, Dinafem-Mark said:

Will look out for your picture update mate. If you can not do it just drop me a pm. I'll resize and post for you

Cheers for the offer, mate. Hopefully I've got it sussed now. For some reason it's much easier on my iPad than my phone even though I'm using the same app and photos :headpain:

• Like 1

A random thought just popped into my head. I’ve read about diminishing light schedules, ie 11/13 or 10/14, and was wondering, since I’ve dropped the light from 660w to 600w and that has reduced the temperature in the tent, would extending the dark period have any kind of positive affect on her? I’m thinking it’d maybe trick her into thinking the seasons are changing. winter is coming so she better get a shift on kinda thing? 

Or or maybe I’m just high :skin_up:

• Like 1

Getting big! Looks like you're going to get a nice harvest! :yep:

You might be right about it getting a wee bit hot in there - I could be way off, but, the leaves up top look like they are curling inwards a little and that can be a sign of heat stress - don't take my word for it though! ;)

The 12/12 shortening of light does the trick, but I've also read things about different timings though the answers tend to be contradictory - we need a proper gardener to answer that one!

Things are looking nice! :v:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Slugums said:

You might be right about it getting a wee bit hot in there - I could be way off, but, the leaves up top look like they are curling inwards a little and that can be a sign of heat stress - don't take my word for it though! ;)

I know what you mean mate, I’ve also read that leaves curling in on themselves is a sign of heat stress and I’ve been keeping an eye on the leaves. For some teason they look worse in the photos than to the naked eye. it’s only really the top leaves that curl inwards and they soon straighten out within a day or two. 

I am slightly worried about the size of the buds if I’m honest. They’re spread quite far apart and I thought they might be a little bit bulkier considering the size of the stems. Hopefully now I’m into the 4th week of flower she’ll start to pack on the weight.

I was actually considering upping the feed a bit but would like the advice of an experienced grower before I do. I’ll take a couple of photos shortly and get them posted 

cheers for stopping by, mate

• Like 1

Few more pics I’ve just taken tonight. large.B88CAB37-7A8A-4E58-9C2D-1A3E4C67B8CB.jpeglarge.355935F6-C960-4B2C-B723-7CDE71FDE50F.jpeglarge.1A0000F3-233E-4456-9CA3-5CD4F051F1AF.jpeglarge.02F6D1C2-D483-40EB-BD5B-F9658CCD3F70.jpeganyone know if she’s looking good? I hope now we’re heading into the 5th week of flower that those buds will start packing on some serious weight

• Like 7

@Grower not a shower looking great in here mate!!! If you are feeding daily I wouldn’t up the EC beyond 1.6 mate, better to be slightly under than over in my opionion mate. Although if you really want to then up it very gradually and keep your eyes peeled for any tip burn (the very top of the leaves going yellow/brown) then back off. 

She he should start packing the weight of from week 5 in my experience mate. They tend to look like they are standing still around the end of week 3/4 then fatten up from week 5.... again just my experience, I’m sure a better grower than me will pop in soon... like @botanics

Anyway, best of luck to the end mate.

• Like 3

Cheers for the advice @In-the-night-garden 

when i I fed her tonight I upped the feed a bit. Usually when I make up a 5l bucket I add 5ml silicon which knocks the ec up to 0.3 then add 45ml bloom nutes which gives me an ec of 1.5. But tonight I added 50ml nutes which took the ec up to 1.8 including the silicon. 

I was was thinking about removing some more leaves, especially from the middle of the plant. There are lots of little bud sites down there but most are blocked out. Can I remove too many leaves at this point? And how many is too many?

• Like 1

Just over 4 weeks into bloom and the buds are developing really well indeed  :)

Nice size and starting to fill in the gaps between buds so these should be very densely structured come harvest :)

Right lighting. 

Most people do flower under 12/12 but you could use 11/13 which I do but I start to knock 1 hour off each week from week 6 of bloom. Which if I'm running a 9 week strain I'll finish on 9/15 (on/off) with the final 48 hours in total darkness :)

You are doing a fine job my friend and I'll pop back in on the next update mate until then thanks for the diary update and added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time  :)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3

HELP!!!! Just found thousands of tiny little white bugs in my coco as I was feeding her. I havent noticed them before but they must’ve been there for a while as there’s so many of them. They’re not actually on the plant, just in the coco. They are tiny, too small to photograph, probably about 1-2mm in length. 

Anyone any any ideas what they could be and if they’re harmful? I’ve done a bit of digging and I’m hoping they’re springtails as apparently they’re harmless?

Edited by Grower not a shower
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grower not a shower said:

HELP!!!! Just found thousands of tiny little white bugs in my coco as I was feeding her.

This sounds very much like whitefly or fruitfly larve which could have been laid in your coco by a rogue fly/flys :(

I say this as they are most notably when watering. Have you seen lots of white specs when watering? Jumping around? If so it sound very much like a larve attack.

This can be very bad on the roots and it does sound like a fungus gnat issue the more I'm thinking on this :yep:

I know mosquito dunks work well and there are several products on the market the last one I tried was pest off which left me p$%$ed off lol as it had zero effect and have heard of neem oil being used along with h2o2(hydrogen peroxide)

Let me do a little more research mate and I'm sure more members will be by to offer advice  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 3