Remo chemo diy nft

highlo

Hi guys sorry for the lack of updates and photos I've been really I'll the past few days so haven't done much tbh, they are getting huge though , I'm going to have to switch them soon to keep control of them, there is some amount of foliage in there aswell so I'm thinking of doing some defoliation, I've never really done much pruning before though so just wondering how much to remove and if it's safe to take away the giant fans blocking bud sites? Once I'm over this I'll get into the tent and get pics up for you all, Merry Christmas when it comes

• Like 3

I usually just go and take any fan leaves pointing  inwards mate, this opens up the centre of the plant to more light and they still have enough leaves pointing outward to fuel the plant, any leaves I don't want to take away I just tuck under the bud sites:yep:

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Crentz said:

I usually just go and take any fan leaves pointing  inwards mate, this opens up the centre of the plant to more light and they still have enough leaves pointing outward to fuel the plant, any leaves I don't want to take away I just tuck under the bud sites:yep:

Thanks @Crentz that makes a lot of sense, it's beginning to look like a jungle in there lol , think I'll do just what you suggested and let them recover for a few days before switching them to flower, I've tucked a few leaves and tied them inside the canopy but this remo is a bushy plant

• Like 2

Merry Christmas everyone, the tent was getting a bit neglected the past few days so I done some major defoliation this afternoon , I plan on tying them along the net but that can wait till another day , here's some pics in the mean time large.IMG_20171225_141914-972x1296.jpglarge.IMG_20171225_141907-972x1296.jpglarge.IMG_20171225_141657-972x1296.jpglarge.IMG_20171225_141637-972x1296.jpglarge.IMG_20171225_141630-972x1296.jpglarge.IMG_20171225_133416-972x1296.jpg thanks for looking and I hope your all having a good day, toke up its Christmas :smokin:

• Like 6

Thanks mate it was simple to set up as well, really just a tray a pump and tubing lol I'm happy with how it works so far, fingers crossed they stay healthy after the flip, I've just ordered some a n big bud and overdrive and a new hps bulb so once that all arrives they should have recovered from  today's chopping and ready to flower

• Like 3

Been busy in the tent today taking more leaves and trying to get control of the canopy, 2 of them are pretty even but the other ones are a bit shorter so I've had to tie the taller ones to the support net while the other 2 catch up, I've also noticed some slight nute burn which started when I upped the strength to 1.3, I've added some water to lower it for now as it was due a change anyway and have a fresh 40l at 1.1ec 5.8 pH of b52, sensi grow a and b

• Like 1

I'm having a few issues now in the tent, one of the plants is lookin pretty droopy and side stems weak and hanging down, the rest are a little similar although are pulling through and look like they will recover quickly, the last batch of nutes at 1.1 was still too strong for them so I added some ph,d water to bring it to a safe 9.3 , pH is also climbing so I brought it down from 6.4 to 5.8, I hope they get back to health quickly as they are almost ready to flip

• Like 2

large.IMG_20171228_212654-777x1036.jpglarge.IMG_20171228_212646-777x1036.jpglarge.IMG_20171228_212642-777x1036.jpglarge.IMG_20171228_212630-777x1036.jpglarge.IMG_20171228_212625-777x1036.jpg I'm thinking it was the stress from defoliation that caused this on the front left plant, the other 3 seem to be OK though and it has brought more new growth and bud sites into the light so hopefully it should pay off in flower 

• Like 2

Is the plant that's having issues located beside where your tray drains off by any chance? It's not looking very happy at all. 

Check the roots and make sure there's no algae building up anywhere, an algae problem will make the ph drift like that, feel the roots and see if they are slimey. 

Are you using rockwool cubes man, if they were not soaked properly before using this can cause ph swing also, if your using tap water make sure to de chlorinate it properly before using. 

• Like 3

@Crentz Yeah mate it is right beside the drain and a lot of roots do get into the reservoir which sometimes is a bit green, I thought that algae was harmless as well, the rockwool cubes were well soaked for over a day so it shouldn't be that, I'll have a look at the roots and re cover them, is it OK to cut a single plant in nft ? I thought that could cause root rot with the old roots still in? Thanks again 

• Like 2

I had a look at the roots there and there doesn't seem to be any algae growth inside the tray, the red is clean as well and no roots hanging in it have any algae build up, the pH has shot up to 6.8 and the ec is st just over 1, could this be a possible lock out, the other 3 are looking healthy again I'm getting pretty confused by this 

• Like 2

It's a strange one alright, the reason I asked if that was near the drain plug is your more likely to get an algae build up there. 

I have zero experience with nft mate so I'm not sure how you would go about pulling the plant if the roots are tangled, it could be a lock out problem and to correct this I'd try a light foliar feeding on this plant for a few days with just a simple mix of nutrients, in a spray bottle just mix your grow nutrient to 0.4 EC (200 ppm) and put two small drops of super thrive in and a small amount of Epsom salt,  give the plant a foliar feed with this every day one hour before lights on making sure to spray under all the leaves. 

If the plant responds well after a few days then there's a lockout problem at the root zone. 

Make sure your res is always covered and no nutrient solution is in direct contact with the lights, I'd also do a complete res change and while it's empty sterilise everything with a very mild solution of warm water and bleach. 

Edited by Crentz
  • Like 3